Resource icon

ARTETA 4-1-4-1 ATTACKING SEASON 2023-24 EMULATION ATTEMPT

Going to test the tactic. Do you use any OIs and what PPMs would you recommend for players ?

Going to test the tactic. Do you use any OIs and what PPMs would you recommend for players ?
As Opposition Instructions, I start following my assistant coach's advices if I do not know the opponent team well.If I know the opponent I will focus on their strongest players and assist men marking them forcing them to use weaker foot (only if they have one, if they are strong with both, it's not good to use this OI) then I start the match and see what happens, and change instructions
As for players qualities and PPMS, they must be good at passing, team working, vision and first touch, especially the midfielders, because Arteta wants much possession, besides, if you look at Gabriel Jesus's player traits, he has "likes ball played to feet" so it means he suits possession play. The cf should have also "comes deep to get ball" too. Plays one two is also a good trait for every player (not only CF) When not in possession, players who have "hug the touchline" trait suits Arteta's style because they stretch the play by staying wider and make himself available for a pass. Other traits can surely be "plays no through ball" , "slow down play now and then", "plays shorter simple passes". it helps to retain possession. Thats'all

As Opposition Instructions, I start following my assistant coach's advices if I do not know the opponent team well.If I know the opponent I will focus on their strongest players and assist men marking them forcing them to use weaker foot (only if they have one, if they are strong with both, it's not good to use this OI) then I start the match and see what happens, and change instructions
As for players qualities and PPMS, they must be good at passing, team working, vision and first touch, especially the midfielders, because Arteta wants much possession, besides, if you look at Gabriel Jesus's player traits, he has "likes ball played to feet" so it means he suits possession play. The cf should have also "comes deep to get ball" too. Plays one two is also a good trait for every player (not only CF) When not in possession, players who have "hug the touchline" trait suits Arteta's style because they stretch the play by staying wider and make himself available for a pass. Other traits can surely be "plays no through ball" , "slow down play now and then", "plays shorter simple passes". it helps to retain possession. Thats'all
I have tested the tactic with Arsenal, i didn't use any oi's but added short passes ppm, but away form od this tactic is very bad, I keep considing silly goals at away matches, can you suggest something to make away form better ?

ah I am sorry it did not work. if you see the opponent playing long ball behind your defense line and scoring like that, then you should:
1. leave the defensive line and pressing like as they are, but click on "drop off more" to ask your players to cover more
2. set your defensive line to standard too
if you are losing, instead of a lower tempo try a bit higher tempo and instead of much shorter passing, try shorter (move that line right of one slot)

One more question, can I change left iwb to wb? How's it gonna effect the tactic ? I found out that tactics work better when I use left wb instead of iwb.

I agree with your point, I also found out that wb work better than iwb on Football Manager 2023, iwb makes the flanks easier to exploit for the opponent because the iwb moves to the center. I wanted to emulate Arteta's Arsenal tactic, that's why I used the iwb, but I don't mean that my tactic is the perfect one, probably if you change to wb it will work better.