Arsenal

ChristopherWH

Reaction score

On this day, Arsenal supporters all over the world will be sad to have lost a club icon.
They might also be glad to see their club start a new era.
This is the day Arsène Wenger have decided to leave his position as Arsenals manager.

He leaves behind a void, not easily filled, but a void that also must be filled, and fast.
As the new season is creeping closer, Arsenal needs to decide who would be the best person to lead them onward.
To carry the clubs philosophy forward, to act as a face towards the media and supporters, to be able to bring the players together and perform like a team, to win.

Arsène- Bids the fans farewell

The New One

"In an official statement from the club, the directors have declared that they knew of Arsènes departurer a few months ago and they have already been looking for his replacement.
Therefore they would like to calm anyone thinking that it was a rash decision as they promoted former youth and women coach Alexander 'Alec' Morris as the new manager of Arsenal."

Alec Morris: "It's a dream come true for me, the feeling can't be described as it is now my turn to do the best I can with this team with such a wonderful history and future. I have been learning under Wenger for the last season, hiding in the shadows, for this occasion. He has complete trust in me and even told me he would never have quit if he did not feel I was up for the task, such is his love for this club."

Alec Morris - New manager of Arsenal

Word of the Author

Well hello everyone, this is to be my brand new Arsenal story. I will do my best to keep the updates frequent and rich. As I am not a hardcore Arsenal or PL fan, nor a native speaker of English, I hope you can forgive any mistakes I might make. As well as come with productive critique when needed.
Hopefully both you and I will enjoy this a lot, thank you and hope to see you all again!

Big Spender

New Arsenal manager spends money on Ghanaian Ayew brothers.

After spending one season in the Merseilles Ligue 1 team, both brothers have decided to sign with Arsenal under their new manager. A left winger and a striker, they scored 13 goals together last season and Mr. Morris will hope that they can continue to grow and score in this new adventure.

André & Jordan Ayew - Newest Arsenal Signings

Alec Morris: "André is a player who will immedietly compete for a first team spot on the left wing. As Rosicky left us earlier we had some room to fill. Jordan is even younger and will be played mostly as a substitute to get room to grow in to the English football and the team."

Shawcross puts pen to paper

Arsenal signs Stoke defender on a four year deal.

Alec Morris: "The signing of Shawcross was made after a few training sessions where I got very dissapointed in the fitness level of Per Mertesacker, I hope he will get it going in time but as the league is about to start I do not want to take that chance. Ryan Shawcross is a tough defender who will bring some power to the team."

When asked about how Shawcross and Ramsey will get along he answers "That is in the past, Ramsey have accepted Shawcross apology and they have both spoken and met several times and I can even spot a friendship grow between them".

Complete list of Arsenal Signings

A bunch of players have joined us for this season, most of them are young and will need some time to grow in to first team players, but hopefully they can all help out and be used in some kind of rotational system so everyone will get a chance to shine and prove themselves in the first team.

Adding to that, we have seen two players leave permanently, Rosicky and Almunia, who've signed for Leverkusen and Espanyol respectively.

Today we witnessed the Champions League Best Placed Playoff draw and saw Arsenal being pitted against Russian team Rubin Kazan.

Alec Morris: "I am happy with the draw, any team possible here are at top class, but so are we and we have a chance to win against Rubin both here in London as well as in Kazan"

Elsewhere we say Olympique Lyonnais draw the outsider FC Vaslui from Romania, making them the safest bet to advance from this playoff.

Man-to-Man

We've had a good pre-season going in the season premiere with 100% wins, among those a tough game against Dortmund as well as a Friendly cup Finals win against French AS Monaco. I have had a chance to see all new signings in the Arsenal shirt and they've all done well soo far against, arguably, weaker opposition than what we are about to play a season against. Still, no signs of anything bad happening, not yet.

