AUGUST
View attachment 303275
Unbeaten in the French top flight in our return! The new signings fit into the squad well and old players continue performing at the highest level. Lots of promising signs for the future.

-

Dijon 1 - 2 AS Monaco
MOTM: Phillip Wollschied (8.7)

Zaha, Kozak
Great first performance in Ligue 1 as we take on a familiar opponent. Gonalons got injured for a month and a half which weakens our defense significantly.

AS Monaco 2 - 0 Rennes
MOTM: Phillip Wollschied (8.6)

Wollschied, Ademilson
An impressive performance against an established top tier team. We never looked threatened at the back with Phillip "the rock" Wollschied bossing our back four. Ademilson and Kozak are also looking quite the partnership.

AS Monaco 3 - 0 Toulouse
MOTM: Gary Kagelmacher (8.5)

Kagelmacher, Kozak, Barazite
Another good win against an established top tier team. A CB gets himself on the score sheet again as he puts in a solid performance and it's nice to see he's adapting to Ligue 1. New boy Wilfried Zaha suffered an injury here which means it's back to Barazite on the right flank.

-

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 303276
Philipp Wollschield
He's slotted into the team so well and is a huge improvement on Sergi/Andrea. He's also netted his first league goal this month and is looking a steal for just £8.5m​

Sorry lads but there won't be an update today, my computers working very slow...

SEPTEMBER
View attachment 303934
In a tough month we take on our first European battle of my reign and face Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain in an important league match. New players are all ready starting to shine but could they keep up their impressive form?

-

PSG 3 - 1 AS Monaco
MOTM: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (9.0)

Kozak
I'm torn between this being a good result or a bad one. On the one hand we are a side which could realistically only be expected to survive this season - mid table at best, but on the other hand last season and in pre-season we played so well against the top French teams... Despite this it was an away match and as well as we play well at home I'm confident we can get a result. The team played very badly today.

AS Monaco 3 - 0 Stade Reims
MOTM: Libor Kozak (9.2)

Ademilson, Kozak x2
A straightforward win in which Kozak kept up his terrific form, the £2.4m we paid for him is seeming to be an absolute bargain.

AS Monaco 3 - 1 CRF Cluj
MOTM: Wellington Nem (9.3)

Wellington Nem x2, Ademilson
A real wake-up call for us here and we were 1-0 down very quickly. It wasn't until the 30th minute that Wellington Nem darted past 5 players before lashing a shot into the top corner. From there we played well and picked up a 3-1 victory.

Nantes 1 - 1 AS Monaco (3-4 on pens)
MOTM: Lucas Deaux (8.7)

Barazite
An interesting game in which there were 3 red cards (2 for us) and 2 penalties in regulation time (neither resulting in a red card), Barazite scored the first penalty in the 5th minute then missed one later. Enoh and Raggi were sent off for us.

Bordeaux 1 - 1 AS Monaco
MOTM: Wellington Nem (8.0)

Wellington Nem
Difficult match here against a good side. We fell behind early on and Wellington Nem saved us the points again. After this match we trail the leaders by 6 points but with one game in hand whereas we have two games in hand in the case of 2nd place PSG who we trail by 5 points.

-

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 303935
Libor Kozak
A great start for the Czech as he continues his great form for the club.​

OCTOBER
View attachment 304332
A mixed bag of results and poor performances leave myself questioning the premise of my first team.

-

Schalke 2 - 2 AS Monaco
MOTM: Lewis Holtby (9.0)

Ademilson, Kozak
A good performance away in Germany. Both strikers got on the scoresheet here and this result means we stay top of the group.

AS Monaco 2 - 0 Nancy
MOTM: Giorgos Tzevallas (8.6)

Overtoom, Wollschied
A good result keeping us in contention for a European slot in the league. Wollschied shows his class again.

Lille 3 - 2 AS Monaco
MOTM: Wellington Nem (8.9)

Kozak, Ocampos
Really unlucky here, we found ourself 1-0 down after 70 minutes before Kozak fired in a thunderous header from the near post. Minutes later Ocampos fired in what our fans thought was the winner but a late fightback from Lille meant we lost the points here.

AZ 0 - 5 AS Monaco
MOTM: Lucas Ocampos (9.3)

Zaha x2, Ocampos, Wellington Nem, Toure
An annihilation of AZ who I expected to put up more of a resistance tonight. Ultimately they couldn't compete against the skill of our youth.

AS Monaco 1 - 1 Lorient (3-2 on pens)
MOTM: Philipp Wollschied (8.6)

Wollschied
Poor result against a poor Ligue 1 side. We took the lead but couldn't hold it and to top it off Wellington Nem got an injury. Nontheless we're through to the next round.

-

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 304333
Lucas Ocampos
Good month for the Argentine. He's proved his versatility and talent by playing well at ST, ML and MR.​

NOVEMBER
View attachment 304410
A fantastic month in the league.

-

Monaco 3 - 0 Sochaux
MOTM: Giorgos Tzevallas (9.0)

Ocampos, Kagelmacher, Pouplin O.G.
A good result here in which we dominated. Kozak would of scored another league goal had Pouplin not scored his own goal.

AS Monaco 3 - 2 AZ
MOTM: Jakob Poulsen (9.0)

Poulsen x2, Ademilson
We should have been so much more comfortable, we led 2-0 going into HT but AZ were inspired in the second half and they went on to make it 2-2. A late Poulsen goal earned us the 3 points.

AS Monaco 2 - 1 Valenciennes
MOTM: Lucas Ocampos (9.0)

Ademilson, Ocampos
Good performance; we fell 1-0 down then replied instantly with two high quality goals.

AS Monaco 3 - 1 Evian TG
MOTM: Libor Kozak (9.1)

Kozak x2, Ademilson
Straightforward win to keep us in contention for a Champions league spot.

AS Monaco 3 - 1 Marseille
MOTM: Philipp Wollschied (8.7)

Wollschied, Kagelmacher, Kozak
Both CB's got on the scoresheet in this intense cup-match. Tzevallas continued to put in impressive performances.

Troyes 0 - 2 AS Monaco
MOTM: Danny Simpson (8.5)

Barazite, Kozak
Impressive performance away from home.

-

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 304413
Ademilson
Great month for the Brazilian although he's still not as prolific as Kozak.

DECEMBER
View attachment 304795
Fixture congestion is intense and is making things very hard for my AS Monaco side, despite this we go unbeaten this month.

-

CFR Cluj 1 - 2 AS Monaco
MOTM: Libor Kozak (7.9)

Ademilson, Kozak
Solid win here with both strikers scoring. Zaha picked up a knock so will be out for awhile.

AS Monaco 4 - 0 Le Havre
MOTM: Ademilson (9.0)

Wollschied, Ademilson x2, Kozak
A thrashing of last seasons rival showing just how much we've progressed, very happy with this.

Nice 0 - 4 AS Monaco
MOTM: Ademilson (8.9)

Ademilson x2, Kozak, Wellington Nem
Another game where we hammer the opposition. Ademilson increases his tally to 5 goals in 3 games, a very impressive return.

Montpellier 1 - 2 AS Monaco
MOTM: Philipp Wollschied (8.7)

Wollschied, Ademilson
Great result here to decrease the deficit between us and league leaders PSG against fellow title chasers Montpellier.

AS Monaco 2 - 1 Schalke
MOTM: Benedikt Howedes (8.2)

Tzevallas, Ekici
An interesting match here to decide who would go through as group winners; both teams had already qualified for the next round but a fantastic performance from underdogs Monaco secured the first place.

