alexdesouza

Reaction score
Not too many world-class players with these stats.

The ones that are available at the start for reasonable prices have already sold like Schneiderlin, Yacob, etc. and all command much higher fees/wages now that don't make the deal worth it. Plus I've signed all them before. The only way I'd spend 30m or more is if it's a young star like Pogba or Martinez but they won't come either.

My options so far through scouting/general knowledge is:

- Ander Iturraspe (34m.... I'd do it for 25m not for 34m which is his release)
- Asier Illarranmendi (real won't sell)
- Lucas Leiva (huge fee... 40m'ish... 6.84 for first season)
- Romulo (long injury... hesitant)

My main "random" criteria is they have to be at least 180cm and strong or 188cm and agile.

Any one can recommend someone good that I've overlooked?

Hernanes, Badelj or xhaka may not be exactly your criteria but ive found that they are good for my as deep lying player maker and can play as a cm or box to box

Badelj is a favourite of mine too. Had him too many times unfortunately especially as I played a huge HSV save just prior to this Arsenal save ;)

Xhaka and Hernanes are a little too attacking for me but definitely in the line of players I'm looking at. I don't want wunderkids like Lucas Romero who always get suggested. My ideal two are Iturraspe and Illarranmendi who feel "right" and they would go with my squad. But I don't want to sign Goretzka for example, who's available to me, because even though IRL he's hyped in the game he still seems too young and too underdeveloped.

These are the combinations I use in the midfield-3.

DLP: Areta
CM: Wilshere
AM: Ozil

DLP: Ramsey
CM: Wilshere
AM: Ozil

DLP: Areta
CM: Ramsey
AM: Wilshere

DLP: Arteta
CM: Flamini
AM: Rosicky/Cazorla

So you can see I want to replace Arteta, demote Arteta to Flamini's role (back up) and sign a new first team player who can play DLP (d) most games but in difficult games sometimes I do a little "trick" and use a different type of player in that role and need a defensive player playing in the CM (s) role so still needs good'ish physical stats. Which is why Illarranmendi is my absolute ideal signing with Leiva/Iturraspe a close second. Romulo just doesn't sound fun and have signed him before and haven't been inspired by him, lol. I need a real leader-type.

Pogba would also be ideal. Ha. Wilshere + Pogba in the centre mid would be IMMENSE if I can get rid of the "shoots from distance" somehow. I'm sure there's a way tactically even if they have it as a PPM...

Maybe Marchisio or montolivio would be good idea could get good 3 seasons out of them as leaders in DLP

Marchisio has a PPM that makes DLP (D) difficult (plus I have Ramsey for that which sometimes works against really defensive teams to put a player who goes forward in a defensive position). Montolivio is a good shout. Might look at him in January as a future replacement for Arteta who I'm keeping for another season.

It's such a difficult position to cover because all players are "too attacking"... SI know nothing about football but I guess I can't blame them. It's always been this way and it's caused by fans more than anything. If it was up to fans they'd field 11 strikers... lol.

Anyway! I had a bid for Javi Martinez randomly accepted for 30m + 17m addons.

I know it's a lot but it'll only show 30m so that's kind of better plus his contract isn't unreasonable.

I'll keep looking but he looks like a good bet.

I just won the BPL, UCL and FA Cup in my first season. Really proud of this season because I created the tactic from scratch and have done everything (media, all talks, training, scouting, etc).

The other player I was surprised who got good ratings for me was Koke. I thought he'd be more attacking but he doesn't have any stupid PPM's and suits that role. Unfortunately they want 53m for him haha. Not a chance. If it was Pogba... maybe... just because he reminds me of Vieira because he's tall, fast and skillful but unfortunately has long-shots and they want 100m ;D

View attachment 371382

L.Fer or S N'Zonzi both class deep lying players and both between ?6-10m or look at James McCarthy from Everton

William Carvalho may need work technically but mental and physicals are very good.

Lars Bender can fit this decently, specially after a season or two of training.