ozey

Reaction score
hi. just wondered who people are looking at to sign for arsenal in their first season on fm14. im always arsenal and have supported them since 87, i know what the team needs etc, but im just curious as to who people are looking at! i like the look of balanta,jese or morata, tielemans and neustadter(spell)?

Well I guess it depends on what tactic you want to play? One solid buy is to buy back Carlos Vela, he has a ?3.4m buy back clause so you get him on the cheap!

Then since you only have 3 CB's you definitely at least one more. I've only played the demo and then I signed Varane from RM but he is expensive, even though he is worth it! Another good one is Micah Richards from Man City who you can get for around ?7-10M.

If you want some young future talents I would look at a german striker called Timo or similar from Stuttgart, he is available for ?5-7M and rated a potential 4,5m for me. Also I like to sign young English players, so I'm probably going to sign Ward-Prowse as well from the Saints.

Considering you have to CM/AM's who's quite old and will need replacing soon (Rosicky & Arteta) it might be a good shout to sign Honda on a free transfer to replace Rosicky for season 2. And maybe another DM to complement Flamini as well and a future replacement for Arteta. Obviously then you might not want to sign Ward-Prowse to make sure not to have to many midfielders.

Vela is a huge shout but with the current team on a 4-2-2-2 (inside fwds & two poachers) letting Ozil be the Att cm and flamini (or maybe purchase Bender) as the ball winner DM you cannot go wrong. I love FM14 and gunners so keep the thread going. Good luck

In: Robert Lewandowski, Sven Bender, Chris Smalling, Eder Balanta, Alex Sandro, Sam Johnstone, Richario Zivkovic

Out: Per Mertesacker, Manu Frimpong, Fabianski, Young (loan), Monreal (loan)

Looks like a great start. That team should compete for top honors with the talent it already has in place plus your additions.

How much you've got for Per Mertsacker?
In fact, several players are just impossible to sell!

Why sell Mertesacker? This guy averaged high 7's to low 8's in FM13 and FM14 for me.
He's good to last you 2-3 seasons and a good tutor.

i barely played mertesacker and podolski first season, i offered them and ?16m for draxler which was accepted, draxler has been class playing on the left wing. it was a good deal as both merte and pods attributes went down and were 30 and 29, also on high wages.

I've just started and the transfers are going pretty well so far, I've just hit August in the first window.
In: Pogba, Vela, Romero, Pastore, Subotic, Micah Richards
Out: Ramsey (29m), Walcott (38m) and Frimpong.

I've still got a big 39m to spend & I'm looking at getting a top, consistent, world class striker. Balotelli was my key target but even at 60m (wasn't going to do the transfer at that fee, just wanted to test Milan for selling demands) they said it was unacceptable so I need a new target. Mertesacker looks to be joining Dortmund for 13m so that'll be more funds. Any ideas for my striker?

Robert Lewandowski - with that much, he should be easily affordable. Other options probably are Christian Benteke, who is pretty good in this year's FM. Also, Alexander Mitrovic. And Timo Werner for the future - he become world class after a couple of years.
You should probably be able to snap up Leandro Damiao very cheaply, but I don't think he's the monster that he was last year..

I would have kept Mertesacker for a season or two, as said above he is great cover and can be used to rest players against slower strikers. He is also a great Tutor.
Subotic is available for cheap. I got him for 6.5 mill. De Scaglio from AC Milan is another great young buy and was available for 9.5 Lucas Romero is good to get as he can be cover and one for the future with Flamini and Arteta geting older. Vela is a must even if it is just for sell on price due to cheap cost.

A striker for my second season is a biggy, Giroud is doing great but I need back up or somebody to push for a start over him.
Mitrovic, Benteke, Volland, Jackson Martinez, Damaio, Huntelaar?? Plenty of choice

Benteke. Scores a lot and can make a good impact from the bench too

Improve your left side of defense with Ben Davies, and Prowse for the midfield.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk