AdamAfc

Reaction score
In this story I will be managing Arsenal with a few differences to normal. First of all I have increased my budgets to coincide with reports of Wenger having a lot to spend this summer. I will also be playing as Giovanni Van Bronckhorst. The updates for this story may not be as regular as some of the others you see on the site but hopefully I can really get into this:D

Wenger Leaves-Time For Change
Big news in the football world as Arsene Wenger leaves Arsenal after a very successful reign at the club. He said he would like to thank the fans for their support and as a token of respect for the great man the Arsenal board have asked him who he believes should be his replacement.
1487483_w2.jpg

New Arsenal Manager Announced
Arsenal have announced that ex gunner Giovanni Van Bronckhorst will take over in the aftermath of Wenger's departure. There are unconfirmed reports of his transfer budget but i'm sure we will see a lot of change for the Gunners.

Should start playing soon and will update when I can
:D

Sorry everyone had some problems with the game so couldn't play. Its all sorted now so updates will start shortly.

Pre-Season/Summer Signings

Only one pre-season game as I believe they are a waste of time so I cancelled the others.

Saint-Ettiene
1-3Arsenal
Mertesacker
Wilshere
Gervinho
Tack

I expected a win and that's what I got. Good performance.

Summer Transfers

Transfers In:

Maximilian Meyer-1.8 Million-Young German playmaker I signed for the future.
Neal Maupay-1.3 Million-French 15 year old who looks to have bags of potential.
Stevan Jovetic-17.5 Million-A very good striker who can link up play as well as score goals, has age on his side too.
Gino Peruzzi-6.25 Million- Will be backup to Sagna whilst Jenkinson goes out on loan, has very good attributes for his age.
Radja Nainggolan-14 Million- Good ball-winning midfielder that the team needed, still relatively young so will be in the squad for a long time if things go well.
Kurt Zouma-16.5 Million- Wasn't going to sign him at first but put in an enquiry and was quoted 16.5 Million which I had to take for obvious reasons.
Carlos Fierro-5 Million- I'm sure a lot of people know about him but decided to sign him. He went straight out on loan to my new feeder club Lokomotiv Moscow.
Juan Kaprof-750K- One for the future, only had to pay a compensation fee. He will be in the reserves this season.
Tristan Berghuis-500K- Young playmaker who will be in the reserves for this season.
Victor Andrade-900K- Another youngster. Very highly doubt he will make it but should be able to profit from him.
Zakaria Bakkali-600K- Recruited from PSV like Berghuis, a youngster who will probably be sold on for profit.

Transfers Out
Sebastian Squillaci- 1.4 Million- Fulham- Not good enough and done well to even get that for him.
Andrey Arshavin-4.9 Million- CSKA Moscow- Past it and on very high wages so he had to go.
Sanchez Watt- 750K- Blackpool- Not got much room to improve and just wanted him to go.

Many youngsters left on loan to gain some experience.

Overall the transfers made will suit the club and hopefully help lead us to some sort of success. By the end of this I want Giovanni Van Bronckhorst to be one of the world's most successful managers:D

Just so people know I will be using Raikan's Borussia Dortmund tactic as I want my team to be hard-working as well as clinical so a big thankyou to Raikan for releasing it:)

Next update will include my first few matches although i'm not sure when that will be, Thanks for reading.

Good luck.

Just a note, if you haven't already loaned Jenkinson then let me tell you he won't go out on loan. He's been playing in the first team last season in real life, and while Sagna's out injured I assume you will be rotating him with Peruzzi; I highly doubt you'll be able to loan him out. Plus I've had a lot of trouble getting Jovetic to play to his maximum ability. But again, all the best, I will be checking this story every so often.

Also, I signed Nainggolan and Matuidi at the same time and sold on Diaby, Nainggolan very rarely plays above average and Matuidi, although his attributes aren't that high, consistently plays well.

Good luck.

Just a note, if you haven't already loaned Jenkinson then let me tell you he won't go out on loan. He's been playing in the first team last season in real life, and while Sagna's out injured I assume you will be rotating him with Peruzzi; I highly doubt you'll be able to loan him out. Plus I've had a lot of trouble getting Jovetic to play to his maximum ability. But again, all the best, I will be checking this story every so often.

Also, I signed Nainggolan and Matuidi at the same time and sold on Diaby, Nainggolan very rarely plays above average and Matuidi, although his attributes aren't that high, consistently plays well.

Thanks for that mate, i'm currently in October and hope to be updating soon. Jenkinson has accepted a loan to Bolton but its only for 3 months. Also without tempting fate Jovetic and Nainggolan have been two of my best players as you will see in the updates! Thanks for giving me your opinion and I hope you keep following this story:)

Thanks for that mate, i'm currently in October and hope to be updating soon. Jenkinson has accepted a loan to Bolton but its only for 3 months. Also without tempting fate Jovetic and Nainggolan have been two of my best players as you will see in the updates! Thanks for giving me your opinion and I hope you keep following this story:)

The I shall retract my comment lol. Keep it up.

August/September Results

August
Hopefully we start the season well as I believe it will be key to our final position.

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal
Lukas Podolski
Bacary Sagna

Luis Suarez
Radja Nainggolan sent off
A nice win against a rival, although Liverpool played pretty badly they still grabbed a goal. Nainggolan getting a red card on his debut isn't ideal but before he got sent off he was playing very well.

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
Lukas Podolski
Stevan Jovetic
Thomas Vermaelen sent off
Very pleased with this result mainly due to the defensive performance. Both goals came very late as did Vermaelen's red card.

Two wins out of two against our rivals, a good way to start the season which lead to me becoming Manager Of The Month.
In our Champions League group we will play:
Celtic
Anderlecht
Olympiakos

September:

Sunderland 0-0
Arsenal
Absolutely terrible if i'm honest, didn't look like scoring but 7 out of 9 points is very good and we hope to be able to carry this on.

Arsenal 2-1 Man City
Jovetic
Tevez
Wilshere
Very pleased with this win against last season's champions. Wilshere played wonderfully and looks to be one of my first names on the teamsheet.

UEFA Champions League
Celtic 0-3 Arsenal
Olivier Giroud
Thomas Vermaelen
Stevan Jovetic
A comfortable win away from home to start our champions league campaign off.

Arsenal
3-0 Swansea
Jack Wilshere
Stevan Jovetic (2)
Comfortable win to keep our great form going, very pleased with Jovetic's contribution.

Capital One Cup
Watford 0-2 Arsenal
Mikel Arteta
Tomas Rosicky
Two of the clubs older players pulling us through in a game where I rested many players.

West Brom 0-3 Arsenal
Theo Walcott
Stevan Jovetic
Lukas Podolski
Personally thought this would be a lot harder but a win is always welcome to keep our form going.

This month I came 3rd in The Manager Of The Month whilst Jack Wilshere came 1st in The Player Of The Month and Carl Jenkinson was sent on loan to Bolton wanderers for 3 months so that he gets regular football.

October

October:
A good month which helps us push ourselves towards silverware.

UEFA Champions League
Arsenal 2-1 Anderlecht
Santi Cazorla
Stevan Jovetic

Dieumerci Mbokani
One step closer to progressing into the knockout rounds.

Southampton 3-3 Arsenal
Lukas Podolski
Per Mertesacker

Jason Puncheon
Stevan Jovetic
Jay Rodriguez
Steven Davis
2-0 up and then 3-1 up but we couldn't hang on against the bottom side. Not good enough especially with our rivals winning.

Reading 1-4 Arsenal
Stevan Jovetic
Radja Nainggolan
Jimmy Kebe
Per Mertesacker
Olivier Giroud
Naxto Monreal sent off
A very convincing win to get us back on track.

UEFA Champions League
Arsenal 4-1 Olympiakos
Lukas Podolski
Per Mertesacker
Santi Cazorla

Kostas Mitroglou
Kieran Gibbs
Another win in Europe although Bacary Sagna picked up an ankle injury which will keep him out for a while.