Oh, I was wrong, not all new signings have played yet. Andriy Yarmolenko came and actually got injured in the first training session and will not be fit for our premiere against Wolverhampton but shortly after that he will be good to go. Arteta will also miss the first game due to a injury he picked up in a friendly, it's not a bad one though and he'll be back in no time.

The players who have performed best till now are Robin Van Persie, Johan Djourou and Bacary Sagna, all playing very solid and Djorou acutally managed to score 5 goals in five games from start and two where he came in later on. The same amount of goals as Van Persie, though RvP played less.

Wish us good luck against the Wolves on the 13th of August, be there!

August

Arsenal Qualifies to Champions League Group Stages

After Arsenal lost the game in Kazan 3 - 2 things looked a bit grim, but they managed to pick themselves up with a solid game back at The Emirates after goals by Djorou, RvP & Andriy Yarmolenko.

Alec Morris: "
After a dissapointing away game where we didn't get a point, although we got a good two away goals and only lost by one goal, we managed to bring the class in the next game where we completely nullified their offensive while we managed to score thrice ourselves. Another good display by Djorou who's turned out to be in goalscoring form the start of this season. Also nice to see my new signing, Yarmolenko, got a goal a minute past the 90 minutes."

Elsewhere we say Dynamo Kyiv surprise Spanish Villarreal, knocking them out of the Champions League while Italian Udinese were at a loss against Portuguese giants SLB.

The Group Draw

The Champions League Group draw saw some terrific games being scheduled.
Manchester United against Lyon, newly rich Manchester City is pitted against, arguably, the best team in the world Barcelona as well as Ukrainian powerhouse Shakhtar.
There were two other groups that look toughest on paper though.

Group E with top league teams Chelsea, Valencia, Napoli and Leverkusen, all pitted against eachother.

Group F with the two classics AC Milan and Ajax, against Arsenal with a new unexperienced manager leading them, and Dortmund, the German side with an arena crowd that would put almost anyone else to shame.

Here's the full list of groups.

The start of the season went well for us, with some half decent performances we managed to get three out of three bringing us up to the first place.

With no player scoring more than once, none my boys are up by points yet, not compared to the other players in the league. I am glad to announce that soo far Aaron Ramsey and Francis Coquelin are sharing the top position of most passes completed, both on a 93% success rate. Feels great to see that our passing game is working soo well soo far.

Elsewhere, our striker who's out on loan, Nicklas Bendtner has scored three goals in three games soo far for Sunderland. I wish him continued form and hope that he keeps on scoring, just not against us. He's sharing the first place in goals scored with Jermain Defoe of Tottenham and Carlos Tevez of Manchester City.

Picking my player of the month I would single out Alex Song, his goal rounded off a great start for him as he has proven to be a rock at the midfield, not stationary but really making it hard for our opponents to get past him, as well as some precise passing that let's us start up our attacks swift and easy. Good for him, good for us.

Alex Song - Alec Morris Player of the Month

I'll probably manage atleast a couple later on today.

Oh and thank you Quasit!

You are welcome. Can you post screenshot of Jere Uronen? He's much hyped around here in Finland and havent yet noticed him in my saves so I think you need to load Sweden to have him.

When September Ends

Arsenal non-losing streak goes on

Oxlade-Chamberlain ecstatic after Carling Cup hattrick

Milan in San Siro loss against Arsenal

First up a summary, a quick show of match results.

As you probably can see, a small dent is all, and it was right after the Champions League game against Ajax soo we were a bit tired and I rested some players, which we proved in the next game when we were against West Brom again.

A Closer Look

A five to nothing smash against Sunderland. They came to visit and got completely demolished, a terrible display.
One could argue we made them look bad, but seriously, they did not put up a fight, and it showed. I wonder if they'll be able to pick themselves up after this, might take a while.
Robin van Persie got the Man of the Match award after two good goals in the first half whith André Ayew added the fifth shortly before the end.