AS Monaco 2 - 1 Saint-Etienne
MOTM: Moustapha Bayal (9.0)

Toure, Appiah
Good performance here from an under strength team. Toure started ahead of Kozak and the decision proved a good one as Toure netted his first league goal in months in just the 6th minute of play. Appiah doubled the lead just 20 minutes later and Saint-Etiennes immediate reply wasn't enough to shift the momentum as we win the match we dominated.

-

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 304808
Giorgos Tzevallas
Another good month for the Greek fullback. Perhaps he deserved it last month as well but he picks it up this month with a number of great performance.​

JANUARY/TRANSFER UPDATE
View attachment 305546
View attachment 305549View attachment 305550
We sign no one this month but secure the signatures of two African stars at the end of their contracts. Traore is thought to be a long term target of Torres' Monaco side and has managed 7 goals from 19 games this season for an Anji side which has struggled to impress in the league in recent years despite financial backing. Belhanda will sign from Ligue 1 rivals Montpellier and the Morrocan has impressed so far with a return of 3 goals and 10 assists from just 21 appearances this season.

In the rest of the world Yarmolenko has signed for Manchester United for £15m in what has been an unusually inactive English transfer window. The other transfer of interest in the BPL is Jonny Evans' £6.75m switch to rivals Chelsea. In La Liga giants Real Madrid have signed winger Gabriel Torje from Udinese for £13.75m.

-

Niort 0 - 3 AS Monaco
MOTM: Jakob Poulsen (8.7)

Wellington Nem, Ademilson, Poulsen
A good win against a Niort side that found themselves in the third division of French football following a disappointing 12/13 season. The first goal was scored inside the first minute as Wellington Nem scored a peach of a finish following a skillful run from deep. From there Monaco never looked under pressure and went on to increase the deficit to 3 goals.

Lyon 0 - 3 AS Monaco
MOTM: Jakob Poulsen (9.2)

Poulsen, Gonalons, Kozak
A fantastic performance against one of Ligue 1's best teams. Former Lyon midfielder Maxime Gonalons looked really up for this game and made several surging runs forward which ultimately resulted in him picking up his first goal for the club.

AS Monaco 2 - 2 PSG (3-4 on pens)
MOTM: Libor Kozak (9.0)

Ademilson x2
A good performance here but unfortunately we couldn't come out on top in the lottery that is penalties which means we are out of the Coupe de la Ligue for the second year in a row albeit this year we made it to the semi-finals.

Rennes 1 - 2 AS Monaco
MOTM: Kevin Theophile-Catherine (8.0)

Wollscheid, Toure
Good result away at Rennes and Toure performs well again but sadly he still isn't playing well enough to convince me to start him ahead of Ademilson or Kozak. Wollschied also managed to improve his impressive scoring record here.

Creteil 0 - 3 AS Monaco
MOTM: Giorgos Tzevallas (8.4)

Kozak, Zaha, Ademilson
We made hard work of this in truth as we should have been much more comfortable against the Championnat National side.

Toulouse 3 - 0 AS Monaco
MOTM: Idrissa Gueye (9.3)

-
We got destroyed by Toulouse here today and it was a wake up call for my AS Monaco side. A very poor performance.

AS Monaco 2 - 3 PSG
MOTM: Javier Pastore (8.8)

Ademilson, Kozak
We fought hard here today but lost to a very strong PSG side at home today. It was a late Burdisso goal which cost us the points today. To add insult to injury Simpson picked up an injury.

-

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 305582
Maxime Gonalons
Been solid in midfield and scored his first goal for the club this month.​

Quick question, does anyone read this? Because if not I don't see the point in continuing?

FEBRUARY
View attachment 306532
The hard work in training paid off as we went unbeaten in all competitions this month with only one draw against Olympique Lyon.

-

Stade Reims 0 - 4 AS Monaco
MOTM: Wilfried Zaha (9.0)

Ekici, Ademilson, Kozak, Ocampos
We bounce back from two successive defeats by hammering Reims a massive 4-0. Zaha ran the show from RM and Ekici nets a crucial league goal for his confidence.

