gunnerjames

Reaction score
I am playing as Arsenal using the 4-5-1/433 formation. Could I have some advice on how to set up my midfield three please. I have read that if you put the 2 CM on central midfield support it will give you a better balance when it comes to attacking and defending. From reading various threads on midfield control the best option would be to make one of the central midfielders hang back by reducing forwards runs to rarely and reducing the mentality. I am playing with Ramsey, Arteta and Song. My anchor man will be Song. Could the tactical experts help me with getting my midfield balance right. Do you guys think I should change role and duty of the players and if so what should res should I give them

Try...

Anchorman - Defend
Advanced Playmaker - Support ---Deeplying Playmaker - Support​

Seems to give me a good balance between attack and defense

----------------------Anchor Man--------------------
Adv Playmaker(a)----------------Deep Lying Playmaker(S)

Sometimes i go for a flat 3 CM to counter 4-5-1.
BWM(D) AP(a) CM(S/D)

It depends on how you want your team to function...Suppose your front line is being led by a fast creative dribbler like Messi or Aguero ( complete forward - support / I know that they cannot head : ) ) , then it would be better to have this combo behind him - an anchor man DM and 2 CM on attack duty or box to box duty to arrive at the end of his cut backs from the by line... Suppose you are countering, it would be better to have:creativity - from a deep lying forward support and a CM on advance playmaker supportwork rate - from a box to box midfielderhard man - a DM / anchor man.RVP does not have express pace. So he can play as Complete forward support / DLF support / Trequartista. Gervinho as inside forward and Walcott as winger to latch on to through balls from RVP. Relying on just RVP for creativity may backfire. So an advanced play maker support in the form of Arteta will provide another source. Ramsey can be played as a CM attack to provide the goal scoring threat from midfield. Song can be played as DM support. Should work.