First group game we were up against Ajax, the classic dutch side, and finished ahead two goals to none.
Both goals came from new signings, youngling Oxlade-Chamberlain and Mikel Arteta got one each.
This was another game we totally dominated, we passed the ball around having them chase after it until they grew tired, and the last half an hour they just seemed to defend themselves without ever going forward.
The man of the match award went to Oxlade-Chamberlain after scoring a goal on a counter attack where we came out 3-to-1 with their keeper.

A great evening at San Siro where the possession were equal but we created much more than Milan did.
We canceled out both Cassano and Zlatan who were left out in the cold as their midfield didn't manage to get the ball up-field. RvP got an early goal before taking a knock and since I didn't want to risk him catching a terrible injury, so I decided to bring out our young hot-shot Oxlade-Chamberlain based on his recent performances, and while he didn't get a goal this time around he played well and we got a second one later on anyways from André Ayew.
Kieran Gibbs won the Man of The Match award after a solid defensive match as well as adding an assist for the kicks.

Summary

A respectable second place, with one game in hand we're two points behind Manchester United with a game in hand. Together with Chelsea we are the top scorers but we have had a tighter defence than them soo far so I'd give us a plus for that.

Oh and this just came in, congratulations to all three of them!

The Young Player of the Month Award

Very good mate I love the simple lay out its very eye catching.. Plus that is quite a hard group in the Champs League I'm sure you can over come it :)

You are welcome. Can you post screenshot of Jere Uronen? He's much hyped around here in Finland and havent yet noticed him in my saves so I think you need to load Sweden to have him.

Here you go, I haven't played him in the first team yet though, he's not THAT big a talent to be able to play at 17 years old. Maybe later in the season or if I'm terribly injury struck out on left.

And thank you everyone for the positives!

Last edited:
Thanks for screenie. Might become decent lb if worked on his anticipation, pace, positioning and marking. Are you using Jenkinson also or have you loaned him out? These two will fill the Finland fullback roles for next 15 years.

October and it is getting colder

A tough month with many big matches coming up for Arsenal

Arsenal dropping in the league as their non-losing streak comes to an end

October sees Liverpool climb as they four out of four

Results

Close Up

First we traveled the long way to Stamford Bridge to try to see off Chelsea, we almost managed.
We had the upper hand most of the game, play wise, but didn't manage to score more than once.
That was all thanks to Chech, who had the game of the season on his part, making class saves one after another even getting the Man of the Match award with a rating of 9.2.

In the end I'm rather okey with the result though, it was an away game against title candidates and we got a solid point after a solid game, we were closest to get away with three but what the heck, better than nothing.

Dortmund played a good preassure play and managed to keep us back for much longer than we had hoped for. Two early goals and a red card for Arteta gave them a golden opportunity to get the game, and even though we clawed one back they managed to defend themselves well enough to take the three points.
Gervinho scored a great goal from 35 yards out, just powering it up in the net.
Shinji Kagawa got the MotM award after getting a goal and an assist for his Dortmund.

We played rather well if you asked me, I'm not happy that we lost but considering our early red card, which was without question by the way, we stood up well and wasn't without chances of our own, but in the end the players were more worn out than their German counterparts and we couldn't muster enough strenght in the end with one man less. But I still have high hopes for our advancement from the group.

Third really tough away game in a row, and it showed. Man UTD completely overran us.
The lads were tired and a bit unfit, but as I wanted to field the best team, they had to play.
That idea did not work out as planned, and as I said we didn't have a chance, so their win was completely in terms with justice. The early penalty they got didn't get things started as we would've liked and we struggled from there on.
MotM award went to Anderson after creating the penalty, taking it himself, scoring and then getting another goal in the second half.

I'm not glad with the result, not at all, not the performance either. We were on our back foot all game long, the passes didn't hit their targets, the crosses were swooped up and mistakes in the back let them get some easy goals. We have to pick ourselves up after these last three games. Get back to winning again.

