ARussell's 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 (Rock Solid Defence)

Just started using these tactics. I have really really struggled with many different tactics from these forums although some of them were good enough to get me promoted from Sussex County to the BlueSquare Premier with East Grinstead Town. Last season though we really struggled and ended up getting relegated to the BSS. I started the season with the Brobs tactic and it just didn't work and I had to change after a preseason and 5 league matches.

These tactics have been amazing although it is early days. I am about 6 games in with these and have lost only 1 by 1-0 (I tried the attacking one because I was at home). All the other results have been 2 or 3 nil (no goals conceded). I am using the match odds to decide which tactic to use. If I am odds on favourite I use the attacking one and if not the more defensive one. It has worked wonders. The defence really is rock solid and we are far from being fluid in the tactics.

Fingers crossed that this fantastic form continues. If it does then I have to thank you for creating the best tactics on this forum. I will keep you updated.

Great to hear that, would love for you to keep me updated on your results and any suggestions you have on improving the tactics

what about training ?

Well East Grinstead are only part time so the training is limited but I am using Balanced > Average and Match Prep as Def Positioning (as suggested in the OP). For the players I am choosing Individual training based on the stats I want improving, i.e. The strikers on Poacher to improve Finishing/Dribbling/Pace etc.

thanks pal, what about oi ? do u let ur *** man do them ?

I don't use them at all. The Assistant manager needs a Tactical Knowledge of 16 for you to be able to ask him (or another coach). At my league level that is impossible.

Anybody have any feedback on my tactics? would love to hear some of your opinions

Any update on the tactics? Like the formation cause its appliable to every team :)

Any update on the tactics? Like the formation cause its appliable to every team :)

personally im still using the same tactics even now with success but i would like to know how others are fairing with them

personally im still using the same tactics even now with success but i would like to know how others are fairing with them

How are you doing with the tactics now then? Have you used it on even smaller teams? :)

cheers

Which tactic is better I'm thinking about using the 433 because I want two inside forwards

How are you doing with the tactics now then? Have you used it on even smaller teams? :)

cheers

honestly i havent used them with smaller teams mainly because i havent got the patience to start a new save, i always find the first season extremely strange and fustrating.

Which tactic is better I'm thinking about using the 433 because I want two inside forwards

4-5-1 is better defensive but 4-2-3-1 is better attacking so i would just say either pick which you want more. As for the inside forwards you would be surprised to know that the winger in the 4-2-3-1 acts as a inside forward some of the time when going down the line is available

Anyone with updated results using one of the tactics?!

Thinking of giving it a go with Southampton maybe, want to now if someone could tell me if its working good witl lower ranked teams? :)

Thanks in advance