Reaction score
I need a new assistant manager. The one I have at the minute has stats of 15 for both judging ability and potential. I was think of hiring a scout as an assistant manager as I only use them for judging player ability.

What exactly does an assistant do in the game? Is there any reason why I couldn't hie a scout?

Your AM will also give you tactical advice, so needs a high tactical knowledge score, and man management and motivation are also useful. Scouts won't usually have these stats high. It also depends on how hands on you are, ie do you leave teamtalks, match prep etc to your AM? If so a scout probably won't cut it, the AM does a lot more than just compile player reports.

Really? Having a scout as an assistant manager? Why... I usually go for Colin Cooper with any lower Prem/ Championship club because he's one of the best around.

Assistants to do it all really, coach, judge your players ability, give tactical advice, often control the reserves, they can give team talks, handle press conferences, amongst over things. So a good all rounded is needed really.

AM need to be multiskilled in versatile, the main attributes for an AM are the following:

1) tactical knowledge (for opposition instructions and pre-game reports)
2) motivating (team talks and training)
3) man management
4) judging PA/CA (only when signing players will he give feedback, scouts compile reports)
5) determination and 1 good coaching stat (added bonus if he has 4* or more in one training department)

then certain things which are added like working with youngsters if you have a young squad and let him control the U/18's or reserves. Adaptiblity if he is foreign!

so he is the most important staff member you can have, if you can only get lower league AM etc then I would suggest looking at the 1st 3 points I have suggested at least :)