Arsenal Football Club - New Kid on the Block

SGProductions

Reaction score
Arsene Wenger Resigns
Arsene Wenger has resigned from his post as manager of Arsenal after sixteen years. Wenger has released a statement saying "I am extremely upset to be leaving but I felt it is the right time to move on for new things and hopefully the club can hire a new manager who has fresh ideas and will bring innovative players and help the club win trophies, qualify for Europe and do their best. I wish Arsenal well and I will be staying in North London as a season ticket holder until I find a new job or retire. I'm proud of what I have done and I know my successor will do well too." The board released a statement saying; ''Arsenal would like to thank Arsene Wenger for his services and everything he has done for the club. We owe him much and as a leaving present his tickets will be free and there will be another statue of Mr. Wenger being built outside the Emirates Stadium. We agree with his statement regarding the fresh ideas and thats what we will do, find a manager with fresh ideas. Regardless of their reputation".

Arsenal appoint youth coach Stephen Gibbs as manager
Arsenal have appointed youth coach Stephen Gibbs as manager on a one year contract. Gibbs had recently joined the club as a youth coach and worked with the U18 and Reserve teams. Gibbs is inexperienced in the management field so his appointment is one of mixed reactions. Some fans are glad someone who knows the players and someone young with fresh ideas is appointed whereas some fans were expecting a world class appointment. Gibbs has released a statement saying; ''It's absolutely fantastic to be appointed manager and I promise to win trophies and do my best in the future."

Arsenal Pre Season
win.png
Arsenal 4-0 Grimsby
win.png
Arsenal 3-1 Angers Sco
draw.png
Arsenal 2-2 Napoli

Premier League Fixtures
win.png
Wigan 0-1 Arsenal Vermaelen '5
win.png
Arsenal 1-0 West Ham Cazorla '2