kingsleyftw

Reaction score
I know Arsenal are a big team and alot of people may see this as an easy game, but i'm not the greatest FMer and I wanted to see how I could do with the youth of Arsenal.

30th June 2009 - Press Conference, Emirates.

What most people thought would be a press conference to discuss plans for the new season, turned out to be Arsene Wenger's curtain call. In a shock move, Arsene Wenger announced his shock decision to leave Arsenal. He said he is proud to be Arsenal's longest serving manager, but feels his failure to bring silverware to the Emirates for many seasons forced him to move on.

In a shock move, Arsenal have offered the managers role to a relatively unknown Kingsley Moore, after a brief spell at Leeds United.

The new manager has promised to continue Arsene Wenger's tradition of sticking with youth, and has also vowed to bring silverware to this great club.

Transfers

In:
Stevan Jovetic (Fiorentina) - £14m, Sotiris Ninis (Panathinaikos) - £3.1m, Sébastien Corchia (Le Mans UC 72) - £5m

Out: Armand Traoré (Sheffield Utd) - Loan, Mark Randall (Crystal Palace) - Loan, Nicklas Bendtner (Sunderland) - £6m, Nacer Barazite (Peterborough) - Loan

Last edited:
Good luck. This shouldn't be too tough for you.

Arsenal have just announced the signing of 19 year old Spanish defensive midfielder Ignacio Camacho from Atletico Madrid. The fee has not been confirmed, but is rumoured to be around £5.5m.

Kingsley Moore said of the transfer, "Camacho gives us a great option just behind the midfield. He is great at protecting the defence, gaining possession, and finding brilliant passes to the midfield and strikers."

Arsenal favourite Dennis Bergkamp has praised the capture of a promising youngster, and expects him to challenge Alex Song for the starting role right away.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Next up: Blackburn (13th) vs Arsenal (12th)

Starting line-ups:

Arsenal:

Almunia
Sagna, Silvestre, Vermaelen, Clichy
Camacho
Fabregas, Diaby
Arshavin, Van Persie, Jovetic

Subs: Mannone, Gibbs, Eboue, Ramsey, Song, Vela, Eduardo

Blackburn:

Robinson
Emerson, Samba, Kizanishvili, Givet
Diouf, N'Zonzi, Reid, Pederson
Andrews
Kalinic

Subs:
Brown, Doran, Howarth, McCarthy, Salgado, Hoilett, Potts

Blackburn 1 - 0 Arsenal

A very poor game all round. Vermaelen gave the ball away to Emerson in the 2nd minute, who set up Kalinic for his first Blackburn goal. An uneventful first half, which carried on in the second. Vermaelen had a chance to attone for his mistake as a corner came in, which he headed just over. Ramsey had two chances to score, but shot both at the keeper.

A dissapointing result, and alot to work on. My tactics don't seem to be working in the Premier League like they are in the Champions League.

Why does Arshavin suck so much on fm10?

i dont think arshavin sucks on fm10, he was amazing on the demo, vermaelen could be better though, good luck with rest of season

Arsenal 4 - 0 Stoke

About time! This was a one man show, with Van Persie bagging a sensational 4 goals and a 9.6 rating. Jovetic and Diaby both had good games with 7.9 ratings, and Camacho is settling in well with a 7.3 rating.

This result put me in 10th place, with the next match at home against a tough Aston Villa who sit in 8th place. Then it's a trip to Bulgaria to play Levski in the Champions League. My group consists of Atletico Madrid, Levski and Rangers (Which i'm relishing being a Celtic fan!)

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Arsenal 1 - 1 Aston Villa

A dissapointing result, we dominated the early exchanges, then a long ball released a suspiciously offside looking Agbonlahor who placed it in the net. There were a few chances that we should have put away, until Arshavin scored the equaliser in the 91st minute. Hopefully we can continue our good form in the Champions League with an away win.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Arsenal 1 - 1 Aston Villa

A dissapointing result, we dominated the early exchanges, then a long ball released a suspiciously offside looking Agbonlahor who placed it in the net. There were a few chances that we should have put away, until Arshavin scored the equaliser in the 91st minute. Hopefully we can continue our good form in the Champions League with an away win.

I would suggest posting monthly summaries rather than after every game, read the story guide that is stickied in this board.

I would suggest posting monthly summaries rather than after every game, read the story guide that is stickied in this board.

OK sorry. I just like posting when the memory of the game is still fresh. I can do monthly summaries if it's preferred.

Any requests of things you want me to post about my team etc?

Good signing in camacho! I had him on 09 and he turns out amazing!

what setting have you got van persie on? good luck with arsenal

-------

Last edited:
nice deal in camacho

monthly sumarises would be better in my opinion

Good luck.
I'm following as I'm doing Arsenal as well =]

Any tips on a tactic for arsenal with no signings??

big team but hard to mange one tip the defence needs inproveing and a ball winner

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Any tips on a tactic for arsenal with no signings??

jp woody clought tactic

good luck and btw arshavin is a MAGICIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!