Arsenal,season 2012-2013

Luxusmonk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First off I am Gooner,and wanted not only to manage Arsenal but also try to keep the club playing and behaving like Arsene's club.
So I have used the Dial Square tactic as a foundation and obviously adapted it to the teams we play,but also to who is available for that game.
I have a few remarks but before I even get started Arsene Wenger had it right; Arsenal as time goes dominates the premiership because of very very good finances and investing in youth.
I followed in Wenger's steps and only brought in players if needed,or because I couldn't promote from within my reserve or under 18 squad.It's better to reward players I have than bring in new blood, and foreigners are much cheaper.

I have enjoyed great success and won the premiership every season,went to the Champions League final every season and won twice;I have won the league cup but did very poorly in the FA cup; only got the 5th round once;
In my next post I am going to go over the staff politics and then break down season by season in and outs.....I have a few questions to ask everybody but it'll wait :)

will be interested to read mate...looking forward to it

Story? Better layout and it could be interesting, needs moving

OK then :)
First season:
It's the only season where I used up most of my transfer funds,and even had to adjust my wage structure a little bit.
I started off with buying Ochoa and a lot of younger players: Marco Verrati,Lorenzo Crisetig,James Rodriguez,Yaya Sanogo,Alphonse Areola; I also spent a lot of time looking at under 19 national teams scouting their younger players and/or those with unprotected contracts.
I also paid a lot of attention to my scouting reports,and tried to bring the young players with the best potential and rating.....lots of players came in and a couple of them are already fantastic players ( Wellington Silva, and Rafael Lopez Lopez,a 19 yo DL playing already at the same level than Clichy )
As far as my team selection went,I kept playing whoever was doing best....and would rotate as needed ( fatigue and suspensions ); Arshavin,Van Persie and Eboue were immense for me....Bendtner and Ramsey showed they were about ready to perform....Eduardo barely played since Van persie stayed healthy ( I know !!! )...great first season overall,won everything but the FA cup ( dumped in the 3rd round :( )
Training was huge for me....I made sure I tried to keep each category at least at four starts if not higher,and kept an eye on available coaches....

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Story? Better layout and it could be interesting, needs moving
Well it's not really a story,I am more interested in how the team and the EPL have changed than telling you how I got hired in the first place :p

just wondering where can i find this rafael lopez?

Hey he is a regen; one of my scouts found him in Spain
By the way it looks like there is a huge amount of great regens from Spain and Italy....most of my under 18 are from there
Forgot to add about the first season : Took Gago on loan,bought Serge Aurier and Danny Wilson from Rangers as well....

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Quick summary of season 2 to 4:
In each of those seasons I let the team mature; I brought in a couple of players the 2nd season to replace Gallas and get a back up for Sagna: Got Christopher Samba and Azpilicueta; Third season brought in Sandro ( DMC from Internacional ) and fourth season brought in Mehmut Ozil;
I also let got of a few of the players from season one : Campbell and Gallas left early; then I let go of most of the reserve players plus Vela ( didn't develop well in my game ), Gibbs because of Rafael Lopez Lopez,Traore, then Eduardo and Rosicky; in my fourth season I am still in course in all competitions; I am one point behind Man City but with FOUR game in hand,so I am not too worried.There are about 12 games left and need 24 points to make sure we win an other time

Last edited: