jjrroen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Someone an idee how to succeed with As. Roma?
I tried different formations, different transfers in begin of saison.. my best saison so far 3 place and winning the cup..

So someone idee for:
*tactic
*players to sell
*players to buy
*use the young players ore rent them?

so you put bradley and de rossi before defense, who on the right and left wing?

My Ideal 11
Destro/Totti-Totti/Osvaldo
Lamela - Pjanic
De Rossi-Tachtsidis
Balzaretti-Castán-Burdisso-Piris
Stekelenburg
try buy some good CB Castán and Burdisso isn't much quality

Last edited:
My Ideal 11
Destro/Totti-Totti/Osvaldo
Lamela - Pjanic
De Rossi-Tachtsidis
Balzaretti-Castán-Burdisso-Piris
Stekelenburg
try buy some good CB Castán and Burdisso isn't much quality
I played the same formation but it wasnt a succes

4-3-3 or 4-5-1 is romas orignale formation. But this get realy hard on fm because in italy they play alot with 3 man defances. And 3 man defances vs 1 striker is hard. You will need a other formation in thease matches.

" try using this against teams like parma juventus etc(the teams with 3 man defances). http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/116467-arrigo-sacchis-4-4-2-high-pressure-attacking-tactic-top-teams-underdogs.html"

And agree with the other guy what you really need to change is your cbs. Roma has a great team so with a few great cbs you'll have a competitive team.

I play Florenzi, he's turned into a machine and sold pjanic for 21m

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...s-recreation-tactic-13-3-3-a.html#post1746549

give that a shot and see if it works

are you getting in the best coaching staff? who are you buying and selling?
I played a 4231 almost the same tactic, but it's difficult with 1striker against 3 central defenders..
i sold pjanic and bought the right back of fcp lost his name..
also the biggest problem is that lamela and osvaldo on the left and right doesn't score goals and bring to less assist for my striker totti ore destro.. the boy florenzi was amazing as attacking midfielder scored a lot but only 2 assist..
also had albiol on loan

Last edited:
4-3-3 or 4-5-1 is romas orignale formation. But this get realy hard on fm because in italy they play alot with 3 man defances. And 3 man defances vs 1 striker is hard. You will need a other formation in thease matches.

" try using this against teams like parma juventus etc(the teams with 3 man defances). http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/116467-arrigo-sacchis-4-4-2-high-pressure-attacking-tactic-top-teams-underdogs.html"

And agree with the other guy what you really need to change is your cbs. Roma has a great team so with a few great cbs you'll have a competitive team.
i know that tactic well, played i also but i think roma don;t have the players to play.. maybe sell osvaldo and pjanic than you would have around 40m and you need to buy first of all 2 cb and 2 wingers.. and what with lamela..

Inside-forwards pjanic on the left and lamela on the right. Lamela is the best. Would never sell him
florenzi rotate with Pjanic and get another on on the right to rotate with lamela?

Inside-forwards pjanic on the left and lamela on the right. Lamela is the best. Would never sell him
florenzi rotate with Pjanic and get another on on the right to rotate with lamela?
yeah play always with lamela but never was really the top player i expect from him.. and pjanic never tried he can play inside forward?

Hmm thats strange, hes a really talented guy. yeah he can thats what he do in real life :)

I play with original sacchi tactic and tweaked trequartista sacchi tactic....check it out sacchi tweak thread.

I play with milan...they are also rubbish this year-big challenge!

You could buy Burdisso(CB) from Boca he is very good, iirc they want 5m~ for him

You could buy Burdisso(CB) from Boca he is very good, iirc they want 5m~ for him
its fun to have both the bros on the pitch :]
in my save, i spend time to develop Romanogli, he turns out really well in 2nd season.

Make sure u buy destro before the end of the season, the 2 clubs have a clause where u can choose to buy him for around 4mil if I remember right..that was on the other patch n things may have changed since, but worth having a look to check