Reaction score
Just started my Arsenal save with Pat Rice as my Assistant Manager with very high stats. Just would like to know if any of you fellow players automatically change your Assistant Manager. If so how?

My thinking is that I want someone who used to play fairly recently and enjoyed success. I have Steve Bould youth coach, Liam Brady (was intiallyemploed as a scout, so I changed him to youth coach) Martin Keown as scout. For some reason couldnt find Tony Adams on staff search. I want someone with a strong link to the club that the fans and players respect. So I thinking of promoting Steve Bould to my assistant manager

Or if you do change your assistant manager do you look outside of your club?

Or do you not bother changing?

i change my assistant everytime i start a new game but thats because most of the time im a small club

with an assistant like pat rice you shouldnt need anyone else for arsenal strong link to the club and a brilliant assistant

I'm Brighton and I'm actually scared to get rid of my assistant as he still plays for me, Taricco. I'm worried that if I sack him he'll get the hump and affect team morale or something. What makes a good assistant, anyway?

If im a big club i usually appoint Franco Baldini or Carlos Queiroz at the start. They are always available and world class assistants.

I've read that a good assistant needs high Man Management, Adaptability, Motivation and Tactical Knowledge. High Judging Player Ability/Potential is also a must.

Whenever I'm Newcastle I kick Peter Beardsley out and get Jerome Drouin. He's got MM:18 Ad: 16: Mot: 16 and TK: 14

He's the best I can get for Newcastle in the beginning really. I've started many games over again, and he's had the same stats all the time.