Arsenal
1-1Stoke City
Lukas Podolski
Kenwyne Jones
We're leaking too many goals to be true competitors, something must change.

Capital One Cup 4th Round
Arsenal 3-0 Blackburn
Olivier Giroud
Thomas Vermaelen
Gervinho
Through to the next round where we will face Everton.

A good month although i'm disappointed we drew with both Southampton and Stoke but with Tottenham kicking off our November fixtures we will see how competitive we can be this season.

Per Mertesacker's performances were rewarded with him scooping The Player Of The Month Award for October with an average rating of 8.60 so far!

Just in case anybody is following this I currently have exams so updates will be coming when i'm done with them, Thanks.

Just wondering how could Sagna can play in August :p Whatever, could you please tell me which tactics you used from starting?

Just wondering how could Sagna can play in August :p Whatever, could you please tell me which tactics you used from starting?

I took out the injuries to make it a bit more realistic to the current team mate! haha and it's Raikan's Borussia Dortmund one, works extremely well

November Results

November:
100% record this month even though we're conceding more than we should be, but Per Mertesacker has been outstanding.

Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham
Laurent Koscielny
Lukas Podolski
Scott Parker sent off
This Tottenham team have been smashing teams to pieces but they couldn't overcome the Arsenal.

UEFA Champions League
Olympiakos 1-2 Arsenal
Santi Cazorla
Per Mertesacker
David Fuster
This win puts us through but we need one more win to come top of our group.

Everton 1-2 Arsenal
Per Mertesacker (2)
Peter Odemwingie
Mertesacker is not only a great defender but he is also the biggest threat from set pieces i've ever seen on Football Manager.

Arsenal 2-0 Fulham
Lukas Podolski
Jack Wilshere
Comfortable home win which can only be seen as good news.

UEFA Champions League
Arsenal 5-3 Celtic
Tony Watt (2)
Wilson OG
Per Mertesacker (2)

Jack Wilshere
Scott Brown
Stevan Jovetic
Well we've now claimed first spot in our group and we made sure the fans got their money's worth! Celtic performed well but this result means they cannot finish in the top 2 of the group. Couple of defensive problems here on our behalf but as long as we win I can't be unhappy.

Arsenal 2-1 Manchester United
Per Mertesacker
Javier Hernandez
Stevan Jovetic
Lukas Podolski Missed Penalty
Knew we had to win this and we managed to hold on even though Podolski decided that a 3-1 win wouldn't be interesting enough for everyone.

Capital One Cup Quarter Final
Arsenal 4-1 Everton
Olivier Giroud (2)
Thomas Vermaelen

Steven Pienaar
Aaron Ramsey
We're through to the semi-finals and that is November completed. I had a completely different starting lineup from that which defeated Manchester United but we gave an injury-ravaged Everton side no chance.

Per Mertesacker is unsurprisingly player of the month for me although he only came second behind Eden Hazard of Chelsea in the official rankings and has a record of 9 goals and 2 assists in 17 games! Let's hope he keeps on terrorising the opposition from set pieces. Jack Wilshere came second in the Young Player of the Month and I claimed Manager of the Month!

Would like to know if people are still following this because I am aware that the updates are slow but as I said from the start I just want to enjoy myself and play when I feel like it! Thanks to everybody who is reading.

Wow Mertesacker on fire! sadly he aint that deadly IRL.

December Results

December:
Best month so far and we're still unbeaten! the team is really getting into top gear and the results towards the end of the month prove this.

Aston Villa 2-3 Arsenal
Theo Walcott
Per Mertesacker
Darren Bent
Gabby Agbonlahor

Theo Walcott
We left this until the 89th minute to win but Walcott saved us and we push on.

UEFA Champions League

Anderlecht
1-2 Arsenal
Tomas Rosicky

Milan Jovanovic
Olivier Giroud
Made 11 changes but we still won so we're top of the group and have been drawn against Zenit St Petersburg in the last 16.

