Asmir Begovic Pulled out of Stoke Carling Cup clash

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K
i think maybe because the lads only 23 and counts as home grown. maybe he can step up training with a club like chelsea im not sure.

Until Petr retires Begovic will learn a lot from him I suppose mate ! And later, or sooner, if Cech gets injured, Asmir can step up and earn respect from the fans ..

I think all the criticism on Hilario is a tad unfair, yes, he makes mistakes, but who doesn't? Look at Pepe Reina last weekend against Arsenal, normally our most consistent and reliable performer yet, he makes a mistake that cost us 3 points, but nobody's critisized him in which the way Robert Green was vilified.

I think theirs a lot more pressure on the back-up goalkeepers at the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea. Simply because when they do get a chance, they're filling in for two of the best goalkeepers in the world. Two goalkeepers who their fans see week in - week out, pull off top class saves. So, the minute the back-up goalkeeper is placed in the team, there's double the pressure straight away, because their every move is under immense obervation etc etc.

Am i the only one to think this is a load of tosh?

Chelsea have Hilario and Turnbull, and however useless we may think he is, Carlo Ancelotti rates Hilario above Turnbull, meaning in Carlos mind he has 3 solid goalkeepers, so why would he need another?

If Begovic is holding out for a move to a bigger club, it will be to Arsenal imo.

I'm sure that regardless of the keeper situation at Chelsea, if Ancelotti thinks Begovic is talented enough or a suitable buy then he will buy him. I don't see him going to Arsenal, but likewise if Wenger thinks that then he will bid. I've seen him play once, and have no comment on his performance, but he's rated pretty highly.

He will provide good cover for Cech,Hilario and Turnbull are not quite up to scratch

pulis put carlo nash in front of him, as begovic refused to play. Stoke want around 6million for hhim

Am i the only one to think this is a load of tosh?

Chelsea have Hilario and Turnbull, and however useless we may think he is, Carlo Ancelotti rates Hilario above Turnbull, meaning in Carlos mind he has 3 solid goalkeepers, so why would he need another?

If Begovic is holding out for a move to a bigger club, it will be to Arsenal imo.

Stoke are considering an improved offer from Chelsea for the lad. Lets be honest he is a better prospect than Turnbull and i think after pre-season Carlo has lost faith in Hilario also.

What is all this about the players deciding when they want to play?

Managers are too soft on them.

What is all this about the players deciding when they want to play?

Managers are too soft on them.

if i was a manager and a player refused to play for me then i would make sure he would be on his way the next day and not pay his wages, simple as that.

Stoke are considering an improved offer from Chelsea for the lad. Lets be honest he is a better prospect than Turnbull and i think after pre-season Carlo has lost faith in Hilario also.

Fair enough, all the possible transfer talk about him recently had been over a move to Arsenal, just seemed a bit odd that he suddenly refuses to play due to Chelsea interest. Can see him fading away at Chelsea though, they will no doubt buy a big name stopper when Cech declines/leaves.

Last edited:
Havent seen him play much tbh, Loads of people rate him, but why would he want to go and be a bench warmer at Chelsea instead of maybe dropping down a tier and playing week in week out?

Oh, thats right, money.

Fair enough, all the possible transfer talk about him recently had been over a move to Arsenal, just seemed a bit odd that he suddenly refuses to play due to Chelsea interest. Can see him fading away at Chelsea thoug, they will no doubt by a big name stopper when Cech declines/leaves.

well it is a little bit strange because Cech is only 28 so lets say he plays until he is 35 that is 8 years left in him. Begovic is already 23 so unless Chelsea end up selling Cech i cant see where he will get games, unless he is happy being a number 2 at Chelsea.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Apparently Stoke have rejected Chelsea's new offer and don't welcome another.

lately yer he has been very dodgy, but the lad has kept a clean sheet against Barcelona and more i can't remember off the top of my head.

Chelsea were rumoured to buy him XD WHY???

Stories like this are a disgrace, I hope Stoke suspend him and refuse to sell him (if that is what he wants) at least until January purely as punishment. He has the chance to come through as Sorenson's understand who will probably soon become back-up, yet he wants to throw it away for a move to Chelsea and be fourth choice?

There is obviously somebody whispering in his ear from outside the club however I'm very dubious over whether it's Chelsea, seems like they would just be throwing money away..

Begovic just has to play football, he's a good young keeper. Going from Pompey to Stoke to Chelsea is a good rise.. but he hasn't played the amount of games to prove himself and may find himself on the Bench for a very long time at chelsea.. which could ruin him. Chelsea should just buy him and loan him back out for first team football if they do..

well it is a little bit strange because Cech is only 28 so lets say he plays until he is 35 that is 8 years left in him. Begovic is already 23 so unless Chelsea end up selling Cech i cant see where he will get games, unless he is happy being a number 2 at Chelsea.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Apparently Stoke have rejected Chelsea's new offer and don't welcome another.

Buy him when mate ? when he is 35 ? Maybe Milan could ****** him up in the last stage of his carrer, Italy hastons of old keepers ..

Stories like this are a disgrace, I hope Stoke suspend him and refuse to sell him (if that is what he wants) at least until January purely as punishment. He has the chance to come through as Sorenson's understand who will probably soon become back-up, yet he wants to throw it away for a move to Chelsea and be fourth choice?

There is obviously somebody whispering in his ear from outside the club however I'm very dubious over whether it's Chelsea, seems like they would just be throwing money away..

i actually agree with that but that mean pool should also do this to Mascherano.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Buy him when mate ? when he is 35 ? Maybe Milan could ****** him up in the last stage of his carrer, Italy hastons of old keepers ..

they proberly would haha. i can see Cech finishing his carear at Chelsea anyway so the number 1 position is taken for a while anyway.

i actually agree with that but that mean pool should also do this to Mascherano.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

they proberly would haha. i can see Cech finishing his carear at Chelsea anyway so the number 1 position is taken for a while anyway.

Age doesnt forgive anyone mate, I think he will be number till he reaches 32 or 33, that's my opinion ..

then again with keepers they can go on for longer i mean look at van der saar and david james.
i think cech has got 10 years left in him, which is why begovic quite frankly is an idiot in my opinion, he needs to play as much as possible this stage of his career, 2-3 good years could see him as first teamer for a good european level side

Back