Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC)

Nathan

Reaction score
It's been seven days since Ubisoft began ramping up its teaser campaign for the fourth installment in it's 28 million-unit-selling Assassin's Creed franchise, and today came the payoff. This morning, the publisher officially announced Assassin's Creed Revelations, saying the game will arrive for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC this November.

AssassinsCreedRevelations_82084_embed.jpg

Calling it "the final chapter of the Ezio trilogy," Ubisoft said that Revelations will follow its Renaissance-era wetworks maestro, who was first introduced in Assassin's Creed II. This time out, Ezio will visit the haunts of original Assassin's Creed protagonist Altair, visiting such Middle East strongholds as the Ottoman Empire's Constantinople. There, Ezio will once again take up arms against the Templar order.

In addition to its single-player storyline, Revelations will retain the franchise's multiplayer component, which was introduced with last year's well-regarded Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. The publisher promises to update the online component with new modes, maps, and characters.

Ubisoft has pulled in a host of studios to bring Revelations to market. In addition to its flagship Montreal studio, Ubisoft's France, Quebec, Singapore, and Romania outfits, as well as Massive Entertainment have been tapped to lend a hand on the project. The publisher expects to have the game on-hand for this year's E3, where its press conference is scheduled for Monday, June 6 at 2:30 p.m. PST.

Nom nom nom. Each game in the series has been an improvement, so I can't wait for this one.

Thought they were stopping the Ezio storyline after Brotherhood. It's much better than the Assassin creed 1 storyline though, never completed that one.

Loved 2 and brotherhood.

Being honest I hoped that they would have finished the Ezio story with Brotherhood and that they would have introduced a new character and setting.

Ezio again? I haven't really enjoyed the later games. I preferred the first game. Really hated the ending to both Ezio stories. Will get it, complete it and trade it no doubt.

holy **** so awesome, cheers for the info Nathan! I do really like Ezio so will be fun to play him again, especially in a new place. Wonder what new weapons there will be. How many new games are coming out in November though?! It's crazy! BF3, this, Skyrim, probs another Cod

holy **** so awesome, cheers for the info Nathan! I do really like Ezio so will be fun to play him again, especially in a new place. Wonder what new weapons there will be. How many new games are coming out in November though?! It's crazy! BF3, this, Skyrim, probs another Cod

Yes, Ezio give me a lot of fun. When I feel lonely, company Ezio with me. It's really great.

I loved AC1 and 2 but I haven't got around to buying Brotherhood yet. I will have to get it before this comes out :)

Really enjoyed Assassins Creed 2 & Brotherhood, but I couldn't stand the original.

Here's hoping for more of the same, with some nice additions of course.

The game will be set in Constantinople, which will be split into 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata). Another key point to note is that Ezio will be over 50 years old in the game. There’s lots more. You can go through them below.
We’ve the lot for you below:

• The bulk of the game is set in Constantinople which will be split into 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata)
  • You’ll also visit Cappadocia
  • Ezio is over 50 years old in this game
  • Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city. UBI says that it speeds up navigation by about 30%
  • You can also use the hookblade to reach out and pull enemies in for a combo
  • Ezio can now make bombs through a crafting system. UBI says that there are over 300 bomb types
  • They’ve modified the control scheme so that circle/B will control the hookblade and triangle/Y will control project weapons and bombs
  • Eagles vision has become eagle sense. “Eagle sense let’s you focus on a character and see where he’s been,” Amancio says. “You’ll get an approximation of where he will go. If you’re able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush.”
  • They’ve expanded on the Borgia Towers concept in order to create a new system. Throughout the city there are Assassin’s Den’s, you’ll need to complete various assault scenarios in order take down the Templar presence (UBI says that there’s more variety than in the Borgia Towers). Once you obtain a den you’ll be able to upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops. You’ll also be able to change the guards from being hostile to neutral.
  • You can lose control of you dens as you gain notoriety. You’ll be able to send your own troops after the templars if you’re unable to make it back to the specific den that’s being attacked. You can do that by making it to any of the other dens that you currently control. You’ll also be able to install a master assassin to control a specific den and you’ll never have to worry about it being taken over.
  • The assassin leveling mechanic has been increased from 10 to 15
  • In order to make the world more immersive they’ve done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help
  • They’re using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an “intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire.”
  • Desmond is placed back inside Animus where he finds a safe mode called the ‘Black Room’. You’ll be able to access Desmond’s lost memories through that back door
  • The gameplay during Desmond’s game is described as narrative-fueled puzzle sequences. “Through the manipulation and creation of geometry with the game world, Desmond seeks to reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious.”
  • Multiplayer is returning but this time they’re trying to give more focus to the narrative since that’s a big part of AC
  • You’ll be able to custom your character appearance and weapons as well as create guilds.
http://www.gamersmint.com/gi-assassins-creed-revelations-details-revealed

Last edited:
Great that they're making another Assassins but tbh I would have preferred to have a new character.

Need to change the setting to China/Japan clearly.