AS Monaco 1 - 1 Lyon
MOTM: Felipe Baloy (7.7)

Toure
Wollschied and Nem got injuries in this match which was annoying and this result meant our form wasn't amazing going into a game against Valenciennes.

Valenciennes 0 - 1 AS Monaco
MOTM: Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (8.2)

Ademilson
A game where we sustained 3 injuries; Appiah, Simpson and Kozak all picked up knocks.

AS Monaco 3 - 0 Lorient
MOTM: Ibrahima Toure (8.9)

Ademilson, Toure x2
Ocampos got injured this game and this isn't just a knock, he'll be out for a while.

AS Monaco 5 - 2 Bordeaux
MOTM: Jakob Poulsen (9.0)

Enoh, Gonalons, Zaha, Toure, Ademilson
Enoh also got sent off 2/3rds of the way in. But fantastic victory - this is title winning form! Both holding midfielders impressed here today even though one of them was consigned to playing CB due to injuries.

Sporting CP 0 - 4 AS Monaco
MOTM: Wilfied Zaha (9.3)

Zaha, Poulsen, Ademilson, Nem
We destroyed Sporting in Lisbon despite being heavy favorites to lose this match. Enoh picked up a serious injury minutes after coming on and Nem also picked up a knock this game. Still, this pretty much assured our place in the next round of the Europa league.

Nancy 1 - 2 AS Monaco
MOTM: Andre Luiz (8.3)

Ademilson, Raggi
Sourzac picked up a knock this game but thankfully he was able to see out the 90 minutes. Nancy could have gotten so much more out of this match as they missed a penalty in the 4th minute of added time in the first half and missed their chance to go 2-1 up.

AS Monaco 1 - 0 Sporting CP
MOTM: Wellington Nem (8.2)

Wellington Nem
We finished what we started setting up a tie with Arsenal in the next round. I played a somewhat weakened team here with Zaha starting as striker as opposed to his usual RM role.

-

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 306546
Wilfied Zaha
Goals and assists galore for the young star here.

MARCH
View attachment 306720
A tough month in Europe and in the domestic league for us.

-

Loreint 1 - 0 AS Monaco
MOTM: Mathieu Contadeur (7.8)

-
A poor result here which meant PSG had the opportunity to reduce our lead at the top of the table.

AS Monaco 6 - 1 Boulonge
MOTM: Nacer Barazite (9.5)

Salli x2, Ocampos x2, Barazite x2
We bounce back by annihilating the opposing side. It was a mostly reserve team out here as well.

Arsenal 3 - 1 AS Monaco
MOTM: Maxime Gonalons (8.5)

Kozak
We struggled badly at the Emirates today with only one first team CB fit so young Appiah would partner Kagelmacher here. His inexperience showed when he put in a 3rd goal in the dying seconds of the match. This match came exactly one day after beating Boulonge.

AS Monaco 4 - 1 Marseille
MOTM: Lucas Ocampos (9.0)

Ocampos, Kozak, Toure, Wollscheid
Good response to the loss against Arsenal by thrashing rivals Marseille at home. Ocampos proved impressive in yet another game this month. Salvador Bochetti got a red card late on.

AS Monaco 2 - 4 Arsenal
MOTM: Santi Cazorla (9.0)

Poulsen, Tzevallas
When Poulsen scored in the 6th minute I thought we were in for a good chance of making a come back here but sadly the lack of any first team CB meant that we were playing young Simon as one of our CB's and his inexperience showed as he scored an own goal late on again. This meant we lost a massive 3-7 on aggregate.

Nancy 0 - 1 AS Monaco
MOTM: Philipp Wollscheid (8.5)

Ademilson
Should of won by a bigger margin but the 3 points we got today will be important in the long run.

AS Monaco 1 - 1 Nice
MOTM: Renato Civelli (8.7)

Wellington Nem
Despite our fierce rivals being ten places lower then us we couldn't capitalize on it and get the three points today.

