Arsenal

I've been playing an Arsenal save as well, and just finishing my first season. My advice for your striker replacement would be Seydou Doumbia. He has been phenominal for me, RvP has struggled with fitness all season and has kept picking up little knocks which rule him out for a few weks at a time. Doumbia has scored over 30 in all competitions this season up front with my other big summer signing, Cavani. Keep up the good work, really good story!

I really like this story :) maybe a league table each update though? Keep it up

Yeah I'll do that every other month or so, if everything goes according to plan.
Though I sometimes get ahead of myself and plays more than a month at a time and forget to screenshot the PL table, therefore missing it :(

Thank everyone for the positive comments!

And I'll look up Doumbia, he's rather expensive though and I don't know if I can afford him.
Cavani is the same way.
That will have to wait till summer though, the window just closed.

I really like how you write this, and it's layout - well done and keep up the good work

January Slump
And the start of February

Arsenal struck out against Liverpool in the League Cup

PL Top 6 pulling ahead of the rest

Arsenal gets FA cup replay against Man City

January Transfer Window

Out
Marouane Chamakh - Sunderland €11.25 Million
Lukasz Fabianski - Barcelona €2.4 Million
Per Mertesacker - A.C. Milan Loan Fee €1.3 Million

In

Fernando - FCP €5.5 Million
Ali Ahamada - Toulouse FC €3.7 Million

Chamakh and Fabianski both wanted to leave due to not getting enough first team football. Chamakh just didn't perform and I wanted to give the younger lads time on the pitch when RvP wasn't fit enough. I also signed some wingers/strikers ahead of the season who I value higher than the Moroccan. I wish him a good time at Sunderland. I believe I got a rather good amount of money for him though, on the bright side.
Fabianski was my backup choice as I don't believe him to be better than Szczesny, who is also younger, a better choice for the future I think.

Per just does not fit in my plans, he's way too sluggish for my liking, and with Vermaelen fit again, and my defender signings earlier, there's just no room for him. I will try to get him out permanently after the loan period at Milan.

To fill the place after Fabianski I signed another promising young keeper, from France this time. Not really much to say here other than he'll serve as a back-up, and I might try to play him against some weaker teams if the table allows it.
Fernando was signed as I think we were missing some physique in the midfield. We had some technically gifted players but whenever Song was out, which he was for a while this month due to the African championship, I want someone able to fill his place. Fernando was transferlisted and rather cheap considering his skill, I didn't miss the opportunity.

Result Summary

A Closer Look

First game was played at Anfield where Liverpool stood up good in a tight game. They kind of owned us possession wise but when it came to chances it was rather close, soo I guess the result was fair in the end. A good 88th minute header by Shawcross saw us getting a pretty good result for the second game.
Pepe Reina got the MotM award in the first game with a score of 9.1, some excellent goalkeeping.

In the second game we came ahead a bit too strong and got a quick goal in the back on a Liverpool corner.
After that Jordan Ayew got a goal in the first half but we didn't manage to create many chances after that and the 1-1 score was how it ended after some good Liverpool defending, shutting us down completely.

Annoying being this close to the final and get knocked out, it was a winnable competition in my eyes and it would've been good for us, and this new project, to get a trophy in the first season. Now we have one chance less to win one.

Arsenal - Feeling blue after the League Cup knock out

A really close fought game with two really early goals. I still feel we are suffering from some impotence up front, not always but every other game we just seem to struggle. I don't know but it feels like our strikers can't get in real consistent form, and it's hurting our chances on getting a Champions League spot, losing to some weaker teams, Sunderland are not doing well this season. Every point is important now so we do not fall behind our competitors.
The MotM award went to Junior Hoilett after a goal and an assist.

After a 1-1 game at the Emirates we had to play Man City again in the FA cup.
First game scorers were Andriy Yarmolenko for Arsenal and James Milner for City.
A fair result by all means.

We were ready for a tough game at The City of Manchester Stadium as Man City would want to do well to be able to win as much as possible this season, things didn't go as they wanted.
We totally dominated the whole game with City not getting a single shot on target for the whole game.
Fernando scored in the 36th minute, bagging his first for us, great!
Even with our dominance we didn't manage to put the game out of reach from City until the 81st minute when Walcott scored our second, Yarmolenko scored the final goal in the 86th minute making sure we got through to the next round. Nice display in both games by our Ukrainian.
MotM went to Bacary Sagna who were great defensively this game, not letting anything get past him on the right hand side.

Premier League Table
February 9th

I guess my complaints about the strikers seems a bit uncalled for when RvP is placed third in the league scoring table. He's also fourth in the assist league, that's a great number of points from him seen as he's also the fifth best player in the league soo far. Great to see André Ayew up there as well on third place. Once again we got two of the best passers in the league with Ramsey and Song taking the third and first place.
Luis Suárez is still way ahead everyone else on goals though, while Mata is pretty dominant with his assists as well.

We're still far from out of the PL competition even though we are trailing by four points. It's really close up top right now with any of the top 6 being potential winners. Other than that Stoke and Sunderland have been disappointing soo far this season, with Stoke being next to last and Sunderland on a 15th place. Wolves are performing above expectations though and are nowhere near the relegation zone, good for them and Terry Connor.

Robin van Persie - Happy with leading the Arsenal scoring charts

The Rest of February

Arsenal loses first Champions League Leg

Shawcross debuts for the Three Lions

Vermaelen injured on international duty

Result Summary

A Closer Look

A game we undeservedly lost. They scored on their only two shots on target Wojchiech didn't have his best day at work, lets just say that. Wilshere is back from the long injury that lasted for more than half the season, but today he picked up a knock once more and had to leave the field in the 63rd minute. He looks like he'll be back in no time though, nothing too serious from the initial medical tests. Alex Song scored a marvelous one as he powered it straight up in the left corner from just outside the penalty area, nothing to do there for Lloris.
We still have a game to play at home though soo I do not think this result is impossible to turn around, wish us luck!
Alex Song got the MotM award for good defensive work as well as his contribution in the goal protocol.

Two early goals by our very own RvP made sure Villa were never close to catching up.
Even though they scored a goal in the late second half, that was one of their only two shots on target while we kept the preassure up. We were closer to a third than they were to a second. Wilshere was back once more and got in as a substitute but rather late, I hope he gets match fit soon, he's really terrific once in form and a great talent for the team and this nation as a whole, one of the future greats.
Robin van Persie were hands down best this game and deserved the MotM award, no one else were even close.

Extras

As you can see, a great goal by RvP landed him the Goal of the Month award.

Shawcross got his international debut. He did this in a friendly against Holland and he was actually Englands best defender in this game, he played next to Chelseas John Terry, Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole. Let's hope he gets picked up for the European Championship in the summer, it would be great for him as a person and player, and in that aspect, great for us.

Ryan Shawcross - Arsenals newest International

Premier League Table
March 2nd 2012

Not much different, we are falling a bit behind though after some questionable results, like the draw against Q.P.R. This can't go on if we want a Champions League spot next season, and we surely do. Next month we're up against both Chelsea and Man Utd in the league, two good results there and we're back in the game. Adding our 2nd leg against Lyon, and the 6th round of the FA cup, March seems to be a really important month, we have to bring our a-game.

Back