Some images from Game Informer in the spoiler below.

acrfirst610.jpg

acrevcover610.jpg

gami_218_cov_a.jpg

gami_218_cov_a_front.jpg

I thought, and hoped, this would finally be Desmond's time to shine. AC1&2 and were necessary, even Brotherhood, but I don't see what else Desmond needs from the animus. I'll give no second thoughts to buy it, and I'm sure Ubi have/will come up with a clever way for Desmond to further require the Animus, but I'm a bit dissapointed we couldn't focus on his story.

We start our coverage of Revelations with a bang. Our video interview reveals how multiplayer is evolving in the new game.

Andreane Meunier is the Live Team Producer on Assassin's Creed Revelations, which is a fancy way of saying that she helps coordinate all the online features and interactivity that will help Revelations shine. During our recent visit to Ubisoft Montreal, she was kind enough to sit down and share some details about exactly what is changing about the multiplayer experience in Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Like Brotherhood, Revelations' multiplayer mode is a central element of the experience. The cat-and-mouse gameplay concepts that were so popular in Brotherhood will return, but they'll be accompanied by a number of changes that increase flexibility and affect how players interact with the game. There's also an extensive degree of customization and storytelling that has now worked its way into the multiplayer modes.

Video Interview

Nathan you just love to give us info about highly anticipated games ;) much appreciated :)

Alexandre Amancio shares his thoughts on storytelling, gameplay, and how Revelations will set the stage for Assassin's Creed III.

Assassin's Creed Revelations is a big game. It's so big, in fact, that the game has six different Ubisoft studios working together in order to complete the game by this November. Behind those hundreds of Ubisoft employees is a guiding creative principle -- a single person whose job it is to coordinate all the game's creative output into a meaningful whole.

For Revelations, that task falls to Alexandre Amancio. Amancio joined Ubisoft as art director on the gorgeous Far Cry 2, but his interests began to evolve towards design in more recent years. Upon our visit to Ubisoft Montreal, we had the opportunity to sit down with Amancio and talk with him about his most ambitious project to date -- serving as creative director on Assassin's Creed Revelations.

In this first video, Amancio discusses the challenges and rewards of developing the new game. What is involved in coordinating the creative output for a game built in six different places around the world?

In the second of our interviews, Amancio details Ubisoft's storytelling strategy with Assassin's Creed. What makes it a numbered entry or not? What can we expect in Assassin's Creed III?

In our final conversation, Amancio briefly describes his philosophy on narrative and gameplay, and how modern games will increasingly merge the two concepts in a way that no other medium could allow.

Video Interviews

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bulk of your time in the Assassin’s Creed series is spent exploring historical settings, but the story is just as much about Desmond as his ancestors. While previous titles have focused on Ezio and Altaïr, Revelations will spend more time developing Desmond as a character – which means that the events happening in the present-day timeline will be important.

During our visit to Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin’s Creed Revelations’ script writer Darby McDevitt explained how previous events in the modern-day period will figure into the this game, and the key developments that should be given special attention. We’ve distilled these conversations down to five major points you should know before starting Revelations.

AC Revelations: Back To The Present - Features - www.GameInformer.com

Some more information in the link above, contains some spoilers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The development team behind Assassin's Creed Revelations is one of the biggest in Ubisoft's history.

According to US retailer mag Game Informer, in addition to nearly 200 employees at Ubisoft Montreal, the publisher has enlisted support from Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Massive in Sweden, Ubisoft Singapore, Ubisoft Quebec City and Ubisoft Bucharest.

"Assassin's Creed has always been a Montreal production, and Montreal remains the lead studio," Creative director Alexandre Amancio explained.

"But this is a huge game. The amount of time and data that goes into all of these systems to build the game is tremendous. So it's a cooperative venture. We have different studios cooperating on different elements of the game."

The last Assassin's Creed, Brotherhood, was developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Annecy, Singapore, Bucharest and Québec City. Considering how good that turned out, we're very optimistic.

News: Assassin's Creed Revelations team 'one of biggest in Ubisoft history' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Ubisoft has revealed a few of the characters you'll be meeting in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

As detailed in a Game Informer report, there will be a number of new faces alongside franchise regulars Desmond, Altair and Ezio.

Real life historical figure Manuel Palaeologos is a filthy rich aristocrat with ties to both the old Byzantine ruling elite as well as the Templar order. Apparently you'll need to figure out where his true loyalties lie.

Sofia Sorto is Ezio's love interest in the game. Based on the subject of Albrecht Durer's painting Portrait of a Young Venetian Woman, she's an Italian emigré who runs a book shop in Constantinople.

Prince Suleiman is the teenage heir to the Ottoman Empire embroiled in a precarious family feud about the impending succession. Wise old Ezio will impart some of his knowledge to the young lad throughout the game.
Finally, Yusuf Tazim is the master assassin in Constantinople and a friendly rival of Ezio who introduces you to the hook blade – one the title's new gameplay features.

Four multiplayer characters were also revealed: The Vanguard – a female Cossack from Odessa; The Guardian: an estranged cousin of the Sultan of the Sennar Sultanate; The Bombardier - a member of a group of anti-Ottoman rebels; and The Sentinel - a begrudged former assassin.

AC: Revelations characters detailed News - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ssin-s-creed-revelations.aspx?PostPageIndex=1 - more information.