PH

Reaction score
Just starting a new game with Roma so I'm in July 2012.

Starting with a very small budget decided to sell Osvaldo for 20m and Pjanic for 13.75m to Chelsea and PSG respectively. Have 90% of revenue received so now have a decent kitty to improve the areas of the squad.

So far I've bought:

Destro 3.9m - already on loan but clause where I can buy for 3.9
Diame 3.5m - Another release clause, to provide rotation for De Rossi/Bradley
Peruzzi 5m - Needed a long term quality right back
Neal Maupay 1.2m - Precontract agreement, obvious purchase

Trying to buy/Looking at:

Viktor Fischer 8-9m - Another long term buy, think he'd be good rotation for AML/R
Simon Kjaer - 3.5m-ish - Desperate need a CB or two
Toby Alderwield 8.5m - Worth it? Tempted but it's a lot of money w/ cheaper alternatives.
Dennis Praet 3-4m - Might buy as back up to Florenzi, looking at others though
Strandberg 1m - FM13 classic, worth as backup to CB/DM?
Ahmed Musa 12-14m - Any experience of this kid? Not sure how he develops but his pace already makes him an attractive prospect

Looking for opinions of those players + players for AML, AMR, CM (more creative player, backup/roation), CB and ST. Budget current is 20-25m but looking at the possibility of selling Stekelenburg for around 10 to increase that.

Haven't given any roles like AP/DLP as I'm not sure what tactic to use so if anyone has any recommendation I'd be happy to try some. Feel I should be using IF on the wings with Erik Lamela in my squad though. Always struggled in the past with Roma but now I'm looking at a 41221 (433) style one.

Cheers.

Last edited:
CM - Poli. Cheap & would be great alongside De Rossi.

CB - Doria, perhaps.

With Roma, i'd probably say use Raikans Dortmund tactic, Totti in behind, Florenzi/Lamela on the wings. Destro will bang the goals in, i have him on my Milan save.

Ok cool thanks. I'm having a look at Poli now, hopefully I can get him for under 10m.

I'm on the latest patch so I think Doria is out of the question.

Cheers, just having a look at that tactic now. Any ideas for a striker I can use as rotation/backup to Destro?

Maupay should be a more then good enough backup to Destro.

look at Gaitan for AML/AMR position.. guess 10-12m, and decent wages..
& Wanyama for CB/DM/CM long term prospect...

Is it only me that thinks you could have sold Pjanic for more than that?

look at Kelvin from FCP?

Yes to kjaer, CB & LB cover.
Probably NO to Fischer with your limited budget...
toby alderweireld turns a great CB! YES
Gaitan>Musa
Praet & Strandberg would be decent too..