Arturo Vidal - the King of Red Cards

Gannicus

Reaction score
I've had him for two seasons now and this guy ****** me off more than David Luiz (who is really good at giving away penalties).

1st. season:
4 red cards. 3 of them direct. At one point I really wanted to sell him straight away, but he's a **** good BMW (ball winning midfielder) when things go right. So I thought to myself, perhaps it's just the tactic I'm using. I kept him for another season.

2nd. season:
Using another tactive, non-aggressive tactic, still receives 3 red cards; and is it a coincidence that it happens to always be an important game whenever he decides to lose his mind?

3rd. season:
Goodbye Vidal, welcome to Juventus; Victor Wanyama.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone else who share the same frustration with me on Vidal? I swear I'll never use him again. Would pick him up on a free transfer though....
.....just to sell and make a bigger profit.

Starting second season with Juventus. In the first season he picked up one red card and a staggering 16 yellows.

Playing him as a BBM (Box to box midfielder), he's still a great player for me though.

I had that trouble with him, also had the same trouble with Fellaini so in my saves I've sold them off for less than their worth and ended up bringing in youngsters

ive had the same problem with evra its the patch maybe

Doesn't matter which team I am or whoever the player is, I don't play aggressive and even if they don't have 'dives into tackles' as a ppm, I still get loads of red cards, either straight reds for 2 footing someone or stupidly getting a second yellow, so annoying can't go a full season without a red card! -.-

I was forced to sell Verratti due to the same reason. He received 5 direct red cards in his first season and I lost the Champions League because of him..

Haven't tried De Rossi in this game, but I do remember him from the previous game. An excellent player to have on the pitch, as long as he managed to stay on the pitch :p

Its always nice when Vidal loses his mind when you are playing Juventus. :p Was able to secure a 0-0 Champions League draw against Juventus with my Maribor side. Knock out stage here I come.

Fellaini says hi.

Fellaini got 5 red cards in my second season. 4 of them direct. He's good though but i am considering to sell him.

Have you punished them for getting sent off. Tell them your disappointed in them getting sent off/warning then issue a fine and that?? That's a lot of red cards for one season

I always fine them 2 weeks wages if they get sent off for a stupid foul, ie 2 foot or a lunge at someone and if it's 2 yellows I leave it or warn them depending on situation of game

Nigel de Jong frustrated me this way last year (used him as an Anchor Man)

yet to sent off in this year's game even though I used him as a Half Back

Have you punished them for getting sent off. Tell them your disappointed in them getting sent off/warning then issue a fine and that?? That's a lot of red cards for one season
Of course, bro.

Direct red card: 2 weeks salary ban.
2 yellow cards: Warning, 1 or 2 week will always result in them getting ****** off at me (unless the player already have me as their favourite staff).

In new saves that I've made, I've brought in either one of the Bender brothers, those guys never fail me; even though I'm playing with the exact same tactic. So it's the players aggressiveness along with traits combined with my tactic that make players like Vidal receive red cards on the regular.

Since I wrote that post fellaini went and got a straight red for a 2 footed lunge. Haha out of control that lad

I have had a lot less red cards with my teams since I had the players stand off more and not get stuck in. That might help. Also, while it sucks, I do get a kick out of how you can see the red card coming before the tackle is even made. It's like the tackle starts in slow motion. I'm sitting there yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Hahaha, yeah I know exactly what you mean, you feel so helpless in those moments when you see your player jumping in like that.

I've played almost 20 games now with the patch that was released today(?) and I think perhaps they've done something with this problem that often occurs with aggressive players. I'm still playing the exact same tactic, but I'm barely receiving cards now!

#FeelsGoodMan

Last edited: