Arsenal v Bolton

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 3K
Tbf that sending off looked a little harsh even though Walcott would've been through. There didn't seem to be much contact. But who cares, that's a bit of luck we deserve given all the stuff we've been through.

In a footballing sense, I haven't felt this good in 2011 except for the Barcelona win last season. :D One very satisfied gunner today.

Not that bad though, we can play Arshavin left wing and Gervinho right for now.. the problems we have are more defensive. Mertersacker looks pretty good though. Unsure if Santos is actually worth playing at all if Gibbs is preferred.. but either way not too bad.

Some thoughts:

- Ramsey was pushed off the ball a lot, needs to bulk up, but overall pretty decent display.
- RvP's fitness is obviously going to make or break our season, sadly as always
- Gervinho is a lazy ******* who needs to attack the far post and stop wandering up and down the touchline all day at a slow canter, reminds me a bit of Kanu, capable of magic but 90% ****.
- Arteta's energy and willingness to try a tackle puts the rest of the midfield to shame.. always bothers to track back.

We were frustrated too long by Bolton's pressing, need players to work harder finding space when players decide to get tight quickly, otherwise we'll keep losing posession and goals versus different teams. It's hardly a secret that you need to go tight and hard on Arsenal to win as they just don't fight hard enough right now and work for each other.

Last edited:
Walcott missed a one on one today. We also have plenty of cover for Theo so i am not fussed.

RvP MoM followed by probably Song and then Arteta. Good defensive show too, Mertesacker might not be the quickest but his tackling, anticipation, and composure are all excellent. Walcott missed quite a few today, obviously the one-on-one was the clearest of those. Overall, I'm very very pleased, clean sheet, 3-0 win, and RvP - 100 goals. :D

Not that bad though, we can play Arshavin left wing and Gervinho right for now.. the problems we have are more defensive.
I'd rather not see Arshavin starting.

Gervinho on the left with Chamberlain on the right or Gervinho on the right and Ryo on the left thank you very much.

Wenger said Walcott had a pain in his knee.

Odds on he will end up needing surgery?

166975_269512476405486_240329319323802_888601_246267064_n.jpg

Back