AdamAfc

Reaction score
In this story I'll be playing as Arsenal with the manager being Lauren Etame-Mayer; The main right back for the Gunners during our invincible era. I have upped Arsenal's budget because after reading a lot into the subject the club's finances are in an amazing state so I thought this would make it a little bit more interesting. Due to work commitments my updates might not be as regular as I would have hoped but I'll try my hardest! Anyway enough of the boring stuff.

View attachment 460057

Return Of An Arsenal Legend:
Today Arsenal have announced that the club manager Arsene Wenger has decided to step down due to personal reasons that could not be avoided. Before Wenger left he helped to appoint his successor; After much discussion the man chosen to take the seat was Lauren Etame-Mayer. The Arsenal chose Lauren to take control of the club after he had earned his coaching badges whilst working for Sevilla in Spain.

The pre-season, transfer, September and October updates will be up tomorrow. (Sorry for the boring layout, the updates will be much better! Thanks)

Do you think you needed to upgrade the finances? I also have an Arsenal story and got ?36million to start with and another ?28million in January?

Do you think you needed to upgrade the finances? I also have an Arsenal story and got ?36million to start with and another ?28million in January?

I understand your point but the money available this summer was huge and although Ozil took out a chunk there was still an estimated figure of around ?70 millionish. So in all honesty I think I put it at a more realistic amount mate

Transfers and Pre-Season

The squad in general is very good apart from maybe two weak areas that need more depth and maybe a higher quality of player. These two positions being the striker and a ball winning midfielder so I set about finding some players to fit the mould and make my squad better.

Transfers In:

Robert Lewandowski-23 Million- A player who has really shown his quality recently and with only a year left on his contract looks like an expensive signing at ?23 million but due to his quality and my need for a striker I thought that this was a risk worth taking.

Eder Balanta-7 Million- One of the only young centre backs who looks worth having and due to being short on numbers at the back he will get a lot of chances this season.

Sven Bender-13 Million- Another signing from Dortmund, Sven will play the BWM role as I believe he had the necessary stats to fill in this position. Originally I wanted to sign Lars Bender or Arturo Vidal but I was priced out of those moves and therefore settled for Sven.

Richairo Zivkovic- 550K- A young striker signed for a small price but due to my youth team strikers not being up to scratch I thought this was a necessary buy. I will look to bring in more younger players, especially strikers later on during the season.

Martin Montoya-5 Million-Transfer listed by Barcelona and with Sagna being 30 and Carl Jenkinson not looking capable at the moment Martin provides great cover and he is still young enough to improve drastically.

Transfers Out:
Nicklas Bendtner-Monaco-5 Million- A good offer for a useless player on high wages.
Chu-Young Park, Serge Gnabry, Carl Jenkinson and other younger players all headed out on loan to gain first team playing time that they wouldn't be able to achieve at The Arsenal

Pre-Season:

Arsenal
3-0Heerenveen
Robert Lewandowski (14)
Theo Walcott (59)
Jack Wilshere (74)

A good win against a decent team, Although it's only Pre-season so only fitness really matters.

Arsenal 1-2 San Lorenzo
Angel Correa (45)
Leandro Navarro (49)
Thomas Vermaelen (81)

Quite embarrassing but its only a friendly and the game was played only 2 days after the match against Heerenveen so we were very tired.

Linfield 0-4 Arsenal
Robert Lewandowski (20)
Lukas Podolski (25)
Laurent Koscielny (41)
Santi Cazorla (55)

Last friendly before the real games and we scored a fair few whilst they only had one shot. All in all not too bad.

We only played three friendlies this summer so now the real work starts.

September

September:

So a new season starts for The Arsenal, This time Lauren will be the man in charge for The Gunners. The new manager said in his first press conference "I believe we can win the league this season if we give consistent performances but the first month of the season will help me to see if I have realistic expectations or not." Arsenal will have to play a two-legged Champions League tie against PSV to decide who gets into the group stage.

Crystal Palace 2-3 Arsenal
Mesut Ozil (33)
Robert Lewandowski (34)
Lukas Podolski (61)

Dwight Gayle (76,90)

Well we were three up but then suffered a worrying collapse, Defensive work is necessary but we got the three points so I can't complain too much.

Champions League Play-Off:
Arsenal 3-0 PSV
Per Mertesacker (16)
Theo Walcott (54)
Jack Wilshere (62)

A great display by the lads that should theoretically put us through to the Group Stages as long as we keep it together when we visit Holland in the return leg.

Arsenal 2-1 Sunderland
Adam Johnson (15)
Mohamed Sissoko
Red Card (18)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (46)
Eder Balanta (80)

Not convincing at all and to be honest if they didn't go down to ten men I highly doubt we would have got the three points. I played a team with a few players rested after the champions league tie as I thought we could easily beat Sunderland; Clearly I underestimated them.

Champions League Play-Off:
PSV 1-2 Arsenal
Tim Matavz (7)
Aaron Ramsey (Pen 43)
Jetro Willems OG (65)

Lucas Romero Red Card (85)

A good win away from home but we were very lucky with the second goal as Willems misdirected a backpass that went straight in. This win means we are through to the Group Stage of the Champions League.

Champions League Group:
Arsenal
PSG
Olympiakos
Celtic

Not the easiest group in the world but I fully expect us to get through this group into the knockout rounds.

