Arsenal's failure to win trophies is not down to faint hearts

Fabregas is not a natural leader and its easy to see that. He is a role model and someone to look up to but no way a leader. Maybe someone like Vermaelen when he comes back could do a decent job.

A) We're not going to strip Cesc of the captaincy
B) Why is the captain the only one who can shout and be a "leader" - if the Englad captaincy doesn't matter because Ferdinand/Terry will shout and "lead" whether they have the armband or not, why does it matter at Arsenal?

Ceac leads by example - others shout.. I'm sure if players need help on the pitch, he's more than capable of directing them.

B) Why is the captain the only one who can shout and be a "leader" - if the Englad captaincy doesn't matter because Ferdinand/Terry will shout and "lead" whether they have the armband or not, why does it matter at Arsenal?

Ceac leads by example - others shout.. I'm sure if players need help on the pitch, he's more than capable of directing them.

Have to agree with this. What Arsenal lack is a Leader. Like many have pointed out so many times, Arsenal of past had so many leaders who commanded respect from others. This Arsenal side has very good technical players but not Leader.

Depends what player it is, the England captaincy ment somthing to Terry and i always believed Terry plays better when he is wearing the armband.

Depends what player it is, the England captaincy ment somthing to Terry and i always believed Terry plays better when he is wearing the armband.

But everyone at the time of the England captaincy switch said "It doesn't matter because whoever it is, Ferdinand/Terry (whoever isn't captain) will still lead" - Why can't the same be applied to Arsenal? Vermaelen doesn't have the armband, but he can still "lead".

But everyone at the time of the England captaincy switch said "It doesn't matter because whoever it is, Ferdinand/Terry (whoever isn't captain) will still lead" - Why can't the same be applied to Arsenal? Vermaelen doesn't have the armband, but he can still "lead".

But the media failed to point out that some players play better when they know they have that task that they are the leader etc. I know for a fact and its so easy to see it that Terry plays better with that armband on and its the same for alot of players.

But the media failed to point out that some players play better when they know they have that task that they are the leader etc. I know for a fact and its so easy to see it that Terry plays better with that armband on and its the same for alot of players.

But people were saying it doesn't matter who's captain of England - I'm sure even you were saying that Terry is such a good leader that even without the armband he'll shout at his players and be a natural leader anyway.

So If Vermaelen is the leader Arsenal lack and we should make him captain (not going to happen) - why can't he lead without the captain's armband?

But people were saying it doesn't matter who's captain of England - I'm sure even you were saying that Terry is such a good leader that even without the armband he'll shout at his players and be a natural leader anyway.

So If Vermaelen is the leader Arsenal lack and we should make him captain (not going to happen) - why can't he lead without the captain's armband?

Not at all, from day one i said Terry shouldnt have been stripped and Capello must agree with me other wise he wouldnt have gone against his word and give it back too him. You could see in games when he wasent captain the difference, that armband makes him even more passionate and willing. I think Vermaelen would suite more of a captain than Fabregas.

Not at all, from day one i said Terry shouldnt have been stripped and Capello must agree with me other wise he wouldnt have gone against his word and give it back too him. You could see in games when he wasent captain the difference, that armband makes him even more passionate and willing. I think Vermaelen would suite more of a captain than Fabregas.

I'm sure even with arm band Terry wouldn't have done any better in the WC. Still i dont get how an arm band can makes such a difference in the performance. He is not a kid to say like If I'm not captain I'm not gonna give 100% for the team..

I'm sure even with arm band Terry wouldn't have done any better in the WC. Still i dont get how an arm band can makes such a difference in the performance. He is not a kid to say like If I'm not captain I'm not gonna give 100% for the team..

Its a mental thing, some people love the responability and its easy to see that.

Its a mental thing, some people love the responability and its easy to see that.

With out armband also he had the responsibility of being senior player and England's leading defender in that squad. With or without arm band leaders do take up the responsibility. I have seen Giggs, Rio, Vidic, Gerrard, Carra, Gattuso all taking up the responsibility..

With out armband also he had the responsibility of being senior player and England's leading defender in that squad. With or without arm band leaders do take up the responsibility. I have seen Giggs, Rio, Vidic, Gerrard, Carra, Gattuso all taking up the responsibility..

But they are not Terry lol. Maldini was another who loved wearing the armband. Im not saying they play better but they love having the responcability and it just gives them that little bit extra.

But they are not Terry lol. Maldini was another who loved wearing the armband. Im not saying they play better but they love having the responcability and it just gives them that little bit extra.

Maldini even without arm band was the same player. The Best Defender of the 2 decades with or without arm band..

CJACKO11 said:

CJACKO11 said:

I think we should give Squil another season

sell Bendtner and buy a proven goalscorer to help RVP when he is off form/injured

A commanding defensive midfielder would be a great captain like De Rossi or Cambiasso, right? How can you not respect a meathead like that?

Chances are it wont happen though but to me Fabregas looks way too much of an introvert to be a captain. The only reason he is captain is because Wenger doesnt/didnt want to lose him.