Reaction score
First season in at Arsenal, this is my 4th attempt at a successful season with Arsenal and I'm trying to find out where I'm going wrong.

Transfers so far:

In
Lars Bender - 22.5m
Timo Werner - 6.5m
Eder Balanta - 6.5m
Lorenzo Insigne - 13.5m
Michael Keane - 2.5m

Out
Park Chu-Young - 3m
Emmanuel Frimpong - 1m
Serge Gnabry - (Loan)
Chuba Akpom - (Loan)

How my team looks at the moment:

GKSzczesny / Viviano

FB (Sup)Gibbs / Monreal
CD (Stopper) Balanta / Mertersacker
CD (Cover) Koscielny / Vermaelan
FB (Sup) Sagna / Jenkinson

BTB Ramsey / Arteta
BWM Bender / Flamini

W (Att) Oxalade-Chamberlain / Walcott
AP (Att) Ozil/Wilshere / Carzola
W (Att) Insigne / Podolski

Poacher
Giroud / Werner

My plans at the moment are:

Transfers in
Luke Shaw (LB)
De Sciglio (RB)
Oriol Romeu (Trained to CB)

Transfers out
Zelalem (Loan)
Nicklas Bendter (Transfer)
Abou Diaby (Transfer)

Anything you would change? Any advice for tactics/shoutouts/player instructions/future buys?

Thanks!

(I woulda just used screenshots but apparently you're not allowed to post imgs in your first post)
(On second thoughts I think this would sit better in general discussion so if a mod could move it that would be great)

Last edited:
OK, unless you have a lot of money, Shaw is likely off your radar. He doesn't come cheap. De Sciglio is much cheaper and can play both sides. I would snag Kyriakos Papadopoulos to be a backup BWM (check out his stats for BWM-D) and backup/starting DC. He's starts for my Man City as a BWM and has averaged a 7.29, even though it isn't his natural position.

Besides that, your team looks good. I've played around with Arsenal a few times this season and had some success, so let me know where you are having issues and I'll try to help

Papadopoulos seems a beast, can't believe I haven't seen him before. Should be great in the second and third season when Flamini starts a bit old. Cost me quite a bit though so don't know if I'll be able to De Sciglio. Maybe I'll try again in January when the board give you an extra 20 mil.

My last try actually went fairly well, first season I finished 2nd by 1 point in the league and reach the finals of crapital one cup and then won the champs league and crapital one cup in the second. However 3rd season went to pot and I finished 5th in the league didn't get close anywhere else so I've restarted.

My main frustration in the first few tries were my wingers (walcott RAM Ox LAM) both refused to cross the ball and always cut inside and tried to shoot and seemed to cost me a lot of goals. A few players also underperformed for me (Suarez + Carzola).

EDIT: Just drew 2-2 with Crystal Palace but hit the woodwork 5 times with 3 clear cut chances and a missed penalty. 60-40% possesion. I can see another restart coming.

Last edited:
I can't comprehend as to why you'd want to sell Koscienly? He's an absolute beast for me, paired with Mertesaker in my defense. I'd move Podolski on, he doesn't seem to play particularly well for me, and you can get a fair price too. Retrain Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to play on the left 100% and he plays really well (Averaging 7.5-8.5 per game for me.)

In my first season he got some stupid red cards and I guess I just held a grudge. I've taken him off of my transfer list now.

De Sciglio is a must, I got him for 9.5 first season. Have a look at Lucas Romero (good young talent).
Carlos Vela is available for 3.2 (buy back clause) and well worth it for cover. Play Ozil as a Trequartista in an Att Mid position and your worries are over.
Why do you restart games once it goes bad??