CalcioItalia

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I wanted to have some input on some players to buy for my five year Roma plan. Please take time to go through it since it took me a while to write up thank you :)

-Introduction:So, the team I have been playing with is AS Roma, I have been fairly successful with the club in the first season (2011/2012) getting ti the euro cup semi-finals and 3rd in the league. My main issue is that as many of you know Roma has alot of old players, and I am slowly getting rid of the old players and finding younger matches.

-Money: Available around 15m (euros) considering that if I sell Daniele De Rossi I could make it alot more, problem is I think he is essential to tutor my developing players. I might be able to get to 20m since I might sell pizzarro, burdisso and simplicio after their loans end with other clubs.

-Current Lineup: I play with 4-1-2-2-1

GK: Stekelenburg, Has been playing great rating of 7.93 one of the best in the Serie A at the moment
LWB: Jose Angel, Young and developing rapily got Van Aanholt from chelsea to mabye replace him if I choose to sell him.
CB:Astori/Juan, Got him in January transfers for something 10m big investment but worth it! Juan is 33..
CB:Kajer/Heinze, on loan might try to get him to stay, Heinze is going away to corinthians for free since I didn't offer him a new contract.
RWB:Vrsaljko great young player fans love him
DM: De Rossi/Gago unfortunately gago is only on loan and it will be hard to get him for cheap...
DLP:Verratti/bertolacci My jem, great player teams playmaker. Bertolacci is another great player sending him on loan to lecce to get a bit more games.
BBM: Pjanic only real backup to him is greco that isn't that great at all..
LIF:Willian/lamela two players that are promising just haven't dully delivered yet but waiting for them to grow
RIF: Osvaldo/fetfazidis the first has been playing amazing the later has not been to great thinking of loaning him
ST: Paloschi/Bojan/Totti Great players, Paloschi and bojan are quicker while totti has a great shot.

-My thoughts
So yeah I bought ALOT of players mabye some I should have spared (willian when i splashed 12m over 48 months and fetfa 6m over 48 months too) but with my plan of rejuvenation for the team I need to sell the old players and get some promising young ones in.

-Signings for future season or players to sell/loan (Help!!)
Now what I need help with ( If you have been still reading of course :p... )

-CB: I am looking for a young center back that can also play in the first team. I was thinking: Prestia? Benedetti? Not too sure so HELP me out here.

-DM: With Gago leaving and De Rossi being left alone I need a new young player or mabye two to fill in for him... I was thinking if I sold him I might be able to get fellaini but it might not work out. I tried crisetig but he doesn't want anything to do with my contracts. So HELP me here too please.

-CM: So here is another gap i think is pretty bad in my team missing a playing with 2 cm means i need them both to be quality. Looking here for a young player. Ideas for me were Poli, Ekdal mabye? So Help here to.

-IF:As you saw I have alot of young inside forwards that are all doing ok except osvaldo thats been playing great. Should I keep them in my team as I am rotating and putting them on the bench? Or mabye loan a few and buy a older and more directly impactful player?

-ST: Bojan is leaving after his loan and paloschi is good but i'm looking for another player to pair with him or replace him since totti is getting old and can give tutoring. My ideas were mattia destro?

-Conclusion
So that is the team and that is what I think I should get new players, I think my focus is more on getting 5 or players that can develop in my 5 year plan rather than splash the cash on old players that reached their potential. Please leave me your thoughts/opinions on what I should do, this took me some time to write so it would be very much appreciated!

-Thank you.

Last edited:
for midfield poli.. best mid in the game later

umm poli can also play dm as he can tackle and mark.. for striker id say carlos fierro (sp).. or leigh griffiths who will be amazing.. cb prestia is very good. or maybe scout for a few first year regens. in brazil or argentina youll find crazy mofos dere.. keep de rossi his great for tutoring.. espicily poli.. or if you can get 20 mil for him take it...

Midfield: Ericksen can be got cheap about 7.5 million but turn into one of worlds best.

nahhh erickson.. his stats are bad in this years edition... poli by 25 will have like 18 or 19 pass and lots of 16 and aboves..

Hi mate,
Alot of effort on the thread, nice :)

DM/MC - positions I would Yttergard, not sure how much he would cost as his would probably have moved first season

BBM - Try and snap up Andrea Jali, a great player from South Africa, normally ends up at West Ham first season on my saves if i don't sign him up

CB - Have a look at Ciss - Tromso, good solid Italian styled defender, van slot in a t LB too if needed...

ST - Everyone will probably reccomend him but for good reason Quintero, he is a beast!! shouldn't cost for than 3-4m

Other than that I'd get your scouts doing some work on the regens...

Hi mate,
Alot of effort on the thread, nice :)

DM/MC - positions I would Yttergard, not sure how much he would cost as his would probably have moved first season

BBM - Try and snap up Andrea Jali, a great player from South Africa, normally ends up at West Ham first season on my saves if i don't sign him up

CB - Have a look at Ciss - Tromso, good solid Italian styled defender, van slot in a t LB too if needed...

ST - Everyone will probably reccomend him but for good reason Quintero, he is a beast!! shouldn't cost for than 3-4m

Other than that I'd get your scouts doing some work on the regens...

Thanks,
ST: I will try to get Quintero and if they ask to much I will settle for the cheaper fierro.
DM: Yttergard seems like a solid player, but Badelj is also on my radar but he seems on the rather expensive side.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Thanks,
ST: I will try to get Quintero and if they ask to much I will settle for the cheaper fierro.
DM: Yttergard seems like a solid player, but Badelj is also on my radar but he seems on the rather expensive side.
What do you think?
Fierro and Badelj are good choices ... Fierro becomes a beast but not going to get any instant fireworks ... badelj is well over rated in my opinion ... try looking at Hervin Ogenda, he's bin Champions League topgoalscorer 4 years running for OM on my Staines save...

Also, I wouldn't pass on Jali unless he's out of your budget...

as a central defender you may consider Michele Camporese from Bologna, Prestia is a great talent, if you want another talent try Rugani (not ready for 1st team though)
for your central midfield Federico Casarini from Bologna or Battocchio from Udinese (can aslo paly as defensive midfielder but less convinsing to me)
And give the IF's some more chances
As striker, Destro is good, but look to Gabbiadini once, great talent but same as Prestia, not ready for first team.

Last edited: