assistant manager or coach that has a different preferred formation to your formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigertailz001

Reaction score
Assistant manager or coach that has a different preferred formation to your formation

Does it matter if your assistant manager & coaches etc have a different preferred formation to your formation trying play? ie I play 4-2-3-1 Denmark style and assistant manager preferred formation is 4-4-2?. Surely your staff should be on the page as you!, because that would make it difficult in the English leagues because a lot of English staff have 4-4-2 as there preferred formation!. If that is right what about playing styles as well?, makes it specially very difficult at lower league level, or is it best to stick with clubs preferred formation & playing style to start with?. And if you employed a Director of Football that prefers to play your formation would they sign players and non-playing staff that play your way?.

Last edited:
Does it matter if your assistant manager & coaches etc have a different preferred formation to your formation trying play? ie I play 4-2-3-1 Denmark style and assistant manager preferred formation is 4-4-2?. Surely your staff should be on the page as you!, because that would make it difficult in the English leagues because a lot of English staff have 4-4-2 as there preferred formation!. If that is right what about playing styles as well?, makes it specially very difficult at lower league level, or is it best to stick with clubs preferred formation & playing style to start with?. And if you employed a Director of Football that prefers to play your formation would they sign players and non-playing staff that play your way?.
Hasn't anyone got any suggestion or advice on subject!

makes no difference at all mate.. I assume if you go on holiday and leave your AM to take charge without setting "use current match tactics" he would play using his formation on the day!

not sure about DoF, never really used them at all to be honest, don't trust them negotiating contracts and finding players for me...

I believe so far if you employ staff who prefer playing style ,closing down style and marking style same your way.You can get faster improvement squad.

makes no difference at all mate.. I assume if you go on holiday and leave your AM to take charge without setting "use current match tactics" he would play using his formation on the day!

not sure about DoF, never really used them at all to be honest, don't trust them negotiating contracts and finding players for me..
Do you know if non-playing staff change their preferred formation, because in older version's I thought I noticed they did?, if you stayed long enough at one club with same staff?, would be right on that?. And why is it that a good 90% of British non-playing staff prefer 4-4-2 formation, when 4-4-2 is old fashioned formation and a lot of British clubs have been playing different formations for least ten years or more?.

not sure about DoF, never really used them at all to be honest, don't trust them negotiating contracts and finding players for me...

They negotiate contracts with players but its up to you if you want to confirm the transfer or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.