Reaction score
Centre back for Roma January 1st Season patch 11.3.0 £8m to spend. Must be EU national. Would prefer Italian but open to recommendation.

Thank you

i see. david astori? sorry if these are duff suggestions but im at work with no access to fm. top of head stuff.

Yeah if you want an Italian CB worthy of Roma those are the only names I can think of; Bonucci won't be interested either as he's at Juve and the others aren't good enough.

i see. david astori? sorry if these are duff suggestions but im at work with no access to fm. top of head stuff.

Is that David Astori from Cagliari?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Not a bad shout but isns't he still half owned by Juventus? If he is he probably won't be interested, but in the other case he might be a good idea.

I agree I could do with cover on the left of defence will look into him

Have you sold any of the ones you start with or have they been injured or something? I have a nice healthy rotation going on between Mexes, Juan and the Burdisso brothers.

Could always try Cris from Lyon. He's good but 33.

Alessandro Gamberini - Fiorentina
Diego Lugano - Fenerbahce (Uruguayan but holds Italian citizenship)
Federico Fazio - Sevilla (Argentinian but holds Italian citizenship)
Davide Astori - Cagliari/AC Milan
Fabiano Santacroce - Napoli
Fabricio Coloccini - Newcastle (Argentinian but holds Italian citizenship)
Rafael Toloi - Goias (Brazilian but holds Italian citizenship)

Just some players I could find with Italian citizenship hopefully of some use to you

Benedikt Howedes? - think you can get him for 8m
Arne Friedrich?
Per Mertesacker?
Ryan Shawcross
Josip Simunic

Leonal Galeano from indepditie (sp) for around 5-6m is quality, my first choice for Barca in 2019. Only 19 and gets better quick, I think he has dual nationality with Spain but I can't remember if he had that before I signed him

I have just had Jan Vertonghen offered to me for £10m?

Id say snap him up, he is a great ball playing defender and can play DM/CM in times of crisis for you too, but be quick and use the media as he generally goes to Man Utd