Reaction score
Hello, I'm going to start a game with Arsenal and was wondering if there is anything I need to know about them before I do so. Will I need to sign any players, do I need to bring in any staff and what is the best formation for me to use?

Thanks in advance.

Get a new GK, I recommend Guillermo Ochoa or David De Gea. Definately a new CB, I recommend Phil Jones (Blackburn) and/or Simon Kjaer (if you can afford him...) and maybe a lethal striker such as Diego Forlan, or just use Carlos Vela as regularly as you can, wonderkid to me.. XD

Tactics wise, try and play 4-3-3 (I suggest Raikan007's perfect 4-3-3, with Nasri and Arshavin as wingers. Oh and get some epic 16-18 year olds to put in your youth squad for a good future ;) scout Argentina, Brazil and France.

Sign Jefferson Montero from Villareal hes on loan at levante they want about 1.2 million for him but he turn into a better winger than arshavin if you dont believe me get a scout report!

I would use a 4-2-3-1 formation:

New Keeper!
Sagna - Koscielny/Djourou - Vermaelen - Clichy

Song - Wilshere/Diaby

Walcott - Fabregas - Nasri/Arshavin

V.Persie/Chamakh

Wait till after 1 season to get a new keeper (more funds). I'd look at getting a good, tall ball winner playing next to song who can also create pass well from deep. Fellaini is my choice as he scores around 10-15 goals every season from set pieces. For formation:

New Keeper!
Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Clichy

Song - Fellaini

V.Persie - Fabregas - Arshavin

Chamakh

Vermaelen ball playing defender, song pretty much anchorman settings but in central mid, fellaini ball-winning support with medium runs into box, fabregas or nasri as playmaker support, arshavin and v.persie inside forwards and chamakh as complete forward/advance forward attack.

I have a balanced - control formation for most games with short passing and high pressing. Offside trap on as well. When buying your keeper, make sure you get a sweeper keeper as there will be a lot of space behind defence. My purchase in my second season was sergio romero. Enjoy :)

Download my Unorthodox Tactic which worked incredibly for Arsenal.

Sign Rene Adler, Phil Jones and Seb Battaglia (Boca) as cover for Song.

Sell Rosicky, Denilson, Diaby and Squillaci.

I'd keep Almunia for the first season. You don't really need to do anything at the start.

Sagna---Koscielny---Vermaelen----Clichy
---------Song-----Fabregas-----------
---Walcott-----Arshavin------Nasri
-----------Van Persie------------

Possible Outs: Squilacci and Almunia after the first season for about £3m each.

Possible Ins: I would highly reccomend getting Galeano straight away since he'll be better than Vermaelen in a season or two. For the GK problem you can still with Fabianski but I suggest getting De Gea or Areola for the future.

Staff: Keep it how it is but assess each one when their contracts come to an end to see if you really need them.