Stevie99

Reaction score
Arsene Wenger Resigns
Arsene Wenger has resigned from his post as manager of Arsenal after sixteen years. Wenger has released a statement saying "I am extremely upset to be leaving but I felt it is the right time to move on for new things and hopefully the club can hire a new manager who has fresh ideas and will bring innovative players and help the club win trophies, qualify for Europe and do their best. I wish Arsenal well, I will stay in London for now until I find a new job or retire. I'm proud of what I have done and I know my successor will do well too." The board released a statement saying; ''Arsenal would like to thank Arsene Wenger for his services and everything he has done for the club. We owe him much and as a leaving present his tickets will be free and there will be another statue of Mr. Wenger being built outside the Emirates Stadium. We agree with his statement regarding the fresh ideas and thats what we will do, find a manager with fresh ideas. Regardless of their reputation"

Arsenal appoint Stephen Gibbs as manager until end of season
Arsenal have appointed youth coach Stephen Gibbs as manager on a contract until the end of the season. Gibbs is virtually inexperienced and we do not have much information on him. The board released a statement "Arsenal are happy to confirm the appointment of Stephen Gibbs as manager on a contract until May 2013. I know you will not have heard of him but we spoke to him and he shares our vision for the club and has the right ideas to take us forward. We wish him the best of the luck in the role. On a sadder note, Steve Bould has resigned from his role as Assistant Manager and will be leaving the club immediately.

_61170099_olivier_giroud_getty_2.jpg

Olivier Giroud signs for Arsenal from Montpellier
Arsenal have finalised the signing of Olivier Giroud from Montpellier for a reported £12m.
The France international, 25, completed a medical and paperwork with the club on Monday evening.
"He has a very good physical presence and is exceptional in the air, with a great work ethic," said Gibbs.
"We are excited about Olivier joining us and he will add an additional dimension to our attacking options next season.
"He has proved that he is capable of performing at the top level with club and country, and we saw what a big influence he was in Montpellier's championship-winning side last season."
Giroud scored 21 goals in Montpellier's Ligue 1 title success and made four substitute appearances for France at Euro 2012.
"I was attracted by the philosophy of football and Arsene Wenger's 'touch' at this club," Giroud told the official Arsenal website. "I have always admired Arsenal with its great history and reputation, and I now hope to achieve great things here."
At 6ft 3ins, Giroud believes he has the physique to thrive in the Premier League.
"I think I have the weapons to do well here," he said. "It might be a style that I'm good at, though I'm also a player who likes to play, who likes to participate in the game.
"I will need some time to adapt, of course, but I'm not worried about that - I think I will adapt well."

_62078990_146936220.jpg

Arsenal sign Spanish midfielder
Santi Cazorla from Malaga
Arsenal have signed Spanish midfielder Santi Cazorla from Malaga on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee believed to be below £15m.

Cazorla said: "I'm so excited to be joining one of the greatest teams in Europe and also in the Premier League."
Boss Stephen Gibbs added: "He's a great signing who will add significant quality to us."
The Frenchman continued: "He is a player with good experience at both club and international level.
"He is a versatile, attacking midfield player who can play comfortably on either side of the pitch or centrally. He has good pace, is technically gifted and will be a huge asset to Arsenal Football Club. We are delighted that he is joining us."
Cazorla spoke of his intention to help the Gunners end their trophy drought, which dates back to 2005.
"I'm so happy to be joining Arsenal," he stated. "This is a club with great players, a fantastic stadium and huge support.
"The club has one of the best managers in football and their style of play is recognised and admired all over the world.
"I will do my best to help Arsenal challenge for trophies and make all the supporters happy."
Cazorla, who joined Malaga from Villarreal last summer, stands at 5ft 6ins and featured for Spain at the 2008 and 2012 European Championships.