• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's game between Arsenal and Bolton in the Premier League.

More...

not that confident tbh, as Davies could well own our defenders :(

think we will win 2-1 but i would really take any score as long as we get the 3 points.

Last edited:
I would take a scrappy 1-0... We just need a victory to help the morale and confidence of the squad. Still think we'll draw or even lose this game.

C'est la vie...

just found this, what a difference 12 month's make

After five matches last season, Arsenal were second in the table. After five matches this season, they are 17th

:'(

a narrow win, but hopefully a good response from arsenal.

Arsenal 3-1 Bolton Wanderers. I see a revival in Arsenal this game, with back-to-back wins, and I believe Wenger will be the man to revive them.

Bolton have been great, especially against Aston Villa midweek, but with Mertesacker an aerial presence and Arsenal making some good signings, I can see them doing well in this (they are at home as well!).

Arsenal 3-1 Bolton Wanderers. I see a revival in Arsenal this game, with back-to-back wins, and I believe Wenger will be the man to revive them.

Bolton have been great, especially against Aston Villa midweek, but with Mertesacker an aerial presence and Arsenal making some good signings, I can see them doing well in this (they are at home as well!).

they have not lol, done worse than us so far.

only for the 2 beginning games, trashing QPR and get 3 against ManCity

and beaten by Newly promoted Norwich and getting beat 5-0 by Man Utd and getting beat by Liverpool 3-1 so dont know what your talking about.

and beaten by Newly promoted Norwich and getting beat 5-0 by Man Utd and getting beat by Liverpool 3-1 so dont know what your talking about.
imo they might be in the midtable again, and like 8th once more.

My Team:

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Per Gibbs
Song Arteta
Gervinho Ramsey Walcott
RvP​

My Team:

Szczesny
Song Arteta
Gervinho Ramsey Walcott
RvP​

Unorthodox. Walcott on the left? I'd swap him with Gervinho. Also, now Arsenal play a 4-3-3 (for better or for worse).

My Team:

Szczesny
Song Arteta
Gervinho Ramsey Walcott
RvP​

will ramsey be fully fit ?

othr wise i'll put arseahin there, or Chamberlain. adn walcott is lol at left swap with gervihno

Tbh, when I look at the possible lineups between the clubs, Arsenals biggest frailty is the lack of strength. I can see Bolton players out-muscling a lot of Arsenals players and disrupting the play. When you play Bolton it's all very well having technique, pace, bit of flair here and there, but I can see the strength factor having a big detremental effect.

think Walcott is better on the left tbh :)

Fair enough, I've got to admit I don't think I've ever seen him playing on the left (when started). Gervinho's good there, though. Whatevs.

Fair enough, I've got to admit I don't think I've ever seen him playing on the left (when started). Gervinho's good there, though. Whatevs.

think he played there v Udinese home and away and was class.

I would love to know what would happen if Wenger removed Ramsey and threw Walcott up-front alongside RvP instead with Gervinho and Arshavin/Andre Santos on the wings and Song + Arteta in the centre.

What I would like to see
Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Chamberlain - Song - Arteta - Gervinho
van Persie - Walcott
What we will see

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Song
Arteta - Ramsey
Walcott ---------- Gervinho
van Persie​