Assistant Manager handling friendlies is annoying

eyedea

Reaction score
haven't found this anywhere else, maybe no one cares about this specific issue, but here goes =)

Is there a way you can make your assistant not pick your best players all the time during friendly matches? It's really annoying... I remember in older versions of games, when assistant would usualy rest best players (especialy if friendlies occured during season) and constantly use those of needing match fitness, but now, let's say, I play 4 games in 4 days, assistant usually makes the team of best players (regarding their fitness and condition) and some u-18 players - most of my backup players never get to play anything (no reserve teams) so they gain no match fitness at all. This is quite annoying if your squad is let's say 25-30 players high, considering assistant only uses 4-5 substitues during a friendly match (instead of 7,8,9...)

Any suggestions? It's cool, I don't mind playing friendlies during pre-season, so I can have a better look at youngsters and new signings, but the game just takes forever, when playing some of the eastern and southern european leagues, where there's usualy a winter break (that greater leagues don't really have) aswell, meaning literally 2 pre-seasons...

cheers! =))

Instead of telling your asst. manager to take control of friendlies. Pick the team yourself and then go on holiday for one day and activate the keep team selection in the holiday screen.

friendly matches for me mean nothing.... results dont matter....

I don't really pay attention to the teams that my assistant picks, but I don't struggle with players lacking match fitness prior to the season even with a large squad. Any stragglers that might still be lacking (due to injuries or internationals etc.), usually quickly catch up if I make them available for the reserves until match fit.