Arsenal, Start of second season!?

Sam.

Reaction score
Just starting my second season, and I would like some advice on who you think I should try and get rid of, and who you think I should try and buy to improve my squad..

Info: Playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with 2 Inside Forwards, Advanced Playmaker and Deep Lying Playmaker.
Budget: £40 Million

View attachment 224292

A class keeper in his peak, and a class cb in his peak. get a another player like arteta and ramsey who can ping the ball around.

I'd buy:
Rene Adler - £17m release clause.
Willain - £8-11m
Otamendi - £12m release clause

I'd sell Mertesacker and Gibbs/Santos. If you sell Gibbs i'd add a buy-back clause.

Sell Santos & Gibbs. Maybe Mertesacker too as he's slow as ****. You could get Vrsaljko and train him to play on the left so that he can be backup to Sagna & Cissokho.
Stephane Mbia is a good centerback at his peak.
If you wanna gamble you could get Hamsik for around 35m. Great allround attacking midfield stats.

My advice: DON'T PLAY A DEEP LYING PLAYMAKER WITH A ADVANCED PLAYMAKER. The DLP is much better in a direct passing game and the AP is better in (I asume you're playing this) a short passing game.

Change the DLP in a box-to-box midfielder or a ballwinning midfielder.

You're playing this?

----------------RVP (DLF)
Gervinho (IF)-----------------Walcott (IF)
-------Arteta (DLP)--Wilshere (AP)
--------------Song (Anchor)
Cissokho--Vermaelen--Mertesacker--Sagna
----------------Szczesny

Like I already mentioned you'd better change that DLP to a box-to-box or a ballwinner (don't think this will be less attacking) . Maybe Nainggolan? Also, move the AP to AMC (the MC and the DMC should stand where they are, but play one a bit more to the left and the other one a bit more to the right).

You could also try to put both RVP and Cavani in your tactic. But staying at a 4-2-3-1 is maybe better for the players at your deposal. Furthermore you should find another defender than Mertesacker (can't think at the moment of a replacement, but there are plenty of better CB's).

Get a replacement for Gervinho, at my saves he doesn't perform. Willian, Douglas Costa, Reus, etc. are all good replacements. (Hazard and Götze would be awesome). Maybe Hulk? Then you play him as AMR (IF) and Walcott as a AML (IF).

1) Sell Almunia buy Ter Stegen/Bernd Leno/Steve Mandanda/Igor Akinfeev/Kameni even! need a Quality keeper Sam!
2) Sell Mertesacker/Djourou and buy: Davide Astori/Jan Vertonghen/Neuton/Benatia/Sakho/Subotic/Hummels/Reinartz
3) Sell Santos/Gibbs buy: Leighton Baines/Balzaretti/Christian Ansaldi/Domenico Cristico/Natxo Monreal etc
4) Bring in a great midfielder! Javi Martinez/Fellaini/Sissoko/Yann M'Vila etc
5) Sell Chu-Young: bring in Tevez!

1) Sell Almunia buy Ter Stegen/Bernd Leno/Steve Mandanda/Igor Akinfeev/Kameni even! need a Quality keeper Sam!
2) Sell Mertesacker/Djourou and buy: Davide Astori/Jan Vertonghen/Neuton/Benatia/Sakho/Subotic/Hummels/Reinartz
3) Sell Santos/Gibbs buy: Leighton Baines/Balzaretti/Christian Ansaldi/Domenico Cristico/Natxo Monreal etc
4) Bring in a great midfielder! Javi Martinez/Fellaini/Sissoko/Yann M'Vila etc
5) Sell Chu-Young: bring in Tevez!

Thanks for your reply mate!
1) I'm looking at Ter Stegan but they're wanting £18.5 million for him, any as good and cheaper?
2) I got Vertonghen for £8 Million I think, not sure without loading FM up, but i'll confirm that later on!
3) Santos has gone out on loan to Napoli with a future fee agreed.
4) I've brought Eriksen
5) I'm looking to offload Chu-Young, but City want quite a lot for Tevez?

1) Adler, Volkan Demirel
2) good player
3) good
4) nice, not a proper Cm but good player
5) how much, you can get him for around £11m normally

i got cavani,adre ayew n gregory wander viel(he cn ply both left n rite)
i sold almunia,gibbs,mertersacker, park

i play 4-2-4

rvp - chamakh

arshavin/ayew gervinho/walcot(use as st if u realise ur opponent df is slow)

song - arteta/ramsey

vermalean/santos - koscielny - djorou - sagna/van der wiel

i play early cross as chamakh cn head in goals 12 headers opening 8 matches not bad bt later time u hv to use smthing else as tactic too

if any suggest do leave 1

stick by ramsey and wilshere in CM they botth turn into beasts. train wilshere to play CM and play him there and will be his natural position within a year. also edinson cavani is amazing.over each season he scored 49, 47, 39(a few injurys), 49 and 21 in 15 so far this year.

szczesny
sagna mertesacker vermaelen cissokho

ramsey/arteta/wilshere/song(2 of the 4)

gervinho willian
cavani van persie

play all in natural roles

also buy versaljko as back-up RB

buying them 3 leaves u with about 5 mill left with a few monthly installments.

sell arshavin, rosicky, diaby, park/chamakh(keep one and vela), santos.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/468610298939964974/36584B2ACEC33B435E1BE10E5FD5C1CFC724CA6E/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/468610298939929354/04FD5F1C874B5FED12DE85F6546315AB118773DA/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/468610298939937879/1FA9437715CDD1339B1E0B09DCAC93FB7AB5070B/