Arturo Vidal is a pain in the back side

hawkhunter22

Reaction score
I brought Arturo Vidal for 19mil, with Barcelona and he was fine in the pre-season, until my adviser asked me to put him in a rotational role and not key which caused a massive arguement and I try to be reasonable and using calm and say sorry but he won't back down, which restored me to use agressive way to say "stop being a ****** cry baby and get on with the football and give me some respect" and he still try to argue back...which resulting me putting him in a transfer list and everyone to tell me, am i doing the right thing or not???

Just to classify i am a world class reputation and all players respects me LOL.....

I say you did right by transferring him, hes not the most important player. There are far better suited defensive midfielders or midfielders in general. Take a M'Villa and Javi Martinez. I'd say if he were more 'important' to the team keep him, but nah. You may have to take a hit though, I doubt you will get 19mil for him.

You shouldn't have messed with his status in the first place

With that said, you did right by putting him in his place
Personally, I would've sent him to the reserves/b team until he learns who's boss rather than transfer list him but he'll probably beg to stay in awhile anyway

I accepted my mistake and I'll see what happens next, maybe around the next transfer, he might change.....don't know yet...but thanks for the comments.....

Yeah dont mess with the squad role unless hes been there a while not after just agreeing a contract, sell him and buy javi mart

Yeah I made this mistake with Abel Hernandez and just posted a thread about it. They really do whine too much, if you say sorry and change it back, come on? Would a real professional athlete refuse to talk to his coach for over a month because he changed his "squad status?" Seems a bit silly.
On the other hand, Arturo Vidal is a very quality player in my opinion, and one of the best penalty takers in the game. He does get a lot of cards though.

always read your backroom advice properly, this happens when you become complacent and just click :)

change him to Key player and move on, play him like normal and he will soon forget it.. take him off the transfer list as well!

i had a similar situation fining my star defender craig morgan at preston. I did it previously and his workrate/determination improved, but this time he wasn't happy. got into an argument like you and transfer listed and sold. I regret it now- results have dropped dramatically since he left, before he went we were literally unbeatable (even though he's a League 1 defender and I'm in the Eng Championship) and the fans are not happy as he was the player of the year last season.
Just make sure he's not an important cog in your team!

good thing is he's not important, but i cannot sell him because he's injured for 5 months, so i might put him in my B team and wait till the summer transfer window