IronTusk

Reaction score
In FM 13 there was an option to discuss a players future and as they got close to the end of their career they say they would be happy to become a coach (whilst still playing) and they then start doing their badges etc.

I cant seem to find the option to do this in FM 14?

Go to private chat -> development -> recommend possible future staff role

I find it all the time...First look upon long term plans in their information tab...If there is something there, than go talk with them and tell them they should do exactly that...this will boost their moral...sometime they want to be something you don't have the option for it so don't tell them anything...

Not sure about this FM, but a neat trick of mine is to chat to them a future coaching role at the club. Tell them they can start right away and about a week or so afterwards they'll fire their agent (because they believe they don't need them no longer).

Once they've fired their agent, it's the perrrffeeeectt time to open contract renewal talks ;D

However for this trick to work, they have to be sufficient old to be thinking about retirment (usually about 31 +)

When I told a a player who wants to be a scout (age 29) that he should do just that he suggested to start right away...I told him I still need him as a player...

When I told a a player who wants to be a scout (age 29) that he should do just that he suggested to start right away...I told him I still need him as a player...
You can have him as a scout/player maybe? Just keep him to scouting on your home country?

You can have him as a scout/player maybe? Just keep him to scouting on your home country?
When a player has long term plans you don't get to see his staff attributes...So it is kind of risky...If you hire him as scout he takes the place of your better scouts...The board will not let you sign him as a scout if you reached your quota limit...I think only at the end of season you would see that...But i'm not sure of it...