Assistants influence on players that want to sign for the club

Nisbet

Reaction score
I have always been aware that the nationality that you set for yourself as manager along with your reputation has an influence on players that want to sign for the club that you are managing, however I never realised the influence that an assistant could have.

I am currently doing a combination of 2 challenges that I made up:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../112091-life%92s-beach-holiday-challenge.html

and

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../111678-fc-united-manchester-rags-riches.html

I am currently in the Blue Square Premier with FC United of Manchester and I have had Andy van der Meyde as my Assistant manager for a year.

View attachment 300361

Since then I have managed to bring in 5 Dutch players of a very decent standard for the league I'm in.

View attachment 300362

Bare in mind I have only loaded up the English leagues.

I don't think that there is any chance that I would have managed to bring in these players if I had not appointed him as my assistant.

View attachment 300363View attachment 300364View attachment 300365View attachment 300366View attachment 300367

I know that these players are not world beaters but when you consider that I'm in the BSP they are pretty decent, especially the 2 defenders.

I think that especially when managing a smaller club you should give serious consideration to the nationality of your assistant as it could have a major influence on what players you are able to bring in.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

images

2 more Dutch lads join the Red Rebels bringing the total to 7! Quite incredible.

View attachment 300378View attachment 300379

Not bad left back for BSP!

The Dutch influence continues to grow...

interesting, remember though eventually dutch will come the clubs language not english so it could be difficult, silver lining is the chemestry will be sick haha>>>