TrueGooner

Reaction score
Starting a New game with arsenal - set to Title challenger so I get 17m which is reasonable.
But I am looking to tighten up the defense and GK issue as Almunia and koscielny are not to my standards. Also Im looking to off load Denilson and possible Rosicky as I see them to be fairly average players on fm11.Also RVP tends to get injured often for 3 - 5 months at a time which is a downer for us everytime we loose him. So I got a few ideas for the problems..

GK - Adler, Ochoa (thought hes about that same as Almunia), Gea only if I get rid of fabianksi and make him my no.2
DEF - Fazio, Otamendi, Lugiano (fernerbache) ,
MID - Melo (adds a beat of beef), Rodwell (another good DM), not too sure on attacking player though mabye Arteta
ST - Dzeko buts hes pricey, Abel Hernandez, G Rossi, Carrol

What do you think? And Do you have any other suggestions??

Get Akinfeev as your keeper did that for mine, got him for 8mil
Mexes is better than Kos i got him for 5mil then partner him with Vermy.
then got Palombo from Sampdoria for 8mil good creative dm, good tackler too perfect if your low on funds had to go to the board 5 times asking for more money but they deaf! the arsenal squad lacks depth so I told them that I would win the league and then i asked for a bigger wage budget and then i adjusted my budget and set my wage bill to 1.2 mil to free up some extra money for players.

Then i got Pires on a free transfer he's stats are impressive and he still got it believe me! Fans will be ecstatic about his signing too!

for GK: David de Gea,Ochoa(because your bugdet just 17,try to get budget 30 mil and you get adler)Stekelenburg
DEF:Van der Wiel,Sakho
MID:,Veloso,M.Diarra,A.Palombo,Poli
ST:Lavezzi,Zarate,Lukaku,Obasi,Chu Young
btw,diarra is just for easy&quick transfer,palombo is old(i think)and extremly hard to transfer veloso
i forgot,don't sell RVP,just buy his replacement like atreta,arda,xherdan

Last edited:
Not replace .. find a striker just as good that will fill in for him WHEN he gets injured. I am 90% sure he will get injured and I just want to make sure we have a good enough replacement but also a starter player to fill RVP boots and partner Chamakh. And likewise if Chamakh gets injured to partner RVP. I know we have Bendtner but he lacks that cutting edge that makes good all round strikers.

Ohh and about Pires , I know the fans would love him but how well does he play in matches?

i edited my text,i think if backup in my mind just Lukaku,Pires is still great he just unlucky,in my man city game he is very great!

Im also playing arsenal, and got Adler for GK.
Defence you can get mexes, otamendi, david luiz, but priority I would say Phil Jones from Blackburn, he's young, english and very consistent. Plus he's fast so you can train him for right defender and even defensive midfield..
Def. Mid. I agree with Rodwell. He's the perfect sub for Song.
As for strikers, do anything you can to get Hulk. He hardly gets injured, plus, him and walcott make a perfect combination. (I have van Persie playing behind them). Good luck

Im also playing arsenal, and got Adler for GK.
Defence you can get mexes, otamendi, david luiz, but priority I would say Phil Jones from Blackburn, he's young, english and very consistent. Plus he's fast so you can train him for right defender and even defensive midfield..
Def. Mid. I agree with Rodwell. He's the perfect sub for Song.
As for strikers, do anything you can to get Hulk. He hardly gets injured, plus, him and walcott make a perfect combination. (I have van Persie playing behind them). Good luck
How has Hulk been for you, and what is the cost of him :) ?

So far he;s got 35 goals and 17 assists. Just won the Premier League, and I'm about to get qualified for Champions League final (2-0 1st leg against Lyon). He got offered for 6.5 million but I didn't have the money at the time. When I tried buying him again, and Porto negotiated the offer I asked the board for help (didn't really know what it meant). Anyway, they bought him for 41 million which is way too much I think, but so far I have abosolutely no regrets. I think you can get him below 20 in first, but idk.

He performs well, great with assists, he asks for a one yr contract and a clause for another season if he plays well, and he's on low wages so it's not a loss.