Arsenal - No Transfer YouTube Story - Making the most of Youth

OoscotsmanoO

Reaction score
Arsenal - No Transfer Chellenge - Making the most of Youth

View attachment 202609
Hello all and firstly thanks for clicking and showing some interest in the save I’m going to be carrying out.

It’s titled the No Transfer Challenge and it’s quite simple really. How easy can it be to be constantly competitive in the English Premier League? I’m going to compete with Arsenal who happen to be more or less the most established team for Youth Setup and that’s the angle.

I would like to take a minute to explain the reason for getting back into Football Manager Lets plays on YouTube and it’s mainly down to the most influential man I know. My old man. He tragically passed away earlier this year when I turned 25 and I was doing these videos before he passed and I took a 5 month break from YouTube in general so I could regroup and get back when I felt up to it. My old man was my biggest fan and he pushed me to try harder and keep at it so one day I could do the job I love, which is video editing and gaming. It’s as simple as that.

With that being said I hope this is a challenge you fine FM-Base people would be interested in following.
You might have seen my Tactics from Football Manager 2014 which managed nearly 300k views and over 50k downloads in its time so I’ve been around these parts for a while, Didn’t get into Football Manager 15 at all due to reasons above.

Season 1 Review

When starting the save I decided to hit up the editor and remove all Injuries, bans and loans to give me a fresh slate when I began building my starting 11 and loaning out the players to clubs I could chose myself. This would guarantee them some actual game time.

View attachment 202608 View attachment 202606
The first season went by without a hitch which was quite funny, All of the youth players with any potential have been loaned out and managed to get some fairly substantial game time with their loan clubs which is what I intended.
We took the fight for the Community Shield and managed to get the first trophy of the season under our belts. Danny Welbeck came into the squad as quickly as possible following a shocking run on games from Giroud who was quite frankly. PANTS !!

The first sign that things were going strong was when our champions league group was bombarded with Lyon, Wolfsburg and Barcelona. Not going to lie, I cried for a while. We managed to overcome this shocking group with only one loss to Wolfsburg and we actually managed to beat Barcelona twice and subsequently had them finish 3rd​ which was great news.

Onwards to the Knockout stage in our first round we got given the easy task of disposing Valencia which we did and then got given our fellow English Counterpart MAN CITY. We had two epic games together and went through in the end after a stunning Petr Cech Display in the 2nd​ leg. I actually made a video about it and I will leave a link to the live action at the end of the review.

Semi-final dawned on us and were given Real Madrid which to my surprise were brushed aside as Danny Welbeck continued his fine form. After two legs here the dream was nearly there of winning the Champions league which I’ve not achieved since FM 2014. We were Drawn against non-other than the Old Lady – JUVENTUS where we were Left stunned with a 1-0 defeat and our hopes and dreams were dashed.

View attachment 202602

The FA cup however was a another trophy under our belt with some fine displays including a 4-2 thrashing of Southampton in the Semi-Final, The Final would see my lads take a trip to SPURS… A north London derby match. Could not get any more special than this. I made a small video of the previous games which is scheduled to come out some time next week. So if you have been following the save on YouTube and have been watching the videos you will be able to check that out too. The Final let’s just say was a Red Wash as we seen our side Thump Spurs and gave us the achievement of a 3rd​ FA cup in 3 seasons.
View attachment 202601

The league form this season was something special, Danny broke the goals scored record for Arsenal with 40 Goals in all competitions beating Henrys 39 and we went on 20 game unbeaten run with the lads and gave us the best opportunity to win the league which in the end we managed in comfortable form might I add.
Defense was solid and we kept the cleanest sheets too.

So in all the season was a special season and one to build on for season two. No transfers in, I will be back for season 2 review when its complete and the videos will be out every other day on my YouTube channel if you want a different experience for the story.
Thanks for reading.

If you want to see these videos you can watch them here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkERjq3S9owmrgMurAxD3qSY3T-UgqZtR

Last edited:
Season 2 has Kicked off and the review will be completed when I've finished the season. Got loads of Videos planned for it and i also have a Watford save going on to :)