peterbolam78

Reaction score
Does my assistant manager when put in charge of general training, work on what he thinks we need or will he have a bias, Ian Cathro is my Assistant at Newcastle and he seems obsessed with ball control for general training

All coaches have hidden attributes. One of these is their training preference.
Usually, it corresponds to their training focus. if they train in defense, then they will train in defense more, similarly with everything else.
Easiest way to solve the problem if there is one, is to make a note that reminds you every week/month to change the training to whatever you want. Doesnt depend on a hidden ability of a coach to run your training.

Yes I agree they do have hidden attributes which affect their training a little. Also you can see what tactic he prefers and structure and mentality. Of course the main attributes needed are the judging player ability and potential ability, but there are also important ones like motivation, tactical knowledge, determination and discipline. Also adaptability if he is a foreign assistant. This is an assistant manager guide. https://youtu.be/mJUNqz3bYXE