ozey

Reaction score
hello. just wondered what tactic people are using for arsenal? more the formation really. i like the 4-1-2-2-1 formation, which seems to be the default formation for arsenal on the beta. but then i dont like the idea of ozil on the wings,think hes better in the number 10 role behind the striker. i had great success with him in 14 but times change!

With Arsenal's players, you could honestly play anything. Considering the beta has dubious defensive AI, I'd recommend three at the back and whatever you fancy ahead of them as right now it's all about scoring more than the opposition. Mark and close down the opposition Full-backs, as a lot of the opposition moves start with them. Do whatever you can to maximise your team's possession, but with a 3-5-2, 3-4-3, or 3-6-1, I'd play very fast. Have your D-Line play narrower, as currently the defenders in any formation tend to spread themselves too wide. I play an assymetric 3-2-2-1-2 with serious closing down, and I'm annihilating teams now that my tactic familiarity is high. You may concede a goal or two in a game, but if you've bagged six yourself, it hardly matters.

4231 or 41221 are probably the best two for Arsenal. Although I'll be experimenting with 442 diamond narrow and a 433 false nine.

I haven't played many games on the beta, but my 4231 does okay so far:

Just note: The loss to Vitesse was without any instructions and the draw to Rennes was with a rotated side (pre season fitness after all). But I did get a decent result vs Roma. I was 2-0 down vs Porto until I change opponent instructions to mark their striker as he was destroying me. This is no master piece tactic, I haven't spent too long playing around with it, since the game is only in beta. But it does a decent job so far. Man City game will probably see if it's good or bad.

84yBnG4.png

AsBEjSR.png

STEdfeS.png

Edit: you can however ignore Kongolo in defence. Koscielny and Mertesacker are the best two.

Last edited:
Alright Ozey, just started a save with Arsenal (of course) Wondered if you'd nailed a good set of tactics yet? Ive had a little play around to no joy as yet :-(