Anderson - MotM with two goals against a weak Arsenal

Last edited:
In The Cold November Rain

Arsenal gets back on track

Ravel Morrison gets his first Premier League Goal

Arsenal qualifies from Champions League Group

Result Summary

A Closer Look

We did a lot better this time than we did in Germany.
Even though we only scored one in the first half, we felt pretty safe as they didn't have a single shot on target for the whole game.
'The Ox' keeps scroring occasionally and seems to be able to handle himself well in top tier football, especially considering his young age and lack of actual experience.
The German giants never stood a chance here at the Emirates, and soo far this season, no one has.
It has become a castle where we cannot lose, our worse result at home soo far is our 1-1 draw against Q.P.R. back in 1st October.
The MotM award went to Ghanaian hot-shot André Ayew who is looking to win the African Player of the Year award. Let's wish him luck.

Alex 'The Ox' Oxlade-Chamberlain - The Arsenal Youngling keeps getting in the scoresheet

Statistics wise, this game was closer than the one against Dortmund, we were not as controlling as we were that game. But we were clinical in the finishing area. We scored thrice very fast, and even though they got a penalty, in the 11th, when we were up by 2(!) already, they never really threatened us.
I'm a bit worried we have no player who scores a lot, we're a bit short on goals compared to the other teams in the league and without a striker on form I'm afraid we might lose some unnecessary points.
The MotM award went to a striker though, Robin van Persie, who got a goal and made two others with some precise passing.

A game we dominated more than the scoring shows. 20 shot to their 3, 62% possession and better overall. They fought for it but in the end the class showed and they were brushed aside. It took us some time to get the goals though, and when Song was sent of shortly before the second goal, my nerves started to get to me, were we once more this **** inefficient in front of goal?
The MotM Award went to Walcott for his two points, goal and an assist. A rare thing, a goal from Sagna, is what closed the deal in the end.

Man-to-Man

A good month for us, a few close games that we, in the end, managed to win, but also one draw. Away against Norwich we were not able to defend our lead and we payed for it, almost even more.
Mind you this month I have been forced to rest RvP a bit more than I would've liked, he is getting tired. Hopefully we won't lose many points due to him being like that, I have faith in our other strikers but they are young.
I'm very glad with the signing of André Ayew who has proven to be a real danger up front from his left wing.

André Ayew - Alec Morris pick of players for November

In The Cold November Rain

Arsenal gets back on track

Ravel Morrison gets his first Premier League Goal

Arsenal qualifies from Champions League Group

Result Summary

A Closer Look

We did a lot better this time than we did in Germany.
Even though we only scored one in the first half, we felt pretty safe as they didn't have a single shot on target for the whole game.
'The Ox' keeps scroring occasionally and seems to be able to handle himself well in top tier football, especially considering his young age and lack of actual experience.
The German giants never stood a chance here at the Emirates, and soo far this season, no one has.
It has become a castle where we cannot lose, our worse result at home soo far is our 1-1 draw against Q.P.R. back in 1st October.
The MotM award went to Ghanaian hot-shot André Ayew who is looking to win the African Player of the Year award. Let's wish him luck.

Alex 'The Ox' Oxlade-Chamberlain - The Arsenal Youngling keeps getting in the scoresheet

Statistics wise, this game was closer than the one against Dortmund, we were not as controlling as we were that game. But we were clinical in the finishing area. We scored thrice very fast, and even though they got a penalty, in the 11th, when we were up by 2(!) already, they never really threatened us.
I'm a bit worried we have no player who scores a lot, we're a bit short on goals compared to the other teams in the league and without a striker on form I'm afraid we might lose some unnecessary points.
The MotM award went to a striker though, Robin van Persie, who got a goal and made two others with some precise passing.

