'Arte et Marte' - Forged in the furnace of Non-League - Proven in the Premier League

Rosler71

Reaction score
Greetings all,

My enthusiasm for FM14 remains unabated even after clocking over 1500 hours!

Despite the fact that I don't think anyone thinks FM14 will go down as one of the classic versions.

Anyway, I wanted to restart my Tonbridge Angels save all under 14.3.1. During my earlier save across about 5 different match engines it took me 19 seasons to go from Skrill South to winning the Premier League.

I knew it would likely be a more difficult road under 14.3.1...... and I wasn't wrong.

It started well, promoted from Skrill South the first season using my 442, but I then spent 5 season in the Skrill Premier narrowly missing out on the 1 auto promotion spot and losing in the playoffs.

Not my idea of fun.

Its was time for a re-think.

I noted that all the teams in the Skrill Premier were awful defensively, even the best defences conceded over 50 goals, the worst over 100.

That was the plan, I would defend my way of the division.

Set Up and Tactic

View attachment 347110

(note-from Man City test)

Results

Skrill Premier

View attachment 347109

Media Prediction 19th. Best defence by 22 goals!

Premier League Test

View attachment 347108

Comfortable League Win. 3 defeats all season, all 1-0. In 2 I was down to 10 men in first half.

2nd Season in League 2 and we're up. 2 promotions in 3 seasons with this tactic.

View attachment 347107

This is a 'Plug & Play Tactic'. I never changed any setting for even 1 second of any game.

DOWNLOAD

_Arte et Marte_

** I have included Jassar's set-pieces. Thanks and credit go to him. They're better than mine **

Player Attributes

Will elaborate further when i have time

Defensive Forwards - Finishing, Composure, Work Rate, Team Work

First 2 are obvious, these guys are still strikers. Work Rate to ensure they get across the pitch closing down and denying time and space to opponents. Team Work, getting big on this. The forward play from the Germany/Brazil game. Having an opportunity to shoot but seeing a team mate in a far better position and unselfishly playing them in. This is what we want.

Attacking Midfield - Finishing, Composure, Passing, Team Work

I view this guy as more of a goal scorer than creator. Maybe 60/40. In my Tonbridge save he was my leading scorer. He will often be our most advanced player. A Striker with partial familiarity with the AMC position would be a good candidate for re-training. The Attributes should be self explanatory.

Deep Lying Playmaker - Passing, Marking, Work Rate, Creativity

I Used Yaya Toure for City. Pretty much the archetype for this role. Good blend of attacking and defensive attributes. AMC/MC's with good defensive qualities can be good options for re-training. Get the best passer you can.

Anchor - Marking, Tackling, Positioning, Passing

First 3 should be obvious. With the attacking/fluid combo even our anchor likes to get involved in building and supporting attacks. He will see a lot of the ball. We don't want a weak passer here.

Wingbacks - Work Rate, Stamina, Acceleration, Crossing

That list of attributes could easily be extended, just get the best you can. If they can finish all the better.

Centre Backs - Jumping Reach, Marking, Tackling, Positioning

Nothing fancy required here. Just good, solid defenders. Put the quickest one in the middle of the 3.

GoalKeepers - Aerial Ability, Reflexes, One on One's, Concentration

Use you scout reports, get the best you can ensuring they are not weak in any of the above areas.

Greetings all,

My enthusiasm for FM14 remains unabated even after clocking over 1500 hours!

Despite the fact that I don't think anyone thinks FM14 will go down as one of the classic versions.

Anyway, I wanted to restart my Tonbridge Angels save all under 14.3.1. During my earlier save across about 5 different match engines it took me 19 seasons to go from Skrill South to winning the Premier League.

I knew it would likely be a more difficult road under 14.3.1...... and I wasn't wrong.

It started well, promoted from Skrill South the first season using my 442, but I then spent 5 season in the Skrill Premier narrowly missing out on the 1 auto promotion spot and losing in the playoffs.

Not my idea of fun.

Its was time for a re-think.

I noted that all the teams in the Skrill Premier were awful defensively, even the best defences conceded over 50 goals, the worst over 100.

That was the plan, I would defend my way of the division.

Set Up and Tactic

View attachment 664284

(note-from Man City test)

Results

Skrill Premier

View attachment 664286

Media Prediction 19th. Best defence by 22 goals!

Premier League Test

View attachment 664287

Comfortable League Win. 3 defeats all season, all 1-0. In 2 I was down to 10 men in first half.

2nd Season in League 2 and we're up. 2 promotions in 3 seasons with this tactic.

View attachment 664289

This is a 'Plug & Play Tactic'. I never changed any setting for even 1 second of any game.

DOWNLOAD

_Arte et Marte_

** I have included Jassar's set-pieces. Thanks and credit go to him. They're better than mine **

Training and Oi???

No OI.

Training, nothing special.

General = 2 weeks Fitness pre-season. Then 2 months on Team Blend. Then Balanced

Match = Tactics till fully fluid then leave on attacking movement.

Slider- Maximum match training until tactic is fully fluid then half way.

Wow first of all this tactic is quite amazing defensively and once its fluid can definitely score goals. I'm using everton and doing extremely well baines is the leagues top scorer so far with 8 goals.
my best win so far is a 4-0 win at home against chelsea where they didnt even manage to get 1 shot on target.

I do have a few questions though. do you have any recommendations for individual training like set to assistant or manually train them to their respective position and do you recommend and specific ppm's for certain players?

No hard and fast rules re training.

if in doubt i just train them for their roles.

I dont really go in for PPM's to be honest.

Ok will try that out.

It's a shame more people don't try this tactic it's really really good.

Just got promoted out of League 1 to the Championship.

Will put as screenshot up later.

That's 3 promotions in 5 seasons now.

I like the look of this Rosler, going to try it myself with a team in the skrill Premier. Did you come up against any Premier League sides in the cups? If you did how did the tactic fair against them?

started this last night with man utd, and pretty impressed so far including a 3-0 away victory at Man City on the opening day.

I like the look of this Rosler, going to try it myself with a team in the skrill Premier. Did you come up against any Premier League sides in the cups? If you did how did the tactic fair against them?

Cant claim any massive scalps, had a Premier Division West Ham team on the ropes when we were in league 2 before eventually losing 3-2. Last season as a League 1 team we knocked out 2 Championship teams. Realistically you can give a team in the division above a good game, but anything beyond that is a bit of stretch

started this last night with man utd, and pretty impressed so far including a 3-0 away victory at Man City on the opening day.

As Man UTD I would expect a comfortable league win and at least 1 other cup, unless circumstances conspire against you.

I too started last night, took on Luton and started off with 4 wins out of 4. The thing I like about this tactic already, is that your attackers get the goals. Probably won't be saying that when bigger teams come snapping them up!

Through to the 5th round of the FA Cup after beating Ipswich 1-0 at Portman Road.

Got Brentford in the 6th round, so hopeful of progressing further still.

Looks interesting
only sad thing with this and a few other tactics there is reported to produce steady good results, is the need for 5 or 6 players in the defensive line - but might give this a try at some point, if my own experiments fail :)

So we went on to beat Brentford!

We were then handed a 6th round encounter with Arsenal at home!!!!

started today with everton with new lfc update , i took everton cause i think they fit in this tactic there is not many winger players and whole team has high teamwork and workrate . and i must say it's very good 7 matches 6 wins and draw vs man city , won home arsenal from bigger teams and swansea away 2 signings rhodes and subotic, and rhodes and lukaku are doing excelent work