-

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 306721
Lucas Ocampos
Impressive month for the young lad as he continues to show his potential.

I think you were unlucky against arsenal.But victorious against Marseille just great! And in my opinion it's time for a change now,you should listen to offers of continental or Word Class Clubs.If any.

I think you were unlucky against arsenal.But victorious against Marseille just great! And in my opinion it's time for a change now,you should listen to offers of continental or Word Class Clubs.If any.

To be honest it'll probably be decided by the budget that the board give me next season; I'd expect atleast £30m seeing as we're "oil-rich".

To be honest it'll probably be decided by the budget that the board give me next season; I'd expect atleast £30m seeing as we're "oil-rich".

let's see what will happen

Loved reading this so far, as I'm currently on season two with Monaco as well. Fun to see what we've done differently as well as what ended up the same. I signed Wellington Nem first season too, and went for Kozak a bit sooner than you, getting him in the first season. Also picked up Sissokko second season as Toulousse were relegated (and he's been an absolute beast for me), as has Destro who came in on a free. Other significant signings, both in season 1: Will Hughes and Leon Goretzka, both developing nicely.

Strangely also managed to slightly mirror your first season, although my cup of choice for having european footy as a promoted team was the league cup.

And you're doing slightly better than me in the league, I'm 4th in february, but the top two are out of sight, third I can catch with a few lucky results.

Oh, and I too had to plug a few holes in defense. Tzavallas needed competion on the left, so brought in Benoit Assou-Ekotto cheaply from Spurs, upgraded Wolf in the middle of defense with Salvatore Bochetti from Juve, also pretty cheaply, and competition for Appiah on the right: Sebastien Corchia (far from cheap, but I now have two great right backs in their early twenties, that's that position sorted for a decade).

Last edited:
Loved reading this so far, as I'm currently on season two with Monaco as well. Fun to see what we've done differently as well as what ended up the same. I signed Wellington Nem first season too, and went for Kozak a bit sooner than you, getting him in the first season. Also picked up Sissokko second season as Toulousse were relegated (and he's been an absolute beast for me), as has Destro who came in on a free. Other significant signings, both in season 1: Will Hughes and Leon Goretzka, both developing nicely.

Strangely also managed to slightly mirror your first season, although my cup of choice for having european footy as a promoted team was the league cup.

And you're doing slightly better than me in the league, I'm 4th in february, but the top two are out of sight, third I can catch with a few lucky results.

Oh, and I too had to plug a few holes in defense. Tzavallas needed competion on the left, so brought in Benoit Assou-Ekotto cheaply from Spurs, upgraded Wolf in the middle of defense with Salvatore Bochetti from Juve, also pretty cheaply, and competition for Appiah on the right: Sebastien Corchia (far from cheap, but I now have two great right backs in their early twenties, that's that position sorted for a decade).

Well seeing as I don't plan on writing up the end of the season I'll tell you what progress I've made past March. I'm coming up to the 36th game of the season as we speak and myself and PSG are a good 10 points clear of 3rd place with myself 2 points clear of PSG with them dropping points last game. I'm expecting to take the title seeing as my last few games are against ASSE, OM and Dijon - the later are sitting in 7th/8th place.

After this season I want to strengthen the defense because Raggi isn't up to scratch and I'm aiming for Kurt Zouma. I've isolated a regen LB who has potential to be amazing and I expect I'll pick him up ASAP. I also looked into bringing in Hughes but first season I didn't think he'd play so passed up the chance to bring him in then.

Looking to the future I've signed three regens on pre-contract deals.

EDIT: I won the title with one game left :D

Last edited:
I think you should continue this story! iv just started on with Monaco tonight, signed Wellington Nem, Adryan, Ademilson also.
I am enjoying reading through your story i hope you continue it even though its been a week :/

Thank you for the feedback but I won't be continuing this however I do plan on starting a new story up (either the SM Challenge or the CL Challenge) tonight or Saturday.