Arsenal 2-0 Hull
Robert Lewandowski (32)
Per Mertesacker (55)

A routine win that grabs us another three points against a team that didn't offer much of a threat at all.

Fulham 0-2
Arsenal
Mesut Ozil (13)
Aaron Ramsey (51)

A game that tested us as Fulham are a very good side that are more than capable of putting up a fight. I really feel as if the team is getting into their stride as we become familiar with our formation.

Champions League

Arsenal
3-0 Celtic
Santi Cazorla (52)
Per Mertesacker (86)
Mesut Ozil (90)

A great start to our group with a convincing win at home, my main worry now is PSG.

Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal
Mesut Ozil (Pen 21)

Ashley Westwood (31)
Jores Okore Red Card (44)

Olivier Giroud (87)

We grinded out a win here against a good Villa side, The red card led to gaps being left at the back that Giroud exploited as the game was drawing to a close.

Capital One Cup:

Arsenal 1-0 Norwich (AET)
Olivier Giroud (120)

We didn't play well at all but that man Giroud done it late again and is proving to be a great impact sub.

Arsenal 1-0 Everton
Manuel Fernandes
Red Card (55)
Tomas Rosicky (89)

Again, not convincing but real champions grind out results. Tomas Rosicky pushing Cazorla out of the starting line up repays me by netting a lovely free kick towards the end of the game.

A great month that puts us in strong positions in every competition that we have currently played in, Let's just hope that it carries on.

Great start and quality signings but i suggest using screenshots for results maybe and put a league table up ate the end of the month and could you check my Portsmouth story out please mate |)

Great start and quality signings but i suggest using screenshots for results maybe and put a league table up ate the end of the month and could you check my Portsmouth story out please mate |)

Yep was thinking about adding in some screenshots once I have a bit more time to add them in. Thanks for the positivity and I'll take a look now mate!

use gyazo for screenshots mate, it's twice as fast and better IMO. It will open a web page with the image just right click and save as image.

October

October:

October was a great month with a 100% record! My only concern is a number of injuries we are getting now, luckily they aren't particularly long term. Lauren had a few words to say in a recent press conference whilst also announcing that the club had agreed deals for both Timo Werner and Gabriel Barbosa during the month. These two young strikers were signed to add depth not only to the first team but also the Under 21's and they will both be arriving in January. Walcott, Flamini, Monreal and Gibbs all missed out on some game time this month due to picking up short-term injuries.

Champions League:

PSG 1-2 Arsenal
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (20)
Robert Lewandowski (39)
Olivier Giroud (87)

So pleased with this win! Giroud coming off of the bench to grab it for us yet again. I would have been happy with a draw but this win puts us into a wonderful position.

Arsenal 3-2 Manchester City
Tomas Rosicky (23)
Robert Lewandowski (43)

Sergio Aguero (66)
Lukas Podolski (71)
David Silva (88)

Another great win to boost us especially after the midweek result! We were clinical today and that was the main difference between the two teams.

Arsenal 3-1 Swansea
Mesut Ozil (7)
Robert Lewandowski (17)

Wilfried Bony (82)
Olivier Giroud (88)

A comfortable win, We're scoring a lot recently but I am becoming alarmed by some of our defensive lapses.

Champions League:

Arsenal 3-0 Olympiakos
Robert Lewandowski (15)
Per Mertesacker (32)
Lukas Podolski (Pen 75)

A simple win that means we are in pole position to qualify and hopefully win the group.

Southampton 2-3 Arsenal
Mesut Ozil (36)
Rickie Lambert (46,78)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (66)
Jack Wilshere
Red Card (83)
Lukas Podolski (86)

An important win and I thought we had blown it especially when Wilshere was sent off but luckily Podolski stepped up and netted a very important goal for us.

Capital One Cup:

Tottenham 0-3 Arsenal
Jan Vertonghen OG (3)
Theo Walcott (48)
Santi Cazorla (56)

A weak Tottenham side couldn't stop us progressing into the next round with an easy 3-0 win. Walcott made his return from a head injury and scored a well worked goal.

A great month that saw us win every game although we were very lucky at times. Sadly injuries are cropping up so our 100% record may not stay around for long but this is a chance to show our true qualities.

*JUST REALISED I STARTED THIS SAVE BEFORE I WANTED IT TO BE A STORY SO IT HAS MY PERSONAL NAME AT THE TOP THAT I HAVE SPRAYED OUT! JUST AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY IF ANY OF YOU WONDERED.*
League Table:
View attachment 459603

Champions League Group:

View attachment 459602

Capital One Cup Draw:
View attachment 459601

Thanks for reading everybody and as I say my apologies for not naming the manager correctly, I was in a rush to get the career going! Thanks for reading and please let me know if I could make any improvements.

Set a nickname on yourself and your real name will change mate.

Arsenal starting budget: ?36M
Players in: ?48.5M
Players out: ?5M

Total: -?7.5M

Also that's not including the money taken away for signing fees and agent bonuses. Something just doesn't add up here mate?

Arsenal starting budget: ?36M
Players in: ?48.5M
Players out: ?5M

Total: -?7.5M

Also that's not including the money taken away for signing fees and agent bonuses. Something just doesn't add up here mate?

well if you had read the intro then it would explain it

nice start. are you playing rosicky regularly in PL games? What pos and role? Put up a shot of our formation too.

Will do all these things probably tomorrow guys, Been extremely busy with work so sorry about slow updates, Promise I'll keep this going though!! Thank you for following