Asmir Begovic Pulled out of Stoke Carling Cup clash

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Stoke City keeper Asmir Begovic asked to be left out of Stoke Citys Carling Cup squad against Shrewsbury surely mouting pressure for a move to Chelsea. He has also stated today he is flatterd from the intrest from the Champions, surely this will make for some tension when Stoke travel to Stamford Bridge this Saturday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11701_6332932,00.html

http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~2133743,00.html

I would love to see Asmir At Chelsea especially with the 2 back-up keepers we have at the moment. He would also Fit under the Home-Grown rota because he joined Portsmouth in 2003.

Discuss?

I think he should play, moving or not, he is a stoke city player, and has to put the club's interests first,

i also think he should have played but maybe this is his only way of getting his point across to pulis.

He's a good keeper and im surprised he's been playing second fiddle to Thomas Sorensen at Stoke.
Would welcome him at the Bridge, Hilario and Turnbull are useless.

He's a good keeper and im surprised he's been playing second fiddle to Thomas Sorensen at Stoke.
Would welcome him at the Bridge, Hilario and Turnbull are useless.

Dont be like that towards Hilario, He is a good keeper *Im portuguese, Im defending him because of that also*

Hardly seen him play, don't think he's played much at all, but Chelsea need a decent back up. Hate to pee on this thread, but Transfer rumour thread?

Hilario has had some excellent game for Chelsea but as you know its the bad games that stand out when you are a keeper. when he leaves/retires from chelsea he will be remembered im sure, but Begovic is a much better shot stopper and better at commanding the defence i believe.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Hardly seen him play, don't think he's played much at all, but Chelsea need a decent back up. Hate to pee on this thread, but Transfer rumour thread?

i just thought the main title was the him rejecting to play not the possible move to Chelsea.

Hilario has had some excellent game for Chelsea but as you know its the bad games that stand out when you are a keeper. when he leaves/retires from chelsea he will be remembered im sure, but Begovic is a much better shot stopper and better at commanding the defence i believe.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

i just thought the main title was the him rejecting to play not the possible move to Chelsea.

Yes, you may be correct mate, but Hilario was always a second choice because Petr still his a fantastic keeper, and that reflects on how he plays ..

Yes, you may be correct mate, but Hilario was always a second choice because Petr still his a fantastic keeper, and that reflects on how he plays ..

yer agreed, i just think Chelsea fans find it hard to rely on Hilario after the Man City game last season at Stamford Bridge when atleast 2 off the goals was definatly his fault.

yer agreed, i just think Chelsea fans find it hard to rely on Hilario after the Man City game last season at Stamford Bridge when atleast 2 off the goals was definatly his fault.

What about the goal from Fabio Aurelio in the CL , from a free kick, that was embarassing mate, a former(sorry) world class keeper shouldnt be like that(talking about Petr) .. Mourinho brought Hilario for some reason, mostly for backup but Mourinho isnt dumb, he must have bougt him for some reason, he could have signed better and younger keepers, but for some reason he chose him ..

thought about it, but there is also an actual story here about him not playing, like with mascherano and city

hilario is decent but makes too many mistakes to go with his good days, and you cant afford that as a goal keeper

What about the goal from Fabio Aurelio in the CL , from a free kick, that was embarassing mate, a former(sorry) world class keeper shouldnt be like that(talking about Petr) .. Mourinho brought Hilario for some reason, mostly for backup but Mourinho isnt dumb, he must have bougt him for some reason, he could have signed better and younger keepers, but for some reason he chose him ..

what i heard was that Jose and Hilario have always been good friends and it was a major factor to bring him to Chelsea. but your little rant about Cech isen't true especially the back end of last seasons and he is carrying on his form this season so far aswell. When you are a keeper at Chelsea you need to be mentaly strong because you might not need to do anythink for 20-30 minutes and they all of a sudden you need to make a world class save. also i would like to add that around the time when Cech let in that Aurelio free kick he was making quite a few mistakes for club and country but i have found out why. He found out he needed glasses so he was coming for things to early or seeing things too late, so towards the Hiddink era he has been wearing contact lenses and i think everyone can agree he has massivly picked up his form again and won the golden glove award last season. He also currently holds the Premiership record for fewest appearances required to reach 100 clean sheets, having done so in 180 league appearances.

Last edited:
what i heard was that Jose and Hilario have always been good friends and it was a major factor to bring him to Chelsea. but your little rant about Cech isen't true especially the back end of last seasons and he is carrying on his form this season so far aswell. When you are a keeper at Chelsea you need to be mentaly strong because you might not need to do anythink for 20-30 minutes and they all of a sudden you need to make a world class save. also i would like to add that around the time when Cech let in that Aurelio free kick he was making quite a few mistakes for club and country but i have found out why. He found out he needed glasses so he was coming for things to early or seeing things too late, so towards the Hiddink era he has been wearing contact lenses and i think everyone can agree he has massivly picked up his form again.

Ive only writted the 'former' due to injury that he suffered, and because of that, the football world started to say that he wasnt the keeper that once was, that he was scared to get injured again, and I completely understand, if it was me, I would be scared too .. Dont get me wrong mate, Petr Cech is one of my favourite Keepers, the only one that tops him is my dear Gianluigi Buffon . Ive followed Cech since the Rennes times ..

Ive only writted the 'former' due to injury that he suffered, and because of that, the football world started to say that he wasnt the keeper that once was, that he was scared to get injured again, and I completely understand, if it was me, I would be scared too .. Dont get me wrong mate, Petr Cech is one of my favourite Keepers, the only one that tops him is my dear Gianluigi Buffon . Ive followed Cech since the Rennes times ..

yer i agree he will be a little bit scared but even Chelsea fans have picked up on his form, especially from the back end of last season. he is catching crosses easily again, making close range saves etc. and yer i love buffon aswell i mean who dosen't. i think he will be recognised again especially this season.

and cheers for the friend request, your a nice dude.

yer i agree he will be a little bit scared but even Chelsea fans have picked up on his form, especially from the back end of last season. he is catching crosses easily again, making close range saves etc. and yer i love buffon aswell i mean who dosen't. i think he will be recognised again especially this season.

He deserves it, no doubt about it mate, I hope he rises to the occasion once again ;)

good stuff, what you think about Begovic, have you seen much of the lad?

To be honest, No! he played very little for Pompey, and was loaned 3 or 4 times, to Yeovil and Bristol City, I think . Im just wondering what Ancelotti saw in him, or the scouts ..

To be honest, No! he played very little for Pompey, and was loaned 3 or 4 times, to Yeovil and Bristol City, I think . Im just wondering what Ancelotti saw in him, or the scouts ..

i think maybe because the lads only 23 and counts as home grown. maybe he can step up training with a club like chelsea im not sure.

Back