jhl1989

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I started this thread to discuss in a serious manner about Arsenal's striker Park Chu Young. Mainly about why he was bought and never used.

Before you continue to read I would like to ask you guys to look into his career, before Arsenal, before commenting in this thread:

Park Chu Young

Though many people may not know him, and I don't blame him, he is a South Korean striker who was bought from AS Monaco in 2011 for 2.7 million Euros. Also Arsenal would've had to pay an additional 1.8 million Euros if he were excused from mandatory military service. This is by no means a small fee considering the fact he has barley played for the first team since 2011. Just after winning the bronze medal in the London Olympics with his national team over the Japanese, Park Chu Young returned to his club . However, Wegner told the South Korean striker that he would not be playing for the Gunners next season and that he had to look for another club instead.

Considering the facts let's get straight to the questions.

What do you think of his record before joining Arsenal?

Looking at his record would you consider him an average player or an above average player?

Why do you believe Wegner bought him in the first place? What strengths did he see in him so that he would spend atleast 2.7 millions Euros.

What would you have done if you were Wegner's place? Would you have used the player in your first team or as a backup?

Why, in your opinion, did Wegner never play the South Korean striker?

And last of all, what would you have felt or done in Park Chu Youngs place?

Though these turn of events did not end in favor for the South Korean, I pray that he never give up and find a new club where he can restart his career.