A game we dominated more than the scoring shows. 20 shot to their 3, 62% possession and better overall. They fought for it but in the end the class showed and they were brushed aside. It took us some time to get the goals though, and when Song was sent of shortly before the second goal, my nerves started to get to me, were we once more this **** inefficient in front of goal?
The MotM Award went to Walcott for his two points, goal and an assist. A rare thing, a goal from Sagna, is what closed the deal in the end.

Man-to-Man

A good month for us, a few close games that we, in the end, managed to win, but also one draw. Away against Norwich we were not able to defend our lead and we payed for it, almost even more.
Mind you this month I have been forced to rest RvP a bit more than I would've liked, he is getting tired. Hopefully we won't lose many points due to him being like that, I have faith in our other strikers but they are young.
I'm very glad with the signing of André Ayew who has proven to be a real danger up front from his left wing.

André Ayew - Alec Morris pick of players for November

I really like this story :) maybe a league table each update though? Keep it up

A Long December

Arsenal lost in the League again

Draws in Champions League as well as Carling Cup

Robin van Persie gets his first hat-trick of the season

Result Summary

A Closer Look

It's nice to see the lads go all out like this, seeing as we already had qualified from the group as first placed team. Walcott scored a great solo effort where he ran past two defenders just to round off the keeper and place the ball safely in the net, added to that he got two assists and won the MotM award.

Aaron Ramsey - Performed great for his Arsenal in December scoring a total of three goals

I'm at a loss of words, we had a great chance here, and still did until the second half.
First a mistake by Shawcross, in a air duel he was last on the ball but only managed to deflect in into our own goal. Shortly after that though, on a cross that landed on Koscielny, he for some reson wanted to attemt a volley and struck it straight in to our goal, if it wasn't our goal it would've been fantastic, I couldn't believe it.
We lost the derby on such idiotic play. After that Tottenham just defended and we didn't manage to penetrate their defenses.
MotM went to André Ayew once more. Great lad.

We're still unbeaten at the Emirates thoigh, Man City stood no chance either, not with all their signings.
Glad to see Yarmolenko score once more, he's been in a slump and has been nagging a bit about not getting enough time on the field, now he made his case a bit better. Ramsey though, terrific display on his side, especially his second goal, a screamer from outside the penalty box and Joe Hart didn't even move, there was no point, perfectly placed shot and he picked up the MotM award afterwards, well deserved.
André Ayew didn't score but managed two assists and is still performing at top.

Overview

Some draws have been made now in December. First off there is the League Cup draw where we are to face off against Liverpool in the Semi Finals, it's going to be terrific, and spectacular games I hope.
In the other semi final, Chelsea and Aston Villa are going to fight for a place in the Final.

Then in the Champions League first knock-out round we are to face off against French giants Lyon. There are some great games going to be played but a bit unfortunate that only expected teams got through the group stage, so no real super underdogs left.

If I were to bet I'd say that all the right side teams will go through, all of them. But that's just my guess.

One can't deny that Suarez has been in terrific form all season soo far, scoring by far the most in the whole league. He has scored more than the rest of his team together, which I don't think is all that good to be honest, what if he's injured or the like, will Liverpool drop?
We only got a draw against Liverpool at Anfield but atleast it was Gerrard who scored, so we didn't add to his tally of goals.
Javier Hernández only just got up there after Man UTD demolished Aston Villa earlier this month, 6-1 and having Javier score 5 of those and getting a perfect score of 10.

Awards

Glad to see we have a winner in the Young Player of the Month award once more, glad to see it's Ramsey who got it.

André Ayew won the African Midfielder of the Year award, and looking at his competition that was absolutely terrific. A great find we got here, he will help this team in many years to come, hopefully.

Transfer Window Opens

The first transfer, on our part, for the year will be Marouane Chamakh who, due to not being in my first team plans and complainging about being a back up, went to Sunderland for a fee of €11.25 Million.
A rather good fee if you ask me, it's all due today (January 1st) as well so we have some to spend on a replacement. Feel free to give me advice and tips.

Cheerio!

Back