Arsene Wenger would be proud of this squad

SaintSinner

Reaction score
I am trying to manage on the footsteps of Arsene Wenger, have been able to assemble a squad of super young players.

Last season we had a barren season, reached the FA Cup but lost 2-1 to Aston Villa.

This season we are scoring goals, but again lost 5-3 against Man City at Eastlands. Was a cracker of a game though.

The only problem I have right now is the inefficiency of goalkeepers. I have almunia whos past his peak and areola whos far away from this PA. so i have playing with almunia in big matches and hoping to see areola progress in lesser-important matches.

There are only 4 players over the age of 25. van Persie, Arshavin, Sagna and Manuel Almunia. Average squad age of my team is 21. overall premier league av age is 24.

If areola makes enough progress this season, I will sign another gk instead of almunia as a backup and implement Areola as first-choice keeper. Also i am looking to sell van persie this january as i got Dzeko, Bendtner, Karadeniz and Babacar on loan to Salamanca and i play lone-striker.

Where the **** is Gallas? How are you ment to develope great young center backs when you havent got a superior center back at the club? Having a mixture a youth and experience is key tbh i was quite surprised that i didnt see gallas in the pics tbh/

rosicky left this season, as his contract was running out.and i had like 8 AMC at my disposal. with wilshere, barzite, marco verrati in reserves. should gallas to real madrid at the beginning of the game. krystov is developing well, and have got darnel situ in reserves.

YouMad.jpg

the whole point of this story is patience. i know it was a big risk that i took but my challenge was to make a squad of young players who can play unchanged for 10 seasons straight.

cant believe some of the players u bought and the ones u replaced them with

i know you say its about patience but you cant just get rid of certain key players and replace them with unknowns and expect to suceed???

why did you sell theo, he is one of the best players for arsenal, his stats are ****, but always plays very good

Walcott, Eduardo, Gallas- WHY??? I can understand Rosicky and would understand Senderos if Gallas was still there but you could have sold them for 15M if you would have signed them on an contract extension at the start of the game.

i play lone target man, so walcott and eduardo dint feature much. so had to sell them. selling gallas was a mistake, as i thought krystov would step up, which for a while he was doing good. i have vermaelen and krystov in CB. they arent that bad. but the main problem is GK.
my attacking options are not bad at all. i have vukcevic who scores great freekicks, diego buononatte, arshavin, nasri, wilshere, barazite, marco verrati who is developing very well.

no i wont be selling van persie, now i m all set. no more players to sell. whatever i have sorted out will stay the same for a long long time. the only player i need is a GK just for backup. can anyone suggest a GK? over 30 years, so that i can switch between areola.

i agree dont sell rvp, in my game, he was top goal scorer in both seasons
season 1 = 39
season 2 = 45
both in all comps

will keep you guys posted with my progress. its gonna be a tough one this season,but i m sure i could bring glory to emirates with my young squad. wish me luck.