saltwaterfsh

Reaction score
My arsenal team are doing fine but I seem to be conceding too many goals so I think it's time for a new goalkeeper, I have roughly £20 million to spend but obviously the cheaper the better. I currently have Kameni, Szczeny, and Areola so the new GK has got to be significantly better than all of them. Any suggestions?

he does look good and he's only 21 on my file but his scouts say he has poor positioning which is a definite no no for me as a gk. Any more suggestions?

He's the best you'll get I expect and if him plus all the keepers you already have aren't good enough for you maybe your defence or tactics need sorting out!

quite a negative perspective, I'm not in my first season so the statue of my club is quite high so I think I can do better. My tactics and defense seem solid I have a 80% win rate. kameni's eccentricity is just too high for me, szczeny just isn't cutting at as no 1 and areloa's too young at the moment so any suggestions?

You know with 20 million you could probably get Igor Akinfeev

cheers I've always liked Akinfeev, aren't there are any hidden brazilian gems out there?

Luis Guilherme, or you could check out Rafael of Santos (not sure how good he turns out, but he played against Barca in the Club World Cup final in real life so can't be that bad)

I think that in most of my saves for some reason Arsenal like to start out by buying Steve Mandanda from Olympique Marseille though.......

Last edited:
Gremio GK Victor is class, costs around 10m
Renan Ribeiro turns out top class
Onur Kivrak - Trabzonspor
David Ospina - Nice
Samir Handanovic - Udinese
Diego Benaglio - Wolfsburg
Steve Mandanda - Marseille

Samir Handanovic, he has all the required attributes of a good goalkeeper (defend). After 3 years you can replace Handanovic with Szczeny. Ter Steegen is a very good talent, but Arseal has already a good young Gk.

Lloris...
With Duncs training this guy becomes the best on the game.

quite a negative perspective, I'm not in my first season so the statue of my club is quite high so I think I can do better. My tactics and defense seem solid I have a 80% win rate. kameni's eccentricity is just too high for me, szczeny just isn't cutting at as no 1 and areloa's too young at the moment so any suggestions?

I didn't mean the club isn't big enough to get more names, I meant that Stegen within about a season becomes one of the best GKs in the game and so does Areola in the future so I can't think of better players to buy. Also, I didn't say your tactic was a bad tactic, I said it may be the reason you're conceding so many goals; if you're all-out attacking all game and generally playing an open style then you're more likely to be hit with conceding a goal or two now and again.

Fair enough :) Ive already agreed to sign mandanana now I just need someone dominate the no 1 spot while areola is developing.

Honestly the chances of it being your keeper is slim, sure they do make the odd mistake but that's not very often, not enough to be blaming them for your defensive record, Szczeny and Kameni are top keepers, it's gonna be your defence being sloppy or quite possibly your tactics.
I have tactics that make me concede quite a few no matter how good my team is but i also score 3x that many and finished on like 120 goals in the league coneding like 40.

Last edited:
David Ospina is a real gem, and he isnt too expensive either! If your looking for someone even younger (not that Ospina is exactly old) the wonderkid that is Laurentiu Branescu - Juventus is a real good keeper, i signed him without knowing that he was a wonderkid and he ended up going 13 games without conceding in my second season!