Jwilsher

Reaction score
I have start with Arsenal, i made my own tactic, but is clear disaster. The results are very bad, even the fact they are in frendly matches. In all the time i was trying to play for clean sheet. As you see in SS there are only two. My players made a lots of penalty, how can i reduce this ? And how can i defend better, i use three tactics as wel, one for standart play, mostly at the beggining of the match i start with. And two tactics for defending, the first one is more balanced, when i score a goal, i go to it. And when the oposite players push me very hard, i go to "Katenacho" waste of time, clear the ball, and two DMC as well, The idea sounds good, but in the real gameplay was not so good. Any advice how can i improve my games ?

View attachment 262826View attachment 262825View attachment 262824View attachment 262823View attachment 262822

No Holding mid, BWM are trying to press opponents high up the pitch which will leave huge gap between your defence and Midfield, switch it to a CM(d) in your 4-2-3-1 and to an Anchor Man or something in your 4-3-3.. Defending wise that's what i would say, plus with the addition of a Midfielder who will sit deep, sometimes along your CB's it will allow your wingbacks to be a lot more offensive

I'm struggling to see what the plan is in either tactic. Can you explain?

As SmootJitsu pointed out, you don't have holding midfielders. They'll leave your defence exposed. In the 4-2-3-1, Wanyama is a BWM/D who will run everywhere chasing the ball and in the 4-1-2-3 DM, he's a Regista who will be very adventurous in possession.

You also have attacking fullbacks, but both of them set to Defend duty. Why? They won't get forward at all to provide passing options this way.

Also, in the 4-2-3-1, you have wingers who will bomb down the line and cross for Giroud. Nothing else is happening. Again, what's the plan with this tactic?

The 4-1-2-3 has a target man, who the defence will clear balls to. Once he has it, what then? I'm not a fan of target men on attack with no support and/or a fairly direct way of building up play. He won't offer enough movement in any direction. The 4 defenders again on Defend may be an issue possession wise. Why the one defender as a stopper? What's the thinking behind this tactic?

Ok thank you all of them, i will take a note. If i have a progress i will feed back letter.