striker with support Duty, non roaming
2 wingers any role with attack Duty, non roaming
1 AMC any role with attack Duty, non roaming
2 CMs any role with defend Duty
2 fbs with support Duty
2 central defenders with defend or stopper + cover Duty
1 SK with support Duty

Fluid fludity, control mentality

This formation features straight lines, so its good for direct passing...its not flat, so not good for go route one. It doesnt feature that many triangles like structured formations do, so not good for short passing or retaining possession.
Longer passess are played for a reason, and the reason should be because the middle is congested, so play slightly narrower and close down slightly less to avoid doubling or tripling up on opponents. Not fully narrow, as you are not attacking.
Also, push slightly higher to both win the ball sooner, congest the middle, and tire out your players less.
Youre using better roles, required by fluid fluidity, like central defenders, so you want them to keep the ball longer, not pass it immediately, so lower your tempo slightly to make them hold on to ball longer. It will also give them time to setup a proper zone with pushed up def line...

use this at home at a narrow pitch.

Last edited:
striker with support Duty, non roaming
2 wingers any role with attack Duty, non roaming
1 AMC with attack Duty, non roaming
2 CM with defend Duty
2 fb with support Duty
2 central defenders with defend or stopper + cover Duty
1 SK with support Duty

Fluid fludity, control mentality

This formation features straight lines, so its good for direct passing...its not flat, so not good for go route one, it doesnt feature that many triangles, like structured formations do, so not good for short passing or retaining possession.
You need to use pressing with so many forward players, so to increase the effect of pressing, play slightly narrower. Not fully narrow, as you are not attacking.
Also, increase pressing one notch.
Pressing will tire out your players, so push slightly higher to both win the ball sooner, and tire out your players less.
Youre using better roles, required by fluid fluidity, like central defenders, so you want them to keep the ball longer, not pass it immediately, so lower your tempo slightly to make them hold on to ball longer. It will slso help them setup a proper zone with pushed up def line...

use this at home at a narrow pitch.

Do you have a download link or team instructions/player instructions for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers what kind of results have you got with it?

I dont play with this. This is just common football knowledge that I aquired over the years. I play in low league where I don't have such good players this tactic requires. I created it a few seconds ago, just for you.

I dont play with this. This is just common football knowledge that I aquired over the years. I play in low league where I don't have such good players this tactic requires. I created it a few seconds ago, just for you.

Oh right okay cheers i'll try it

well, I just gave it a go, and it seems closing down needs to be slightly less....the formation is way to tight and high up, and players double up on opponents, so need to lower the closing down circle around players which tells them how far to leave their position to close down. Sorry for the slip up...

and basically, its control, a better kind of football, so it will only work at home and only if you have good players....I would recommend the opposite of this when playing with weaker players, or away from home, or board wants you to play a possession game...

Yeah board wants possession football