Arsenal: Arteta, Wilshere, Mertesacker
Chelsea: Luiz, Drogba
Suspensions:
Chelsea: Ivanovic
Ineligible:
Arsenal: Benayoun
Referee: Mike Dean
Sky Bet odds: Arsenal 1/1, Draw 5/2, Chelsea 13/5
Opta stat: The Blues have won just three of their previous 19 Premier League trips to the home of Arsenal, but those three victories have all come in their last six visits

Arsenal will have midfielders Abou Diaby and Francis Coquelin back from hamstring injuries for the clash.
Defender Laurent Koscielny returns from a two-game suspension, but on-loan midfielder Yossi Benayoun is ineligible against his parent club.

Mikel Arteta will not recover from the ankle injury sustained against Wigan in time to feature again this season, while England midfielder Jack Wilshere (ankle) has already been ruled out along with German centre-back Per Mertesacker (ankle).

Didier Drogba will miss the derby after picking up a knee injury during his goalscoring turn against Barcelona.
That means Fernando Torres, who has found the back of the net once in his last 11 Premier League starts, could be in line for an Emirates outing.
David Luiz is out with a hamstring injury, while Branislav Ivanovic serves the second instalment of his domestic three-game ban.

Possible starting XIs:
Arsenal: Szczesny, Gibbs, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Sagna, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Persie.
Chelsea: Cech, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Bosingwa, Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Kalou, Sturridge, Torres.

Prediction: 2-1 Arsenal :)

Going for 1-1. Chelsea are in good form plus the game should be a lot more difficult for us without Arteta dictating tempo.

Heard somewhere Arsenal have not won this season without Arteta in the side (not sure if its true). Would be happier with Drogba upfront of course but i still think we will get something from the game. Im going to predict a 2-1 win for Chelsea.

Wonder if this time it'll be 3-5 Chelsea.

Anyway, I think we have a good chance considering good home form this season (Not including Wigan recently) and the injury to Luiz and suspension of Ivanovic, but with Chelsea on the rise it will be tough.

Arsenal for the 1-0 win.

Good news, Kos back, bad news, Arteta out. Going to go for 2-3 to Chelsea with Drogba getting at least one, as he always does.

The one saving grace is that it could be a good game for Arsenal due to fatigue from midweek for Chelsea and the Barca game next week. If Barca stuck 3 past Chelsea I don't think they'd bother saving themselves, but now they have a good chance at going for it next game, so might see Lampard, Drogba, Terry rested at some point, depending on the score.

think this will be a draw unfortunately, can't split the two.

If Arteta was playing I could safely say we would have won but we've never won without that linking player in midfield. And by the looks of it we're going to suffer a lot.

AFC: Szczesny - Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs - Song, Rosicky, Ramsey - Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Persie

After seeing the line ups, I'm more confident of a win. 2-1 or 3-1 to us.

I think we will edge it 3-1. Lot depends on Ramsey and he should refrain from getting too much forward. If he doesn't handle it we will probably lose.

Good thing that Kos is back.

Was a very drab game which dosen't bother me after the week we have had. Bertrand was absolutely sensational, a deserved MOTM and an Ashley Cole replacement for definite for both club and country.

Status
Not open for further replies.