Assessment Centre

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Anyone ever attended one when trying to find a job?

Have one with BP on the 20th of May and have no idea what to think/do or what it will entail. It is from 8am till 4:30pm, brickin it already!

Help!

isnt it just like team excercises, tests etc

yea alot of places do this now like ask you stupid questions like if you were an animal what kind of animal would you be and why

even ****** places like asda and argos do it, i've been to two stupid things where you have to work in pairs/groups and answer pointless questions.

Numerical Reasoning test, verbal reasoning test, technical interview, competency interview and individual exercise is scheduled.

Well good luck with that Redders. I guess the best thing to do is not be yourself as your a complete **** :p

just reminds me of the office training thing stuff like this and that just ripped it for how daft they all really are

Haha that was one of the great episodes where they were on the training day. Might have to rewatch it!

I went on one with HSBC in January (got the job btw)

there was 10 of us and they split us up into 2 groups. First exercise we had to ask 2 questions and figure out which card was missing. 2nd we had to use a box and draw and stick stuff on this box to show what HSBC means to us, they also made us work out what materials we were going to buy beforehand and we coudl only use those materials whilst making it.

I had a numerical reasoning test and a verbal reasoning test but this wasnt at the assesment centre was a different day.

Numerical stuff is easy if your good at maths, mine involved number sequences and what was the missing number. Hard aprt was that i had 30 seconds to answer each question

my verbal reasoning was to read a paragraph and answer questions on it, had a few paragraphs to read.

Just be yourself really, I was. Had a good crack on with the assesors I spoke clearer than I normally do so they could understand my accent

Unfortunately i didn't get the BP job, although i thought the AC went quite well!

I have however been invited for an interview with BAE Systems..

BAE Systems is the premier global defence and aerospace company delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, information technology solutions and customer support services. With 97,500 employees worldwide, BAE Systems' sales exceeded £15.7 billion (US$ $31.4 billion) in 2007.

It was scheduled at short notice, and will be on Wednesday. It will probably be my last attempt at getting a job *pauses to watch boobies on dexter* for my placement...so wish me luck :).

Aww shame about BP. I hope you get that other job though, sounds pretty cool.

Woo I got the BAE Systems job, received the call this afternoon. Don't know why but secretly i had a good feeling about this one.

Start on the 18th Aug, after many security checks (they work closely with the MOD).

Ooh cool. Good luck with that Redders and make sure you work hard as it could lead to a full-time job after university :D