Daz Swann

Reaction score
The Art Of Football 14.3.1 by Daz Swann
====================================================================================

I'll start by saying I am by no means some tactical genius. After a lot of disappointing results in previous patches I decided to head back to the drawing board and try a different approach to FM14. Rather than trying to create a tactic that produced the style of play I wanted my team to play, I decided I would study the ME and try create a tactic to exploit the ME. I'm not sure I have succeeded with that, but I have created something that does work.

Over the last few days I have been testing my tactic with a few different teams to see if I could create something that would work with most sides. I have come up with, the Art Of Football.

====================================================================================
The Tactic

View attachment 558835

The tactic is based around being solid in;

• Defence
  • Set-Pieces
  • Possession
  • Counter-Attacking

The idea behind this tactic is hitting the ME in a three ways;

• ME comes at you, turns the ball over and you hit them on the counter-attack.
  • When in possession, you pass the ball around probing forward & retaining possession. IF's break forward, BBM & F9 play through ball to them. They either take a shot resulting in a goal, corner or a deflection to an open net.
  • Jassars corner/FK setup keeps set pieces very efficient.

If you are a weaker side expect;

• Will not break any records for goal scoring (A lot of games will end 0-0, 1-0)
  • Will probably draw a lot of games you probably should lose
  • Have the lowest goals against average in the league

If you are strong side expect;

• Having the lowest goals against average
  • Depending on your offense, having a very good goal scoring record (2-3 a game)
  • Low amount of losses
===================================================================================
What you need?
====================================================================

• A decent GK (Good reflexes & Agility)
  • 2x CB that are tall, have good pace for your league (13+ in Premier League)
  • LB that has good offensive skills
  • RB that has good defensive skills
  • Anchor man that is good physically & defensively (Bender)
  • CM that is a good passer, tackler, & decisions (Carrick type player)
  • BBM is your engine, needs to be good all around (Honda or Oscar) Long shots a plus.
  • 2x Inside Forwards with good finishing & dribbling skills (Reus)
  • F9 with good creativity, passing, teamwork & decisions

Improving the GK & CB's is the most important things to do.

===================================================================================
Applying the Tactic
  • This tactic will take at least 10 friendlies to become close to fluid. (I recommend not employing this tactic halfway through a session unless you can get it fluid quickly)

Pre-Season Training;

View attachment 558831

During Season;

View attachment 558833

In game;

• I always start the game on Counter-Attack, unless I am a weak team which I will use Contain against a strong team.
  • I always gauge how the team is playing, if I am being dominated in possession when I am the better team then I will change to Control. If the other team is picking me a part I will change to Contain/Defensive.
  • In the last 20 mins of the game if I am drawing or winning I will change mentality to Contain to close out the game.
  • Only OI I use is show to weaker foot (I only apply this to any Strikers & AMC).
==================================================================================
Results & Testing
==================================================================================

I have tested this tactic with three teams in three different leagues.

(No screen shots of the below - If anyone knows how to go in to history to view past league tables etc, let me know)
View attachment 558838

Norway

I took Start, ranked 10th out of 16 teams at the start of the season to win the Norwegian Premier League (close battle).

Russia
Took over Terek with 10 games left in the season. Won 5 of those games, drew 2 and lost 3. The board were unhappy with the results and questioned my position. I resigned and this is part of the reason I don't recommend playing this tactic unless you have a decent amount of preseason games. I was offered the Anji job, ranked 11th out of 16 teams at the start of the next season & I won the Russian Premier League title with a game to spare thanks to having a full preseason under my belt.

France
Current - Just took over Lille, hoping to break up the PSG dominance.

England - Online Game

I am playing an online game with a friend and have had huge success so far with Man City.

Results/Table
View attachment 558840View attachment 558843View attachment 558936

Credits

Jassar
- Set pieces setup

Download

Download:
ART OF FOOTBALL

I would be interested in any feedback you have if you choose to use/test this tactic.

Cheers,

Daz Swann

Obvious complete rip off of the Wondertac. Played half a season with Chelsea, just above relegation. Barely any CCC's, only scores off set pieces IF YOU HAVE GREAT PLAYERS, **** poor offence, very average defense, often caught on the counter and ugly football in general.

Obvious complete rip off of the Wondertac.
How so? I just checked out the tactic you are talking about and the only thing remotely the same about these two tactics is the formation

Played half a season with Chelsea, just above relegation. Barely any CCC's, only scores off set pieces IF YOU HAVE GREAT PLAYERS, **** poor offence, very average defense, often caught on the counter and ugly football in general.
You should be around top of the league with Chelsea regardless of the tactic you used. If you are around relegation zone then you are possibly the worst manager to ever play FM. The tactic is only 10% of the results.