Arsenal
7-0 West Ham
Laurent Koscielny
Lukas Podolski
Theo Walcott
Santi Cazorla
Santi Cazorla
Santi Cazorla Penalty
Stevan Jovetic
Wow, a wonderful performance that was run by Santi Cazorla.

Newcastle 0-3
Arsenal
Santi Cazorla
Per Mertesacker
Stevan Jovetic
Thought this would be tougher than it was but we dealt with Newcastle comfortably.

QPR 0-0
Arsenal
Not good enough but quite a few players were rested, after this game is where we really kick on.

Arsenal 3-0 Norwich
Theo Walcott
Lukas Podolski
Aaron Ramsey

An easy win, all three goals assisted by Cazorla.

Wigan 0-3 Arsenal
Laurent Koscielny
Per Mertesacker
Lukas Podolski
An easy win against a doomed Wigan side.

Arsenal 6-0 Liverpool
Per Mertesacker
Santi Cazorla
Lukas Podolski Penalty
Lukas Podolski Penalty
Olivier Giroud
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Wow, 5-0 at half time and we absolutely smashed this side who are 15th in the league and not looking good for them at all.

Arsenal 6-0 Sunderland
Stevan Jovetic
Jack Wilshere
Per Mertesacker
Per Mertesacker
Laurent Koscielny
Stevan Jovetic
Another 6-0 win and Santi Cazorla assisted all of the goals, he is in amazing form

Per Mertesacker was named player of the month, I was manager of the month and Santi Cazorla came behind Lionel Messi in the player of the year award!
Cazorla now has 30 assists and 8 goals in 26 games, now that the transfer window is open I expect to sell a few players whilst bringing in some youngsters to help rebuild the youth teams.

January Transfers

Decided that no big name players needed signing and that I should look for younger players who look good enough to make it at Arsenal
Transfers in:
Zhano Ananidze (Jano) 1.7 Million
View attachment 356472
Saw that he was on the transfer list for an unknown reason so I enquired and the deal was done very quickly. Will be a backup to Cazorla for now.

I noticed the American regen dates and decided to scour the youth teams and came out with these 4, Dombrowski is my biggest hope. All of them will play for the reserves this season until they develop a bit more.
View attachment 356475View attachment 356476View attachment 356477View attachment 356478

Also to note that I will sign Bruno Martins-Indi in the summer for free due to his contract running out.

Transfers Out:
Gervinho and Abou Diaby left on loan to Porto and Benfica for 220k a month until the end of the season, there were no other big departures.

The January update will be up soon as I only have a couple of games left to play until I am into february.​

January Results

January:
Too many draws this month but we still haven't lost which is a positive.

FA Cup Third Round
Everton 0-2 Arsenal
Kurt Zouma
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Nice win to get us into the 4th round where we will face Crawley.

Capital One Cup Semi Final First Leg
Man City 0-2 Arsenal
Mikel Arteta (Pen)
Olivier Giroud
Nice lead to take back to the Emirates where I expect us to progress to the final.

Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal
Per Mertesacker (2)
David Luiz
Oscar

Threw away a 2 goal lead and both Walcott and Nainggolan got short term injuries.

Man City 1-1 Arsenal
Carlos Tevez (Pen)
Olivier Giroud
A draw isn't too bad but Monreal conceding a stupid penalty could lead to Gibbs replacing him in my first team for a while.

Arsenal 4-1 West Brom
Lukas Podolski
Olivier Giroud (2)

Shane Long
Jack Wilshere
Good to get back to winning ways and Giroud is really showing his worth whilst the same cannot be said for Jovetic.

Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg
Arsenal 0-0 Man City
We're through although the game itself was not of a good quality.

FA Cup 4th Round
Crawley 0-4 Arsenal
Theo Walcott (2)
Kyle Mcfadzean (OG)
Jack Wilshere
Comfortably through to the next round of the FA Cup.

Swansea 1-1 Arsenal
Nathan Dyer
Stevan Jovetic
Quite disappointing but it's been a busy month and we're still in all competitions.
Per Mertesacker is once again player of the month.