Nairmb

Reaction score
I am going into my second season with Arsenal. I won the Premier League my first year, but naturally I am still trying to improve the team for the future. My main line up last year was as follows in a 4-2-3-1
-------------Szcz------------
-Sagna--Merte-Verm-Monreal
------------------------------
------Wilshere-Ramsey-----
-Walcott----Cazorla----Ox--
------------Jovetic-----------
I have not sold any players, so Arshavin, Rosicky, Mertesacker, Gervinho, Poldolski, Arteta, Diaby, Gibbs, Giroud all got decent playing time through rotation. Diaby had a 7.5 rating and started until Wilshere came back and then split time almost 50/50 with Ramsey.

I have a few transfer targets in mind, but I wanted to get the FM-base opinion on what good moves would be/
Radja Nianggolan from Cagliari is transfer listed for £9.5m and PSG, Liverpool, and United have all had bids excepted. I was thinking of buying him to play next to Wilshere as a more destroyer type midfielder than Ramsey, but I am concerned about stunting Ramsey's growth if he doesn't get as much game time. Mario Götze is also transfer listed and I am naturally just interested because he's one of the best attacking midfielders in the game. He would start on the left (or maybe Cazorla). I would then have to bump Chamberlain from the starting line up or push him to the right wing and bump (and probably sell) Walcott, since he won't be happy on the bench and I could get 30m for him most likely. I am also tempted to go for Kurt Zouma or another young CB and letting Djourou (coming back form loan with Hannover) go. Mertesacker and Koscielny both did really well last year, 7.4-7.5 rating.

Hopefully this wasn't an information overload. I'd appreciate any advice.

I also am trying to offload Chamakh, Bendtner, Park, and Denilson, but am having trouble getting anyone to offer a full transfer instead of a loan. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Last edited:
I have that problem all of the time. It really does suck.

I don't get it.. what advice do you need again? Looks like you have a plan, good squad etc..
A couple of quality players and you're set. If you can get Gotze for anything under 50mill, go for it. You really will never look back :p
Naingollan would add another dimension to your midfield, allowing Wilshere to go forward and express himself more, knowing Radja will deal with the defensive side. I would rotate Ramsey with Wilshere and Cazorla. Play Wilshere in Cazorla's AMC role a bit too. The good thing with Arsenal is they are very versatile so you already have good overall depth. You just need a couple of really, quality players and Mario Gotze definitely fits that bill, and you've already bought a quality striker in Jovetic so you should be set really :)

I guess my main advice that I needed was whether Niangollan was worth it (or even necessary) and if he would stunt Ramsey's development. Also, should I sell Walcott so that Gotze has a starting spot?

I guess my main advice that I needed was whether Niangollan was worth it (or even necessary) and if he would stunt Ramsey's development. Also, should I sell Walcott so that Gotze has a starting spot?

Yes and yes

Why did you sell giroud, he scored for me OVER 50 goals in his first season! Great player!

Get Fellaini, loan Ramsey out. Simples :)

Oh, and try offering your players out with most of the fee being on 48 month deals. This money won't get put into your transfer budget, but you can then use that money to make 48 month offers of your own.

He's amazing in the air and very clinical, try to get him a lot of crosses, that's how i got him to score

Why did you sell giroud, he scored for me OVER 50 goals in his first season! Great player!

I did not sell Giroud. I am trying to sell all of my other strikers (Bendtner, Park, Chamakh) so I can keep Giroud as my back up to Jovetic.