FMxProxLFC

Reaction score
I have just finished season 1 with Arsenal.

It was going very well until i got knocked out of fa cup and the Champs Quarter finals by Chelsea and started dropping down the league due to lack of confidence and goal scoring threat and i ended up finishing 5th just behind Liverpool who were two points above me in 4th.

I was not happy where i finished at all as i believe with my current squad they are more than capable of winning the league.

My players atm are:

GK: Szczensey, Martinez

RB: Jenkinson, Zuniga

CB: Vermaelen, Koscienly, Mertesacker

LB: Blind, Gibbs, Armero ( Blind can play anywhere along back line very versatile.)

CM/CDM: Cambiasso, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby, Barkley

CAM: Rosicky, Ozil

RW: Oxade, Walcott, Cuadardo

LW: Podolski

ST: Mario Mandzukic, Jackson Martinez, Eduardo Vargas, Joel Campbell

I feel that with that squad it should be atleast challenging for title do you agree, or is it just me?

But i think the main reason why i struggled so much towards end of season was due to goals by my front men.

Mandzukic - 9 goals 13 games ------------- Bought in January so i suppose hes done alright
Vargas - 0 goals 6 games ---------------- Even thou he didnt play much its because he didnt impress on the games he played.
Martinez - 12 goals 31 games ------- Should be doing alot more than that since i stuck with him really
Campbell - 1 goal 6 games ----------------- Not to bothered about him as he is a youngster

So this season im looking to get into top 3 at minimum and win a trophy.

Any key suggestions of how i could improve my squad would be grateful.

Have £37.4 million transfer budget and £130,000 wages but may sell a few players who under performed if right offers come in.

Formations i play are

Gk
RB CB CB LB
CDM
CM CM
RW LW
ST

GK
RB CB CB LB
CM CM CM
RW LW
ST

And 541

GK
RWB CB CB CB LWB
CDM
CM CM
CAM
ST

Thanks in advance :)

I would say reinforce you CBs and wings. With those strikers you would do well to have two comptetent wingers on each side.

Yeah you are short on CBs - buy STEFANO DENSWIL and DORIA.

And as for wingers, a good LW who needs a season of tutoring and training before he starts flying is SAVITSKYI

At CB, look at Stefan Strandberg, he's Norwegian and at Yeovil I bought him for 400k and he kept Doria and Howedes out of the team for 3/4 BPL winning seasons, got a 4.5 coach rating from 5 star coaches also!

View attachment 368494

This is my formation and players in my second season at Arsenal.
Ginter does a job for me at CB, guy is comfortable on the ball and seems to read the game well. Hope you still have Gnabry, lad has been improving a ton for me.
Your RB and LB look pretty ropey to me tbh, but that's because i am pretty particular about making sure all my players in defence are primarily defensive first.
Personally i would think about buying Danilo, Peruzzi or Van Rhijn at RB and Ben Davies always did a job for me at LB

CBS - Look at Doria, Balanta, Mangala, Ginter, or Nkoulou. - Best CB shortlist.

RB - Corchia always turns out great for me every year.

LB - Alex Sandro

DM - Check out Kondogbia. Turns out great. Also, Diego Reyes, and ofc Lars Bender are great.

I'd be able to help more on the Mids and Attackers if I knew the formation/tactics at the very least. Please quote more if you prove this later on and I'll help further!

You already have too many players in my opinion.

I'm currently playing an Arsenal save. These are screen shots from my first season ;)

If anything - don't buy OR sell. Or if you must just get one player and sell two to restore balance for next season and you'll still be in a shot to win. Just make sure it's the right one based on who you sell. Most importantly though you should keep your squad and learn to build a first 11 before buying 3-4 people that are good in one position. Too many generally in a first 11 context and no one will develop or get into a rhythm. Sure some people on the forums get away with it. But if you want to be sure of your success there's little rules and not buying too many players within a short amount of time is one of them.

Season: 2013-14

View attachment 367986 View attachment 367985 View attachment 367987

I'm using the LFC Marshall update.

Your squad is too **** for my liking if I'm being honest (6)

Focus on your youth. I'm in my 3rd season and already Zelalem, Bellerin, Crowley and Gnabry all are itching for first team action. In fact I'm finding it harder and harder to fit Ozil into the teams and if he does he's usually shunted out to the left or right. That's kind of what I meant by my first point that you have too many players...